This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in Abyss

talk about them here

I liked the SFX where the things disappeared. That looked pretty cool. I also loved the black FOS.

It's too bad they had to use the FOS creation scene from "Arrival" though.

Comment

I loved them, especially when things would get sucked up into the sky or start floating upwards before they were deleted. The only thing I didn't like was when the fortress turned black. I'm so sick of the braniac black goo. It's really old.

Comment

I agree about the SFX during the removal of Chloe's memories. Those looked awesome especially with the way that Chloe and Clark were running through as they were disappearing. On other shows, they probably would've made the characters stay still as the objects disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
          I agree about the SFX during the removal of Chloe's memories. Those looked awesome especially with the way that Chloe and Clark were running through as they were disappearing. On other shows, they probably would've made the characters stay still as the objects disappeared.
          I agree the Chloe scenes of her forgetting was awesome. The Fortress scenes were great as well.

Comment

Awesome Visuals

This episode had some of the best visual FX I have seen on the show 2 date. And not mention the last 3 minutes of the epidsode were S U P E R !!!!!!

Can not wait for the rest of the season!!!

Comment

Although they used the footage of creating the FOS from Arrival they did add one shot that wasn't there before. The first time we didn't get to see Clark's perspective of seeing the construction...we only got to see it from his angle after it was built. So it was about 2 seconds but did add something new (Check the two back to back and you'll see for yourself).

Removing the car must have been really easy. They just used the original pre-fx shot of TW before the CGI car was added.

The big scene of everything disappearing was awesome as was the FOS going black.

Comment

The only thing that bothered me was that they used the footage from Arrival when the fortress was built. Everything else was great, though.

Comment

My favorite bits were the flashes of memories that came at almost a subliminal speed during the recreated Vessel scenes. I love how after Clark got sucked into the Brainiac vortex there is a shot of the Superman Crest filling the screen and then it cut right to a still of the Vessel kiss. Very nice.

Comment

I loved the fading memories. I particularly like the barn scene, when young Chloe and Clark run away and everything disappears behind them.

Comment

The re-used Fortress footage was fine with me. Had to be done to save money. And it still looked awesome. Brainiac is awesome and I loved the ending.

One of the coolest FX was Chloe standing in the Doomsday symbol made of kryptonian writing.

Comment

i will go with chloe losing hr memory but the better scene of that was the kid flash back in the barn when the tractor flew out of the barn .. dope............
                        lol i can't really remember others .. but the missing jimmy face was awesome kinda freaky to

----- Added 30 Seconds later -----

oh yea the brainiac fortress was dope aswell
                        Last edited by BIGBLUE1; 11-14-2008, 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Why not use the scene from arrival? the same thing happened, and they saved a buck to be used somewhere else. I say it's a good use of resources

Comment

Yes, especially for this season with the lower budget. It was really creepy how Chloe's memories got torn apart piece by piece. And gorgeous fortress scenes too.

Comment

Anyone have a seizure from the effects?

Its kinda funny cuz I didnt know if it was my cw feed acting up again or if the show was trying to be like that. But long and behold my awesome cw feed acted up at the same time of chloes mind freaks and then I could tell the differance.
                              Most of those scene shots they were flashing were so fast it was really hard to see them all until I paused it and went back. Im sure once it comes on dvd it will be easier to notce what all took place.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎