X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats okay numbers...
    I'm expecting big numbers for "Bride!"

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick

Why would Smallville drop so much? I am assuming people wanted to see the return of Kara, or perhaps Clois/Lois is a big draw this season?

Lois was shown in the promo even though she wasn't in the episode,(not everyone reads spoilers) So those die-hard Lois fans would tune in after seeing her in the promo.

The problem was the promo was just bad and not interesting enough to attract viewers too much Chimmy, not enough Clark.

Comment

I don't know if site traffic is any indicator, but there were a lot more hits to the site than usual after the episode last night and that's continuing to be big today.

The buzz is growing and "Bride" should be HUGE. If only The CW promoted it. It wouldn't hurt if everyone who is happy with the show at this time told their friends to be sure to watch next week.

I do think last week the return of Laura Vandervoort helped ratings a bit. On that same note, I think the return of Kristin Kreuk will also bring some people back to the show. Whether you like Lana or not, she does have a big following, and even those who may not have been the hugest Lana fans might be curious to see how they pull it off.

Now if only they'd bring back Rosenbaum and we'd be in business...

Comment

im wondering how much the football game effected the ratings but ya next weeks episode should be huge.

Comment

That number isn't good at all. I won't be surprised if the final number is below four million.

That's what the CW gets when they do a lousy job wrt promotion.

Comment

I think next week's episosde will be huge. If the NFL doesn't preempt SV in some major market again, we'll be up near 5 million IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                I don't know if site traffic is any indicator, but there were a lot more hits to the site than usual after the episode last night and that's continuing to be big today.

The buzz is growing and "Bride" should be HUGE. If only The CW promoted it. It wouldn't hurt if everyone who is happy with the show at this time told their friends to be sure to watch next week.

I do think last week the return of Laura Vandervoort helped ratings a bit. On that same note, I think the return of Kristin Kreuk will also bring some people back to the show. Whether you like Lana or not, she does have a big following, and even those who may not have been the hugest Lana fans might be curious to see how they pull it off.

Now if only they'd bring back Rosenbaum and we'd be in business...
                Yeah I have been getting alot of errors

Comment

Me too

Comment

final ratings for abyss

Smallville
                    - 3.556 million viewers
                    - 2.1/3 HH
                    - 1.4/4 A18-49
                    - 1.4/4 A18-34

ouch! the cw sucks smallville was on such a go0d run i bet the cw woulda shown gossip girl instead of fo0tball if it was on thursday

Comment

LMAO, I have hit the refresh button more then I ever have in the history of my computer usage.

WOW, it went under 4 million?? We lost over a million viewers from last week? Holy cow!

Is the New York area a big part of the viewership of Smallville?

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
                        Just so I understand this all: The overnights are the ratings for whoever was watching the CW and then they will filter out the markets that were watching football on the CW instead of Smallville on the CW? And then do they add back in the numbers for the Saturday night 6pm airing of Smallville in those markets?
                        That's correct. Except they didn't re-add Saturday night numbers last week for "Bloodline" (not sure if it ever ended up airing in the Denver area) so they won't do that here either.

OUCH. I hope "Bride" doesn't take a hit because of this. Kristin's return will help numbers wise and the trailer & cliffhanger combo will hopefully get things back on track. Prior to this week I thought "Bride" could hit 5 million, but "Abyss" was a horrible misfire so now I really doubt it. No coincidence that another trailer with nothing to do basically with the main character (ala Toxic) ended up with the worst ratings. TPTB, we get that you love Chloe and really that's cool and all, but no more Chloe-centric episodes. As you can see? General audience? Not interested.
                        Last edited by Seeya'round Smallville; 11-14-2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I know when Clark hasn't appeared in the trailers the numbers have gone this season. That is amazing how low the ratings have dropped though. It went from 4.46 million to 3.55?

Thursday Night football had a big impact on Smallville last night. It was a big game to decide to took control of the AFC EAST and it went down to the wire. It was a great game but I stopped watching it once Smallville started.

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZySuPeRmAn89
                            final ratings for abyss

Smallville
                            - 3.556 million viewers
                            - 2.1/3 HH
                            - 1.4/4 A18-49
                            - 1.4/4 A18-34

ouch! the cw sucks smallville was on such a go0d run i bet the cw woulda shown gossip girl instead of fo0tball if it was on thursday
                            Where do you get the numbers for the final ratings from?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                              LMAO, I have hit the refresh button more then I ever have in the history of my computer usage.

WOW, it went under 4 million?? We lost over a million viewers from last week? Holy cow!

Is the New York area a big part of the viewership of Smallville?
                              I believe it is. I didn't mean to sound like I was hating on the East coast earlier, just frustrated because we in the Midwest are usually ignored or discounted by both coasts. But we are the home of Clark Kent, superhero to all.

Not really surprised that the numbers are below 4 million, I was expecting it. Football, lots of people on the East coast who weren't able to see it, little or no advertising, what there was didn't show Clark, and no Lois. Not a recipe for win or big number results. ANTM is sure to beat out Smallville this week. But for Bride, it might be a battle royale.

Comment

Notice the big jump in ratings from last week for "Kitchen Nightmares." Where I live (Kansas), this show aired on the channel and time that Smallville usually airs. I even accidentally DVR'ed it. The other channel that usually airs Smallville had the football game on. So I had to resort to alternative method's for seeing last nights episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎