#2.7 - "Chuck vs The Fat Lady"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!

Comment

So Jill's a "bad guy?" Well, didn't see that one coming... I'm not sure how I feel about this development. I was hoping that Chuck would realize, in his time with Jill, that his feelings for Sarah were stronger than any for Jill. Now it seems like he is going to learn of her involvement with Fulcrum and that won't be an option. It's so obvious, to this viewer at least, that Chuck is back with Jill to revive some former "glory." He longs for normality and excellence (an oxymoron, yes, but he is looking back to days before his spy hey day - normalcy - and his time at school - excellence). Being with Jill makes him think those former days have returned.

Despite that this show seems to mostly revolve around Chuck and his relationship with Agent Walker, I think that the supporting cast are the ones that continually shine. Casey, with his high note C, Emmet, with "This is fantastic!" and, lastly, Jeff and Lester's bantering back and forth. But, IMO, the brightest star in this episode, and in many of the episodes, is Morgan. That first scene with Emmet was perfection (Buymoria had me). The latter scenes were no less wonderful. The look on his face when he thought Chuck had betrayed him, then later when he pulled one on Emmet (the vigilante of Buymoria). YES! Another reminder of why Morgan is my favorite character.

Negatives about this episode: No Anna! Where is she? Hiding in a hole? I DEMAND more Anna, and more Morgan and Anna scenes (I like them better than Charah, sorry). The whole scene where Chuck accidentally calls Jill and she thinks...well, you know. That is SO overused it's not funny. Lastly, where are Ellie and Captain Awesome? They live there too. Jill coming in and out would not escape their notice, neither would Sarah and Casey charging in with guns drawn. Seems kinda convenient that they weren't in the episode, don't you think?

Overall, this season is shaping up pretty nicely, but not like last season. Personally, I think all the magic of the show is stored in Buy More scenes, between the Buy More employees, and, of course, Casey.

End Note: The ending? Well... I CANNOT wait 'til the next episode!!!

Comment

I actually can't stand morgan. He gets on my nerves. He is probably my least favorite character.

my favorite character (next to chuck) is definitely Casey! There is never a boring scene with Casey. He makes me laugh so much XD

Comment

Originally posted by Violet-Shadow
          So Jill's a "bad guy?" Well, didn't see that one coming...
          The smiley means you are being sarcastic, right?
          I knew that since the college episode in season 1 (Bryce protecting Chuck). Writers usually go for predictable. Unpredictable storytwists make people uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Magic
            The smiley means you are being sarcastic, right?
            I knew that since the college episode in season 1 (Bryce protecting Chuck). Writers usually go for predictable. Unpredictable storytwists make people uncomfortable.
            Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I also assumed she was a bad guy from that first episode (though I wasn't exactly thinking fulcrum...not that we really knew anything about fulcrum then...). Yeah, predictable. I still love Chuch though!

Sorry, maryjanewatson, that you don't like Morgan. But we all connect differently with different characters. I have to agree with you about Casey though. I love him and hope that there are some Casey-centric episodes in the future (even though I love Morgan I wouldn't really want a Morgan-centric episode...it wouldn't work...but a Casey-centric one would!).

Comment

Originally posted by maryjanewatson
              I actually can't stand morgan. He gets on my nerves. He is probably my least favorite character.

my favorite character (next to chuck) is definitely Casey! There is never a boring scene with Casey. He makes me laugh so much XD
              ya casey is awesome. i like how he treat chuck like crap but behind close doors he care for him. plus he is funny cause he is always so serious that when he dresses up or says weird things its even funnier.

Comment

Originally posted by Violet-Shadow
                Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I also assumed she was a bad guy from that first episode (though I wasn't exactly thinking fulcrum...not that we really knew anything about fulcrum then...). Yeah, predictable. I still love Chuch though!

Sorry, maryjanewatson, that you don't like Morgan. But we all connect differently with different characters. I have to agree with you about Casey though. I love him and hope that there are some Casey-centric episodes in the future (even though I love Morgan I wouldn't really want a Morgan-centric episode...it wouldn't work...but a Casey-centric one would!).
                oh, I hope you didn't think that I was trying to knock your love for morgan, because thats not the case! I just thought I would say how I felt about him. I think part of my hate stems from him reminding me of a guy from work, who I hate.

ironically, I work in retail also.

Comment

Originally posted by maryjanewatson
                  oh, I hope you didn't think that I was trying to knock your love for morgan, because thats not the case! I just thought I would say how I felt about him. I think part of my hate stems from him reminding me of a guy from work, who I hate.

ironically, I work in retail also.
                  Oh, I didn't!!! I'm just sad that you don't like him. I do think it's interesting, however, how we all connect with different characters, like I posted.

Comment

There is another guy at my work who everyone thinks of as chuck, because he works in the electronics section, and he wears a dress shirt, tie and converse every day. But he dressed like that before chuck was ever on. Too bad he's not as good looking as chuck

Comment

So this was another sort of not-that-great episode for me. (I think pretty much all the Jill eppies were like that for me.)

Jill turning out to be bad was something I knew about already (since I was so far behind and all) so I kept waiting for the big reveal.

Comment

Buymoria!

Anyways, the mix ups with Jill always hearing or interrupting Chuck and Sarah were hilarious. How Chuck got stuck in the vent was hilarious not to mention choir boy Casey. The ending had a nice twist even though not that surprising. Strong episode.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎