Special Effects in Abyss

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since budget was an issue this season, I thought we'd see less special effects.

For this episode, I liked all of them, especially the recreation of the scene from Vessel. It's like they knew they're gonna make this episode from three years ago.

Comment

I take it maybe everyone did cuz they cant respond. I do have to hand it to the editing crew for all the split second edits thrown in there with different scenes in between.

Comment

I think it was great, especially the scenes where Chloe's memories started disappearing. The black goo looks kind old though almost the sort of graphics you'll see from "Tron"
        But I did like the Jimmy face thing which was cool - too bad they can't keep it like that for the rest of the series though

Comment

Ending was so cool when the fortress was all black! I loved how they showed the symbol for Doom just as it was ending aswell.

Comment

they were great. loved the scenes with chloes flashes and clark getting sucked out of the galaxy or something and all the coding. really cool. loved the end with briniac taking over the fortress and turning it black. really cool.

Comment

Recycled footage of Fortress of Solitude

When the Fortress of Solitude re-built itself, it was pretty obvious the editors were just re-using the same shot of the FOS building itself from Arrival. But I can hardly blame them with the money it must cost.
              Then they had Welling with a different jacket stand in front of a green sceen, to make it look like he was in the Arctic. And they intentionally gave him a blue jacket so nobody would think the shot of him standing there was recycled.

I noticed, but it all worked fine though.

Comment

The low budget sucks badly but there isn't much that can be done about it.

Comment

I figured they'd use the fortress creation scene from "Arrival" but I thought they would show it until they did the zoom in on Clark. I did notice that when Clark was looking at the fortress in "Abyss" there was a new shot of the fortress with a few crystals still rising in the middle and on the sides.

Comment

i like the special effects this episode
                    especially the flashbacks ones

Comment

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think this ep broke the record for SE's in an episode. fine, the FOS creation was from ARRIVAL, but don't forget the memory losses, The black FOS, and etc. Didn't that break a record?

BTW, does Terrence Stamp still voice Jor-El? just wanna know...
                      And did they actually bring James Masters to say one line? XD

Comment

The FX were SO cool! All the stuff disappearing was pretty awesome!
                        My favorite affect though had to be during the Vessel flashback when that whirlpool formed and Chloe grabbed Clark and started running away while everything was being sucked in and Chloe and Clark were kinda slow-mode! That was sooooo awesome!

Originally posted by LioneLex
                        BTW, does Terrence Stamp still voice Jor-El? just wanna know...
                        And did they actually bring James Masters to say one line? XD
                        Ya that was TS voicing Jor-El. His name was in the starting credits.
                        Was JM's name in the credits though? I didn't notice.

Comment

I would have preferred if they just used the new shot of the Fortress being rebuilt with the couple of points growing from the top. That would have been cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by alejandrita439
                            i like the special effects this episode
                            especially the flashbacks ones
                            Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎