Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telescope

Clark covers up spying on Lana with his telescope.

Chloe: Spend your nights spying on any unsuspecting neighbors?

Clark: No, I like … (raises telescope in directions of stars) looking at the stars.

Chloe: I guess you truly are a gentleman farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by lm1212
      Jimmy: "She's all I long for, worship and adore, know what I mean?"
      Although I'm not a fan a Chimmy, I thought that was sweet
      I am a Chimmy fan...and that was my favorite line in Abyss...

Also, when Clark called Jor-El "father."

Comment

Clark: ¨You've been the best friend and ally I could have had, Chloe¨
        Brainiac: ¨Doomsday is coming¨
        Clark: ¨.... Father¨

Comment

Originally posted by morethanmeetstheye
          And the award for the most hypocritical statement of the year goes to...

Clark (To Jimmy): "Don't beat yourself up over something you didn't have any control over."
          You are so damn right XDD Clark blames himself for about everything that happens in the show, and now he's lecturing people not to do it?

Davis: "(something) you're marrying the wrong guy."

Was I the only one who thought that one was akward? I mean, Davis knows Chloe for what, a couple of weeks, and he thinks she should marry him? /= or maybe he said it cause he sensed her calling him while Brainiac was inside her..

Comment

Jimmy-"As Chloe's future husband, I thought I could steer our ship through any storm in sickness and in health, but I just got hit with a major bridal wave."

Who writes this crap?! Ugh! Just shut up, Jimmy!

Comment

FAVORITE ABYSS QUOTES:

1) Clark Kent & Jimmy Olsen:

Jimmy: Cod Red Clark. My world just fell apart.

Clark: Jimmy, please slow down. What's going on?

Jimmy: As Chloe's future husband, I thought I could steer her ship through any storm in sickness and in health, but I just got hit with a major bridal wave.

Clark: The wedding's only a week away. She's probably just stressed.

Jimmy: That's what I thought, but she's been forgetting things. It started out with small stuff, but a missed meeting, a name, a place -- that kind of stuff. But today -- she didn't even recognize me. She was actually afraid of me.

Clark: Did you notice any other symptoms?

Jimmy: Other than a selective amnesia? Look, she calmed down after I showed her a picture of us together, but I still don't think that she recognizes me. Clark, Chloe used to have this medical condition. It gave her a special ability.

Clark: You mean a meteor ability -- Healing people.

Jimmy: I figured she would have told you. Do you think it left her with brain damage?

Clark: I don't know. This could be a number of things.

Jimmy: Look, we need to get Chloe to a doctor. Could you talk to her? Her memory may have left her at the altar, but she might still remember you.

2) Clark: We both know what's happened to you?

Chloe: I'm being taken over by Brainiac.

3) Clark Kent & Jor-El:

Jor-El: Welcome home, my son.

Clark: Home? I wanted to see it that way, Jor-El. I wanted to learn more about my family. About my destiny. Then you tore it all away.

Jor-El: I programmed the Fortress to remove all your powers and self-destruct if you became a danger to the planet.

Clark: When you sent me here, you had no way of knowing how I would use my abilities. You trusted me. When I betrayed that trust, you were willing to sacrifice your only son to save this planet. But now I know what it truly means to protect people. Not just my family and friends.

Jor-El: You've made great progress, my son.

Clark: One thing needs to change. You call me your son, you treat me like your enemy. I think it's time to stop punishing me and start trusting me again.

Jor-El: You're grown up, Kal-el. Your trials have matured you.

Clark: My trials are not over, Jor-El. Brainiac was not destroyed. He managed to infect one of my friends and now he's taking her over. I need your help.

Jor-El: I can translate the Kryptonian Code corrupting your friends' mind back into human memories. However, the being you call "Brainiac" is highly unpredictable. It poses a tremendous threat to all of us. There is no way of knowing what the outcome will be. Are you willing to take that risk?

4) Clark & Jor-El and Chloe

Jor-El: Time is of the essence, Kal-El.

Clark: Chloe wouldn't have gotten hurt if she wasn't trying to protect me.

Jor-El: I tried to warn you of the danger in sharing your true identity.

Clark: But now that I'm taking more risks, it's even more dangerous for her. Chloe deserves a life free from the burden of my secret. When you restore her memory, I don't want her to remember anything about Krypton or about my abilities.

Jor-El: I know this choice is not easy for you, my son, but it will be done.

Clark (to Chloe): You've been the best friend and ally I could have had, Chloe. Truth is, you saved me more than I ever could have saved you. (Kisses Chloe). I'm sorry to go back to hiding the truth from you. But the best way that I know to protect you is to let you go.

5) Clark: It definitely was a miracle. Plain and simple.

Chloe (hugging Clark): Clark Kent -- the best looking best man in town. Second only to my gorgeous groom, of course.

Clark: I'll make a run to the city for you.

Chloe: Are you kidding me? That's like a two-hour trip, and you drive like an old lady.

6) Clark Kent, Jor-El and Brainiac:

Clark: Jor-El, I came here to thank you for what you've done. Chloe's a lot safer now that she doesn't remember the truth about me. I guess I'm starting to realize how much I actually lost.

Jor-El: You made a difficult choice. I am proud of you, Kal-El. But something else is troubling you.

Clark: I know that we defeated Brainiac, but we may have another problem. When Chloe was losing her memory, she kept seeing the Kryptonian symbol for doom in her mind.

Jor-El: The symbol for doom represents/signifies the ultimate destroyer. The ultimate destroyer is a Kryptonian creature bred for a single purpose -- to kill. It adapts and evolves to any attack. It is virtually unstoppable. And it appears it made its way to earth.

Clark: So Brainiac was trying to contact this thing to use Chloe as a vessel.

Jor-El: If that is true, then it is likely the creature will find her soon.

Clark: I don't care how powerful it is. I'll take it on like I have everything else.

Jor-El: I am here for you as well, my son.

Clark: Thank you, father. (Whoooooooosh)!

Jor-El's voice (trapped): My son! My son!

Brainiac: Your son is destined to fail. Soon a new age will dawn on earth -- an age of power and strength... And the fall of the House of El. Doomsday is coming.
              (Close captioned said Brainiac: "Kal-El will die... alone").
              Last edited by tibbit78; 12-03-2008, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I didn't hear that on the show itself but it definitely is great line from Brainiac..

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
                  I didn't hear that on the show itself but it definitely is great line from Brainiac..

That line from Brainiac was from my close-captioned remote control.

Comment

Chloe (after losing the memory about Clark's powers): Braniac! People used to call me that when I was a kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan1
                      Clark to Chloe "The best way I know to protect you, is to let you go"
                      That was an awesome line!

Comment

Young Chloe- "Sweet set up Clark" haha i loved that and knew it was going to be the memory when she kissed him.

Comment

Clark:Thank you...Father

Jor-El:My son...my son?

Braniac:Your son is destined to fail. Soon a new age will dawn on Earth. An age of power and strength, and the fall of the House of El... Doomsday is coming.

That was the best one! lol

Comment

This epi had some really good quotes but I liked this the best:

Brainiac: Your son is destined to fail. Soon a new age will dawn on Earth. An age of power and strength...and the fall of ...House of El.....Doomsday is coming.

LOVED the tone!!

Comment

Brainiac: "Doomsday is Coming..."

Comment

Jimmy: "She got hit with a major bridal wave."

Chloe: "It's like a bunch of random Facebook profiles."

Young Chloe: "Something tells me I won't find much of the weird or unexplained here in Norman Rockwell's neighborhood."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎