This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skully
    Damn football, damn it all to hell.
    Lord forgive him, for he does not mean what he says.

I got your back, Skully. Whew. Close call there. Wouldn't want any lightning to hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen One
      Lord forgive him, for he does not mean what he says.

I got your back, Skully. Whew. Close call there. Wouldn't want any lightning to hit you.

And OMG, Cedric, I miss the anteater, but your new avi makes up for the loss.

Football, and no Lois. Smallville will be lucky if it stays above 4 mil this week.

But how much am I loving that Smallville and Supernatural are above everything else on the CW's playlist. Am ignoring ANTM, because it's not that surprising that top model wannabes would best two brothers, even such hot ones as Sam and Dean. But despite the fact that Smallville is eight seasons in, Clark Kent is still head and shoulders above the so called super models. Not so super after all, are we ladies? Mwah hah, hah.

Comment

Well, Jacksonville, Florida, is in da house!! We are the number one CW market as far as ratings go. A fraction of the population of NY Tri-state and Boston, though.

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
          Well, Jacksonville, Florida, is in da house!! We are the number one CW market as far as ratings go. A fraction of the population of NY Tri-state and Boston, though.
          Can't discount the Midwest or the East coast either. Despite the East coast's usual snobbery/disregard towards the rest of U.S. Americans.

Comment

hey, I'm east coast! What's with the East Coast hating?

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
              Can't discount the Midwest or the East coast either. Despite the East coast's usual snobbery/disregard towards the rest of U.S. Americans.
              I'm an NYC-elitist-snob transplant to the south, by the way!

Comment

I wish I could have watched it. I HATE FOOTBALL. The only football I like to watch is Clark throwing one around in his jersey. Hope the ratings at least make it near 4 million.

Comment

Second in the 8 p.m. hour was ABC’s Ugly Betty (6.4/10), followed by NBC’s lackluster My Name is Earl (4.3/ 7) and the awful Kath & Kim (3.4/ 5), Fox’s uneventful Kitchen Nightmares (3.4/ 5), and the CW’s fading Smallville (2.8/ 4). Someone should tell Molly Shannon that Kath & Kim is an ongoing half-hour sitcom, not a sketch on Saturday Night Live.

Comment

i could see it breaking the 5 million mark overnight but final numbers near 4.50 million viewers
                    That could be very likely. The football game in the biggest market NYC could shoot the ratings over 5 million because of the game and then later when they deduct the game it could still be around 4.5 million. The good news for Smallville is a lot of people only look at the first numbers and will think the show is doing even better than it is. The false higher numbers should get it a good mention along with Supernatural which will also benefit from initial false high numbers. Even with the deduction for the football game it should do well. It's been going up this year with almost every episode.

I'm editing this to add why do they keep calling it "fading" when it's ticking upward this year? That's kind of insulting for a show that has been doing well. Of course he seemed to have something negative to say for everything "lackluster" Earl, "awful" Kath & Kim and "uneventful" Kitchen Nightmares.
                    Last edited by batfinx; 11-14-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Talk about wrongful bashing here? I'm from Boston and still live in the area, and it's not right to stereotype people based on where they live.

Anyhow, on to more important things! Smallville is on channel 8, and the Patriots played on channel 5 last night, so the ratings should not be effected here like they were in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by buffywill07
                        Second in the 8 p.m. hour was ABC’s Ugly Betty (6.4/10), followed by NBC’s lackluster My Name is Earl (4.3/ 7) and the awful Kath & Kim (3.4/ 5), Fox’s uneventful Kitchen Nightmares (3.4/ 5), and the CW’s fading Smallville (2.8/ 4). Someone should tell Molly Shannon that Kath & Kim is an ongoing half-hour sitcom, not a sketch on Saturday Night Live.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...11/m/217106371
                        Someone please translate? How does this translate in millions?

Comment

CW’s fading Smallville (Viewers: #5, 4.38 million; A18-49: #5, 1.7/ 4).

4 million ain't bad but i was hoping for 5 million and doing better with 18-49....

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues

4 million ain't bad but i was hoping for 5 million and doing better with 18-49....
                            Well, there were large areas that couldn't view the episode. So it would bound to be hurt a bit by it. I'm just glad that it didn't drop below 4.......

Comment

maybe bride will get it up again..

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues

Comparing to other eppies....

Final Ratings

#1 Odyssey ~ *4.34 mil & Live+7= 4.80 mil.

#2 Plastique ~ *4.18 mil. & Live+7= 4.78 mil.

#3 Toxic ~ *4.05 mil. & Live+7= 4.61 mil.

#4 Instinct ~ *4.12 mil. & Live+7= 4.71 mil.

#5 Committed ~ *4.18 mil. & Live+7= 4.73 mil.

#6 Prey ~ *4.15 mil. & Live+7= 4.75 mil.

#7 Identity ~ *4.32 mil.

#8 Bloodline" ~ *4.46 mil.

Based on the overnights, maybe Abyss will equal the performance of Instinct or Toxic in the final ratings? What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎