No announcement yet.

X-Men: First Class

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Men: First Class

Apparently Josh Schwartz (The OC, Chuck) has been hired to write the script. Which is sort of strange, cause I've never imagine a guy like him writing a script for a movie like this. I guess he's had experience with the whole 'life of a teenager' sorta thing? I'm interested to see how this pans out.

I like both of his shows. I'm looking forward to it. I'll bet he'll have some O.C. and possibly Chuch co-stars be characters or something in the movie. I'd like to see the core four all in it, but I doubt it will happen.

Comment

Any more news on the movie?

Comment

an interesting take on the xmen

Comment

Any cast updates or anything?

Comment

Producer Lauren Shuler Donner had this to say:

It is the first class of Xavier's school, way back when, so it's young Scott, young Jean, young Beast and that'll be really fun. I think (the plan) is to follow some of the characters into their own stories, and weave them back into the X-Men world. Hopefully First Class will become its own franchise and we can follow them as they grow up.
            Apparently, the film is going to be another prequel, focusing on the other X-Men characters.

Comment

I want to see Angel, Jubilee, Kitty Pryde, etc.

Comment

I want Kitty Pryde and Kurt Wagner. Preferably, I would like them together, as in 'kiss me baby', but it would be nice to get a good look a Kurt life in Germany growing up a furry Catholic. Also, would LOVE to see Pryde's story, even though I'm pretty sure they're going to screw over canon.
                Last edited by Vindellavon; 04-26-2009, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I first heard about this on G4. Apparently it's all about rights to the franchise. They have to pump out movies at a particular rate in order to maintain rights on the characters. This movie is an attempt to keep whatever characters they want to hang on to for the future.

Hopefully they will put some effort into it and give us a quality movie. I'm not optimistic about it though simply because of the reason it's getting made. It seems to me there might be a bit of a rush to get it done for nothing more than financial reasons. I fear quality may suffer for it.

Comment

I'd rather Fox lose the rights and Marvel pick it up and re-do the franchise. Although I'm not sure how I'm gonna feel about re-casting Logan...

But regarding First Class, I don't see how Scott, Jean, and Hank could carry a movie.

Comment

You know what they need? They need House of M. Yes, straight up, pure, angst, rated R House of M.

Comment

No way will they do a rated R superhero movie any time soon. Watchmen was R, look how much money that movie didn't make.

Comment

IMDB says 2010 then Magneto in 2011.

Comment

I wouldn't trust IMDB. They still don't have a director for Magneto after David S. Goyer decided to do another project.

Comment

Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Beast and Iceman -----------Are these the mutants that will make up the first class?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎