Collapse
No announcement yet.

What stage of grief are you at?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Five Stages of Grief", YES! I almost thought that I couldn't respond to this Thread. I'm one of those 'emotional' Smallville fans, which is Why I became a fan of the series in the first place. If I don't make an emotional link to a story, I'll soon lose interest. So, here we are and here I am, still feeling ALL of the Stages of Grief simultaneously!

It's still all jumbled up for me. Mostly though, I feel Sad. A friendship is an 'entity' that's kept alive by the people who share it. So, I too, feel like someone has died. Everyone needs a Loved and Trusted Confidante. Access to a relationship like that is having access to 'an emotional salve' whenever the need arises. Chloe and Clark were that for each other, IMO. Also, I admire and understand Clark's Selflessness in making the decision he made hoping to protect Chloe from any more harm. His sacrifice only accentuates the genuine purity of his love for Chloe.

Nevertheless, I'm also holding on to Denial, because I have hope that Chloe will recover her complete memory of Clark and the depth of the friendship they had shared. I also feel some suspicion that PS3 did this because they may have some wonderful way of Soothing this Loss later in the season that could be satisfying to most fans.

However, I've always felt that Chloe would leave at some point, or die tragically and Clark wouldn't be able to save her, thereby creating another pshchological and emotional pivotal point in Clark's journey toward becoming Superman. It would also become a method to Align Smallville's CK/Superman story with the Mythos, explaining Chloe's absence in Clark's future.

It's ALL of the above for me, which qualifies a right to be Acknowledged. Although we're talking about a Fictitious story set in a fictitious universe with fictitious people, we're experiencing Very Real Feelings about it. So, this thread was a Great Idea, IMO, and this discussion will help many who'll discover it here, work through it all and to wait until we see what happens next. Thanks, Marcus.
    Last edited by Imzadia; 11-15-2008, 07:17 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

everything but acceptance =(

Comment

anger, denial and depression... a long with a little bit of 'who can i blame'

Comment

I'm just left wondering how it will pan out in the next few episodes.

I can't say I'm sad or angry or anything else, because I don't know what the ramifications of that action will be.

I'm just REALLY eager to see what happens next.

If Chloe recovers her memory, so be it. If she doesn't, it's not all that bad. I just hope they have something in store for her character - anything different or surprising.

I'm glad this happened because it's been a while since a Smallville episode has left me wondering about what was going to happen next and really... it's a great feeling!

It may not be the greatest thing ever or the best turn of events in terms of writing, but I can't say I'm not intrigued.

Comment

Acceptance.

Comment

I don't do 'denial' so when I tell you I don't think it is going to permanent I say that from a place of, well, common sense. I don't think it makes sense to make it permanent, and if it is, I guess I'll deal with it then.

So I didn't vote, because mine is 'Common Sense Dictates That It Isn't Permanent'

Comment

Acceptance, it is sad yes...because it was cool she knew how powerful he is, but she is still the sweet and smart woman we all fell in love with before she knew his secret, she actually seemed happier, like she isn't carrying that weight on her shoulders anymore. I wanna see how they handle their relationship from now on. I think they will still be best friends.

Comment

I'm at acceptance because altho he took away her memory of his powers, he hasn't taken away her memories of him. Altho this makes me wonder if he also took away her knowledge of her own healing abilities, if she still had them post-Brainiac.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
                    ISo I didn't vote, because mine is 'Common Sense Dictates That It Isn't Permanent'

River in Egypt

Comment

acceptance I knew this was coming

Comment

everything except acceptance...havent we been down this boring road before of her not knowing the secret? ITA with a prior poster about the mythos argument is moot b/c this show doesnt even come close to matching the mythos AT ALL..almost all the characters that are currently on right now SHOULDNT BE....especially how they relate to clark now need i say more?

Comment

100% happiness?

Comment

This thread should have a poll.

I'm between sadness and acceptance.

Comment

Originally posted by cousteau
                              I'm half tempted to create a "good grief people, if you don't like it anymore - set your tivo to only record supernatural" thread.
                              Well, since it would go against one of our most basic RULES (that everyone should be familiar with), the thread wouldn't be there very long.

Comment

Originally posted by cousteau
                                just double checking. Is this thread here? really?

THis is probebly not meant to be a funny thread, but it's sooo funny!!!

----- Added 54 Seconds later -----

I'm sad, but will soon move on to acceptance...
                                I'm okay with it.
                                Last edited by lrog127; 11-16-2008, 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎