No announcement yet.

Original Series Oopsies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Series Oopsies

I'm currently trying to watch the original series in order, and obviously I'm way behind where most of the people in this message board have been. It's so cool to be discovering these characters. I figured I'd start a thread for the "Oopsies" - the things that just weren't good planning, or flat out mistakes. You know, stuff like "Dr. Julius Hoffman, he's the best in his field." That sort of thing.

The one I just noticed involved Seaview Terrace (the one on the show). Vicki sees this house, and wants to take Burke and Barnabas to see it. There's a No Tresspassing sign, and Barnabas uses that as his excuse not to go during the day.

About five episodes later we learn Liz owns the property. If they had known Liz owned it all along, couldn't they have just gotten the key from her? It perplexes.. .but still, a lot of fun and QUITE addictive

-- Craig

Glad you're enjoying it--and what a GREAT idea for a thread! You keep us going chronologically and we'll pop in with sweet memories of foolish moments.

Comment

Have you noticed yet how the era in which Josette lived changed, going back about thirty years?

And in 1795 how the French accents were there one day, then gone the next?

Comment

What about FLora Collins starting off with that mousey voice in 1840, only to revert to her standard Liz voice a several weeks later.

Comment

or how about sara collins being "almost ten" when her ghost first appears in 1967 but dying on her eleventh birthday during the 1795 story.

Comment

or Roxanne being made a vampire by Barnabas in 1840, even though he was chained in his coffin originally and couldn't have done so....yet she existed as a vampire in 1970 before he went back in time....

Comment

or laura collins.....the pheonix is reborn in 100 year cycles.when victoria is searching for clues to the mystery surrounding laura,she discovers laura's ancestors died 100 years apart,starting with l.murdoch stockbridge in 1767.but the reborn laura collins returns to collinsport to claim david in late 1966,only 99 years later than the death of her previous incarnation.later,the character appears even more inexplicably in 1897.

Comment

There's also the odd way the whole story about Barnabas and Josette happened in 1795, but by the time you get to 1970 everyone is referring to those events taking place in 1797!

Comment

After I found out that the music box wasn't invented until 1815 or so it was pretty funny that Barnabas was able to give such an elaborate one to Josette in 1795.

Tori

Comment

i always thought it was weird that there was a 35 year age difference between barnabas and sarah.and since joan bennett was in her fifties that would meen naomi had barnabas when she was barely in her teens and sarah when she was past her child-bearing years(or very close to it).

Comment

You'll find a discussion of the Barnabas/Sarah age range on the "Sarah" thread if you're interested.

Comment

Heres a few more

How about one of the bigger ones, namely killing Edith off after establishing her in 1897 *shakes head* They must have covered it up like Joshua did with Milicent and Barnabas.

Another thing that bothered me with that timeline was that Angelique first removed his vampire curse and then Barn procedded to leave 1840 WITH the 1840 Barnabas body. So either way Barnabas is no longer IN the coffin in 1897 or 1967. So there is no one to call Magda or Willie to come and open the coffin! They really killed the continuty with that storyline.

Comment

ORGOCH: Aw, heck! They went and killed continance all OVER the place, if'n ya asks ME! Some a them dang writers just HAD ta been constipated er somethin'!

Comment

i thought this was weird.collinwood is full of portraits of collins ancestors.the family history is also full of portraits.victoria is obsessed with the family history,so why did she never notice how closely the present day family resemble their ancestors?and she has the book in her posession when she travels to 1795,so why is she so stunned to see that the family resembles her friends in the present?there must have been portraits of joshua,naomi and maybe even millicent at collinwood.

Comment

Maybe all of the other portraits were so bad you couldn't tell they looked like anyone.

Tori

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎