The Sarah Jane Adventures

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of classic who easter eggs and the ending was a tear jerker. The doctor didn't actually DO much though.

Comment

Yeah, I think Sarah's "No one will ever forget you." was more directed at Tennant than the Doctor, if that makes sense.

I've also only started watching in anticipation of the Doctor's two parter, but I'm definitely staying for the rest of the series. Kids shows are so crap these days, but this one actually has some good stories without talking down to kids or trying too hard to be 'hip'. I also think the Trickster is a great character, wouldn't mind seeing him in actual Who, and seeing the chaos he could cause outside the restrictions of a 'children's show'.

Also, it was great to see The Sarah Jane Adventures as the most popular show on iPlayer. A CBBC show!
      Last edited by quinny06; 10-30-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Todays episode was genuinly creepy. Callum "Kneel Before Zod" Blue had a total screen time of 1 minute. Hopefully he'll appear more in part 2.

Comment

Missed SJA tonight due to Bonfire Night festivities, caught it on iPlayer though. Anyone else feel the Magician reminded them of Borusa from OldWho?

Originally posted by Charles Griffyn
          Todays episode was genuinly creepy. Callum "Kneel Before Zod" Blue had a total screen time of 1 minute. Hopefully he'll appear more in part 2.
          I wouldn't even say it was a minute, more like 30 seconds.

Comment

I had no idea Callum Blue was going to be on! What did he play? That's very, very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
              I had no idea Callum Blue was going to be on! What did he play? That's very, very cool.
              Haven't seen the second episode yet, but Callum played the ghost of Lord Marchwood in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by quinny06
                Haven't seen the second episode yet, but Callum played the ghost of Lord Marchwood in the first.
                He played the same role in part 2, he got loads more to do in it. He was very good, and not at all like he is playing Zod. Clearly a very versitile actor.
                Last edited by Charles Griffyn; 11-09-2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

So I know it's a few weeks behind, but I just watched a nice TV episode about a Trickster and angels.

No, not Supernatural - it was The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith Part II. And I really liked it a lot... probably one of the better episodes of the show I've seen.

Comment

The Sarah Jane Adventures has just been renewed for a fourth and a fifth series!

The BBC must really like/believe in the show to renew it for two series.

Comment

I hope to see the New Doctor in it.

Comment

I have only seen season one and two and, I've preordered season three. I was so happy when I learned they have commissioned two further seasons because it really is a great show.
                        Any you guys know if it's true that K-9 is going to have a bigger role in the future shows? I sure hope so, I think he is just brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Rickman
                          Any you guys know if it's true that K-9 is going to have a bigger role in the future shows? I sure hope so, I think he is just brilliant
                          I wouldn't get your hopes up. K9 has got his own spin-off happening down under in Australia. I don't know how that would effect him appearing in Sarah Jane, but he can't really be in two shows at once can he?

Comment

Ooh I didnt know K9 has his own spin-off, that is so cool. Do you know what the show is called? Maybe it will be available on DVD. I love K9

Comment

Its simply called "K9"... or it might be "K-9". One of those two, anyway.

I think the first episode was shown a few weeks ago, but I think that was just a pilot; the first full series hasn't started yet, as far as I know.

Comment

Don't know if anyone's been watching Series 4 of SJA, but here's the trailer for next week's episode, featuring not only Matt Smith's Doctor, but the return of Jo Grant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4jQZaN7LVs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎