Special Effects in "Bride"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole doomsday scene was made to be darker than usual shading. I think they did that to cover up the fact it would look too fake. Actually most smallville effects are done in the nighttime to mask the whole look of it.

Comment

its as good as one would expect on a tv show's budget. having doomsday shrouded in shadows and using close-ups and other camera techniques are ways to keep costs down. seems a lot of people were complaining in the other thread... to me those complaints are only valid if this episode had been given the blockbuster movie budget and the effects still didn't impress. i have no idea wot doomsday looks like as i'm not familiar with the comic. having said all that, i do hope when we get the showdown between clark and doomsday, they give us a good look at doomsday and a kick ass fight sequence...

Comment

I thought Doomsday looked like a guy wearing a cheesy looking rubber suit.

Comment

Originally posted by psyko69
          This was the first EVER live action appearance of Doomsday, so you have to give them credit.
          I know, and it was well done!

Comment

Originally posted by psyko69
            This was the first EVER live action appearance of Doomsday, so you have to give them credit.
            Exactly, well said. The only time we've ever seen him before is in comic or cartoon form. So given that we have no live-action to compare him too, and given that we know how poorly Smallville is budgeted (even for a TV show it's still bottom of the barrel stuff as a special effects oriented program), I reckon we should be VERY happy with what they managed.

Comment

I don't need special effects when TW is smiling like he did at the beginning of the epi. All these smiles were so....waow ! lol. I always like to hear the noise (like the wind ) Clark does when he uses his speed. I like it so much !!!

Comment

All the effects were awesome!

Comment

agree.
                  i loved the effects

Comment

I liked Doomsday the most.

Comment

I thought the sound effects of the foot steps when Doomsday was approaching were awesome. That was some scary stuff.

Comment

I liked the FX when the bone things came out of Davis's hand.

I could barely see him, but the little Doomsday I saw was also good. IMO, they did a good job with the costume.

I think that it makes him scarier when we only get to see tiny glimpses of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                          I liked the FX when the bone things came out of Davis's hand.

I could barely see him, but the little Doomsday I saw was also good. IMO, they did a good job with the costume.

I think that it makes him scarier when we only get to see tiny glimpses of him.
                          I was like woverine!

Comment

doomsday was MUCH better looking than expected. it is funny, though, how they took the whole cloverfield approach in order to take some of the focus off of him. actually, i think it was probably a good idea. sure, kind of a rip-off, but still...a good idea...and it worked. it gave a little more realism.
                            but even of the close shots of him...he looked great. i like how they're telling the doomsday story - making him grow stronger. i assume that if we see him in later episodes, he will have grown in size and in strength.
                            but as far as the look itself...great.

Comment

I loved the effects, and thought Doomsday was much better looking than expected. I had envisioned a totally different look for him in my head when I first heard he'd be on the show. I'm glad to say that what we've gotten so far has looked great, I can't wait to see him in full view.

Comment

I thought it would be Davis with a little bony stuff coming out of him, but no.
                                It was actually Doomsday!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎