Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Bride"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wellinglover66
    I think that would have been mejor (better).

ETA: I love your avi - Jean Smart, right? Viva Mejico!

Itīs Daniela Castro( a heck of an actress) and its Mexico
    Last edited by Diego*Chloe; 09-06-2009, 10:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego*Chloe
      Itīs kinda of annoying me the fact that people only like this episode because of Clois, and the fact that this episode was focused on Clois instead of THE BRIDE!!!!!!

I don't think it's implied that people ONLY liked this episode for Clois. Sure Clois getting closer was a factor in why I personally enjoyed it so much but overall, this episode had the full package! Lex being alive, Doomsday destroying the wedding, the song by vast (take my love away) with various clips and the ultimate one, Lex being alive was like a huge cliff-hanger. The only soar point of this episode was Lana's return. Other than that, I enjoyed it immensely. I also enjoyed the interactions between various character. E.G, Clark giving Chloe that flower was very sweet and great continuity. I loved the chat between Oliver and Lois. I found it a mature discussion it was great to see Oliver be a great support to Lois as a good friend. The reason why I enjoyed this episode was that it had everything. Drama, suspense, romance with a slight dash of comedy ...

I can't agree that it was more focused on Clois than the bride. Clois had its moments sure (the cufflink scene/vows, the dance, and Lois walking away from Clark in the end) but the Bride was not overshadowed. We saw the build up to the wedding. Clark giving her the flower, Chloe’s talk with Lois about "the one", her interaction with Jimmy about nothing going wrong, the Bride dance with the groom and the best man and of course the event that went down when the beast attacked. I'd say Chloe was pretty much at the forefront of the episode. Was it a Chloe centic episode? No that was Abyss (which I did enjoy myself) but it wasn’t Clois centric either (that would have to be Committed).
      Last edited by Selina; 09-06-2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Clark giving the flower to Chloe became this bizzare moment for Lois IMO

Comment

• She looked confused but I think that was because she didn't know about the flower and the history behind it. She wasn't around in season 1. When Clark explained that Chloe gave it to him at the prom, she smiled. I thought it was was a very nice scene all round.

Comment

• this episode bored me i was only looking forward to the doomsday part and it totally left me disappointed. Clark once again instead of caring about others only checks on lana in the barn. such a disappointment in my eyes i expected so much better

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego*Chloe
              Itīs Daniela Castro( a heck of an actress) and its Mexico
              Oh, wow, she looks exactly like Jean Smart. Well, in Spanish (being Mexican myself) its written with a "j", right? At least that's how my father wrote it.
              Last edited by wellinglover66; 09-06-2009, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wellinglover66
                Oh, wow, she looks exactly like Jean Smart. Well, in Spanish (being Mexican myself) its written with a "j", right? At least that's how my father wrote it.

Well, only people from Spain and Argentina write it with "j" but its with "x"

Comment

Loved :
                  - Clark and Lois scenes
                  - Doomsday
                  - Clark giving Chloe the flower
                  - the ending song (VAST)
                  - cliffhanger : Lex is alive ?????

Comment

• THIS EPISODE IS THE BEST EVER!!!!!FAVORITE OF THE SEASON AND FAVORITE OF THE SERIES!!Liked the lana comming back,doomsday arriveing,clark and lois was awsome,chloe and jimmy were awsome and the ending was the best ever

Comment

• This episode marked Lana's return and her return had a negative effect. When the people were in danger from Doomsday's rampage, all Clark was thinking about was Lana more than their safety. The destruction by Doomsday in this episode was clearly better than the one from the season finale.

Comment

• This episode is now in my top 10 of the series. Love it each and everytime I watch it

Comment

• I still love this episode. Awesome episode. If only it stayed that way.
                          Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 11-23-2013, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• One of the better episodes of the season for me. It's telling that the most emotionally hurt person in the episode is also the only one who didn't come to any actual physical harm.

Comment

• It (the season) was all going so well, then Lana had to return. Just when Clark and Lois was about to kiss and admit their feelings for each other. Kreuk had missed out on the last five episodes of S7, so she had to appear in five episodes of S8 to make up for it and "Bride" was the first of them. Judged on its own, this could've been a good final Lana appearance. She shows up at the wedding and openly admits that she and Clark weren't meant to be. Sadly, they couldn't have her leave, before Doomsday shows up. It could've been great. Lana drops by for a few minutes. We learn what she's been doing these past few months and what she plans to do next, then she'd leave, before Doomsday crashed the wedding. It would've been a better and more organic exit, than her getting superpowers and becoming living Kryptonite.

On the commentary for "Legion", the writers admited that they hadn't yet figured out what to do with Lana (during production of the second part of a five part story arc), which is a problem when you bring a character back, for a limited engagement. They should've had everything figured out, before she returned. I've also heard that Kruek got some input, into what they'd do with Lana, which is likely why she uses martial arts, during her first scene. The reason why she had missed the last five episodes of S7, was that she was busy filming Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, which was released shortly after "Requiem" was aired (it was both panned by critics and bombed at the box office). So, Kreuk probably wanted to use her appearances here, to hype her upcoming movie. Which is why Lana is suddenly a martial arts master.

Overal, I thought it was a good episode, that was hijacked a bit by the return of Lana.
                              Last edited by jon-el87; 06-28-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎