Collapse
No announcement yet.

What stage of grief are you at?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still in denial and I refuse to read any spoilers so I basically keep thinking that she's going to get all those clark memories back

Comment

In over a month, I don't think my feelings have changed. I was so upset and angry at the writers when I saw this, and I still am. She best get her memories back!

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen One
        Which stage is euphoria?

Originally posted by xrayvision
        I say this show is more Smallville than it's ever been. Clark fans like me have been very angry over the past several years because the character who makes this show was being torn down year after year at the benefit of Chloe. My thoughts are that it was an unnatural state of the show and Al/Miles set Clark fans like myself up for disappointment all those years and ultimately set up Chloe fans for disappointment. Personally, I loved Chloe the most when she didn't know the secret and when she was characterized as "Miss Can't Do Wrong". I have high hopes that I will once again like her just as much as I once did.
        And other fans who have enjoyed the show then are still enjoying it, more than ever, now

Comment

acceptance =)

Comment

I'm still in euphoria, James. After all this time.

Comment

I found that particularly funny because I came here to say the exact same thing, word for word

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                I say this show is more Smallville than it's ever been. Clark fans like me have been very angry over the past several years because the character who makes this show was being torn down year after year at the benefit of Chloe. My thoughts are that it was an unnatural state of the show and Al/Miles set Clark fans like myself up for disappointment all those years and ultimately set up Chloe fans for disappointment. Personally, I loved Chloe the most when she didn't know the secret and when she was characterized as "Miss Can't Do Wrong". I have high hopes that I will once again like her just as much as I once did.
                I just stumbled in here, but since they just re-aired Abyss last Thursday, it is timely.

ITA with this post. Clark hasn't been the same since season 5 and in retrospect, I think it was because his character was sacrificed in the service of Chloe, Lana, and to a lesser degree, Kara.

I couldn't put my finger on it. I blamed it on the loss of Jonathon Kent or the protracted Clana saga, but at the end of the day, Clark was made to look dumb and dependent by always going to Chloe for answers and pep talks, especially in season 7.

I'm as feminist as they get so I don't think it is very fair for Chloe, with the purest of intentions, to get so entangled in Clark's business that Clark feels he has to rescue her in such a radical way without her knowledge.

I think she should have been completely open with him all along. I know it is her life, but she is in over her head because of her friendship with Clark. She and Clark could have come to some kind arrangement without Clark having to resort to "mind rape" as some have called it. But, I guess it makes for more dramatic story-telling to have Chloe be totally secretive and for Clark to erase her memories.

I think the lesson for Clark is, if Chloe wants to be a martyr, then that's her decision. Clark does not have to feel guilty for that or try to rescue her or take something from her that she considers dear to her against her will. That is Clark's fatal weakness, not Kryptonite.

The FOS scene between Clark and Jor-el over Chloe's body was Clark's way of saying, "Okay, Chloe, I got it from here. You can live your own life now and find your happiness. I'm sorry I was so codependent on you."

I would have preferred a conversation since in real life we don't get all these do-overs that Jor-el gives Clark. But, hey, this is PS3's way of setting things right for Clark's character even if Chloe's selective amnesia turns out to be short-lived.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎