No announcement yet.

Brainac's Reason for going back to Krypton in S7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainac's Reason for going back to Krypton in S7

I was thinking about this. We originally thought Braniacs reason for going back to Kryton with Kara was to kill Clarke, maybe his real plan was to to plant the Doomsday genetic matter on Clarke's ship.

That could certainly make sense, and getting Kara into the Phantom Zone so Faora can get out. It would certainly answer some questions about why BrainIAC let Kara kill him and come back as her instead of killing her right there.

Comment

I already assumed that when Linolel said that something bad was coming and then Kara and Fine went back in time.

Comment

wow..
        thats a good idea..!
        i like it

maybe youre right

Comment

good idea. i like it toooo

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Man
            I already assumed that when Linolel said that something bad was coming and then Kara and Fine went back in time.
            Me, too. Lionel pleading with Clark and Chloe about "What is coming is so terrible!" just didn't pan out in the scene with Lex and Clark in Arctic, or with Jor-el taking Clark's powers in Odyssey.

It makes more sense that Lionel, as the oracle of Jor-el, was referring to Doomsday.

Comment

i thought that was just to be assumed.

Comment

I always hated the whole traveling back through time thing. Planting Doomsday on Clark's ship actually redeems it a bit for me.

Comment

Originally posted by migo
                  That could certainly make sense, and getting Kara into the Phantom Zone so Faora can get out. It would certainly answer some questions about why BrainIAC let Kara kill him and come back as her instead of killing her right there.
                  he never let her kill him, he just faked it, wasent he pretending to be kara? :S

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
                    Me, too. Lionel pleading with Clark and Chloe about "What is coming is so terrible!" just didn't pan out in the scene with Lex and Clark in Arctic, or with Jor-el taking Clark's powers in Odyssey.

It makes more sense that Lionel, as the oracle of Jor-el, was referring to Doomsday.
                    This theory would definitely make those scenes work now. I agree the whole "what is coming is so terrible" just did not make sense whenever it was mentioned last season as Clark/Kal-El obviously could not be the terrible thing. Would this require a retcon, though? I don't think Doomsday was in the works at this point last season or was he?

Comment

WOW, that is an excellent theory.

To ad on to your idea, maybe when Braniac did go back in time, he planted Doomsday's genetic matter and wanted to kill Clark at the same time, just so there would be NO ONE who could possibly stop doomsday in the future.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by JDS2930
                      This theory would definitely make those scenes work now. I agree the whole "what is coming is so terrible" just did not make sense whenever it was mentioned last season as Clark/Kal-El obviously could not be the terrible thing. Would this require a retcon, though? I don't think Doomsday was in the works at this point last season or was he?
                      Doomsday probably was becuase they knew that A LOT of people were leaving so they probably already planned Doomsday, to fill the void.
                      Last edited by bizzaro93; 11-12-2008, 12:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How I see it:

I just assume Zod and Faora planted the material on Clark's ship (as Faora said they did), but because they got too far into enemy lines as Jor-El's home, were caught immediately afterward similarly as Zod, Non, and Ursa had been in Lester's Superman II. Faora was sent straight to the Phantom Zone with Raya while Jor-El warned Zor-El via Kryptonian phone that Zod was being imprisoned. However, Zor-El would use the assistance of the past-Brainiac to help in his insane plan to foil Krypton's core, shifting its gravity towards Rao.

I view Brainiac as going back to Krypton because his plan was to genuinely kill Clark so that Zod could be released, using Kara and her bracelet to open the time portal, but as a side-consequence in having to put up with her trying to foil his quest. So while she's following him around on Krypton and sending messages to Clark in the future, he kills Jor-El and Lara just as Kal-El's ship closes and is ready to launch off, then takes control of the ship and flies it into a Kryptonian home as the planet starts crumbling due to Zor-El. Kara at last catches up with him as he's about to make a killing blow, he fends her off and as he's about to kill both infant Kal-El and Mirai Kara, Clark arrives from the future to save Kara and himself.

When Clark goes to put himself in his ship, Brainiac OFFSCREEN uses his needlistic finger to inject into Kara's head, hence planting a copy of himself within her cerebral cortex without her knowledge. This is why he smiles and laughs so maniacally while she just seems confused while making the "killing" blow. Kal-El is then launched off Krypton, the future Els go back home, then Krypton kabooms with Rao in a fantastic display as Clark and Kara's ships go off with meteors to Earth. Back on Earth, despite Kara being interested in saving her people, she's convinced by Clark it wouldn't be right and is resolved with him to let things stay as they are.

Later that night, while getting a glass of milk, Kara is overwhelmed by pain and falls to the kitchen floor of the Kent house. With Clark out with Lois having a couple drinks, he has no idea what's going on. After the events of the episode "Apocalypse" end, Brainiac offscreen emerges out of Kara in his ooze form, probably exiting from the orifices of her ears, eyes, and nose. In shock and pain while on the floor, Kara is caught off guard as Brainiac uses her crystal to send her (with it) to the Phantom Zone right there in the Kent house, cleaning up any damage that was done due to his return to throw suspicion off. What follows is him investigating offscreen disguised as Kara the events with Veritas and how there's a way to control Clark, his objective to destroy Kal-El (and hence revive Zod) now being wiped out due to the damage he took on Krypton, he aims to control him.

Upon learning Kara has really been Brainiac, Clark tracks him down after what he does to Chloe and mistakes that Kara merely never returned to Krypton, which Brainiac humorously goes along with to goad and taunt Clark. He figures after what happened with Chloe, there may still be a remaining copy of him within her due to that insane experience, so he has no choice (being severly damaged and all) but to let Clark do what he has to do. He tries one last time to survive by exploiting Clark's wish of humanity to never kill another person, only to get retorted that he's a machine. Clark makes the killing blow while off in space, Kara's Zone window floats further and further away from Earth, her having held on to that transitional prison as long as possible before eventually succumbing to the path into the deserty world. She spends, far more than the day Clark was there, months in the Zone fending off criminals, psychos, and monsters for survival, leading up to "Bloodline".
                        Last edited by SSJConan; 11-12-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick

And I assumed that what the "Bad Thing" was was a villain and a very powerful too so it had to be DD.

Comment

I wish the writers would make this theory canon. It would explain a lot.

Comment

I think Brainiac had that plan after his original plan of killing Clark didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎