No announcement yet.

What stage of grief are you at?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What stage of grief are you at?

Denial? You all think this is only going to be temporary, that she must get her memory back because without her memory of Clark, this show isn't Smallville, and she isn't Chloe Sullivan. You just can't believe that this will be permanent.

Anger? You're furious at Clark for taking her memories away or furious at TPTB be for writing away a huge part of Chloe's character.

Bargaining? What if Clark hadn't taken her powers? What if things hadn't chaged? Chloe would have been whole and sound if she still had her memories of Clark, right?

Sadness? This loss just makes you want to cry, you feel like someone has died.

Acceptance? You realise Chloe was never going to be part of Supermans life, she won't even be part of Jimmy's life. Chloe will leave Smallville and Metropolis for good someday, and soon it will be just Clark, Lois and Jimmy. Oh, and Lex.

I don't think a poll would really justify this thread, if because of nothing else, you are probably going to feel different tommorow.

What is especially difficult is that even if you do accept it; Smallville hasn't finnished yet and none of us know exactly how Chloe's story is going to finnish. There may be a glimmer of hope of Chlarkers or perhaps something worse will happen to her, who really knows?

Definitely anger. >:[

Comment

Denial - You all think this is only going to be temporary, that she must get her memory back because without her memory of Clark, this show isn't Smallville, and she isn't Chloe Sullivan. You just can't believe that this will be permanent.

... it just can't be...

Comment

[QUOTE]
        Denial? You all think this is only going to be temporary, that she must get her memory back because without her memory of Clark, this show isn't Smallville, and she isn't Chloe Sullivan. You just can't believe that this will be permanent.
        Anger? You're furious at Clark for taking her memories away or furious at TPTB be for writing away a huge part of Chloe's character.
        Bargaining? What if Clark hadn't taken her powers? What if things hadn't chaged? Chloe would have been whole and sound if she still had her memories of Clark, right?
        Sadness? This loss just makes you want to cry, you feel like someone has died.
        Acceptance? You realise Chloe was never going to be part of Supermans life, she won't even be part of Jimmy's life. Chloe will leave Smallville and Metropolis for good someday, and soon it will be just Clark, Lois and Jimmy. Oh, and Lex.

I am currently at denial, anger and sadness! I will never go through bargaining and acceptance, cause those awful writers don't deserve it! This better not be a permanent development!

Comment

Somewhere in between acceptance and sadness

Comment

Acceptance.

Comment

sadness and acceptance

Comment

just double checking. Is this thread here? really?

Comment

Originally posted by cousteau
                  just double checking. Is this thread here? really?
                  why ever shouldn't it be?

@Everyone else, i'm hovering paradoxically between acceptance and denial. I always knew someday Chloe wouldn't be a part of Clarks life, i can't believe it happenned like this though, or so soon.
                  Last edited by TheANIMAL (marcus); 11-15-2008, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Denial is my friend.

But I definitely feel anger and sadness. A huge loss.
                    Last edited by msjade16; 11-15-2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

we have some guy perpetuating the mind rape thing, we have hopeful suicide saying the episode is an affront to feminism, we have another guy saying he was was actually happy to see someone die and found chloe's loss of memory sadder, and now we're having a thread on the stages of acceptance?

Comment

we have some guy perpetuating the mind rape thing, we have hopeful suicide saying the episode is an affront to feminism, we have another guy saying he was was actually happy to see someone die and found chloe's loss of memory sadder, and now we're having a thread on the stages of acceptance?

Smallville fans are an emotional bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
                          Smallville fans are an emotional bunch.
                          Maybe, but good grief...let's have a little perspective here.

Comment

i passed most of the stages before the season even started; I've been in acceptance mode since Odessey.

Comment

Maybe, but good grief...let's have a little perspective here.
                              I know what you mean, i just thought that this thread would cut to the center of how people feel about it.

There seems to be 2 angry threads, a denial thread, 2 sad threads, a deal-with-it thread.

No bargaining threads mind you.

The five stages of grief is what i think is responsible for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎