X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuation or Re-imagine ????

In the Pilot he was Michael Knights Son
    Now Kitt is a freakin WALL E look a like WTF

I just want to know what is going on
    The Made Starbuck a Woman Please Please Please stick to the 82 series or you will annoy fans

And Trust me there are a Lot of HOFF fans and Knight Rider fans out there !!!!

I do love the show but i am a little worried

KARR(E) is right now almost a Wall-E look alike. I really do hope what was said in that episode will get cleared up later.

It's supposed to be a continuation and there have been a few references to the past but I do agree that in some parts with how things have been written and apparent attempts at rewriting history that it seems more like a "re imagining" than a continuation picking up 22 years after the original series ended with Michael Knight's son. He is still Michael Knight's son at least...

I'll just say that episodes 12 and/or 13 are going to be very important in showing up exactly where things are heading. Hopefully the ratings recover next week because they were quite terrible in a season where ratings are already in the toilet on most networks compared to last year.

Comment

Is the Knight Rider headquarters the Foundation For Law And Government we heard about?

Comment

Foundation of Law And Government, not For. But no, it hasn't had a single mention in this new series. Charles said in the backdoor pilot (which can really only be taken loosely) that he was "resurrecting the Foundation" but they didn't say whether that was FLAG or the Knight Foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
          Foundation of Law And Government, not For. But no, it hasn't had a single mention in this new series. Charles said in the backdoor pilot (which can really only be taken loosely) that he was "resurrecting the Foundation" but they didn't say whether that was FLAG or the Knight Foundation.
          Thanks. But that kinda bugs me. That and that complex full of people they are housed in seems overkill. Seems like the establishment behind Jake 2.0 and the Bionic Woman is running behind the scenes. This isn't the modern day "Lone Ranger" Knight rider was meant to be.
          Last edited by Radioflyer; 11-30-2008, 06:39 AM.

Comment

I agree and how classified can a location be with over 1,700 people in it? Not to mention bad guys who get taken there without any sort of precautions.

Comment

Isn't there supposed to be a major cast shakeup soon? it may be that the Knight organisation is uncovered and forced to shut down, leaving us with a much reduced team with a different focus - perhaps working out of a truck or plane?

Comment

Foundation of Law And Government, not For.
                sorry but it's Foundation For Law and Government

http://www.knightrider.nl/index.php/the-show/the-foundation

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/Foundation+for+Law+and+Government+(Knight+Rider)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_Rider#Plot

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/poitier/1005/id114.htm

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/n/niteride.htm
                Last edited by jym-el; 12-02-2008, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Ugh, **** you're right... It is for.

Now excuse me, I need to go get that MRI I've been putting off and make sure I have a brain left..
                  Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I wish they had resurected the Foundation instead of this assisted FBI crap. I loved the lone ranger aspect of the original and it is sooo totally lacking now. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Hopefully this is going to be fixed, and hopefully it's given enough time after it's fixed to recover some of the lost viewers. I want to see this show succeed, the bones of the show are good, Mike/Kitt so I beleive that it can be really good if given the chance by the network.

P.S. IMO the transforming into 4X4's and other vehicles has got to go, attack mode can stay and lets start seeing more turbo boost.

Comment

Well, if you want a good example of how it's going back to that, Justin Bruening apparently hasn't seen his remaining cast mates since episode 12 and they're filming 17 now. I agree, there was a Lone Ranger aspect to the original series, IIRC that was one of Glen Larson's influences. I could live with the pick up they used in Knight of the Hunter, as long as they stop using the transformations to advertise the rest of Ford's product line.

Comment

I agree and how classified can a location be with over 1,700 people in it? Not to mention bad guys who get taken there without any sort of precautions.
                        Ditto. It looks like they probably recieve a lot of pizza deliveries at that complex. This is "suspension of disbelief" taken to higher levels.

----- Added 57 Seconds later -----

Ditto. Not that it's a big deal.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by slayfan
                        I wish they had resurected the Foundation instead of this assisted FBI crap. I loved the lone ranger aspect of the original and it is sooo totally lacking now. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Hopefully this is going to be fixed, and hopefully it's given enough time after it's fixed to recover some of the lost viewers. I want to see this show succeed, the bones of the show are good, Mike/Kitt so I beleive that it can be really good if given the chance by the network.

P.S. IMO the transforming into 4X4's and other vehicles has got to go, attack mode can stay and lets start seeing more turbo boost.
                        I wouldn't have much of a problem with it if they called it something else besides "Knight Rider" but if you abandon the cheif elements (with the exception of the actors) that made the original Knight Rider tick don't call it Knight Rider, call it something else. This is more like a combination of the defuct "Bionic Woman" and the TV series "Viper".
                        Last edited by Radioflyer; 01-03-2009, 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

FLAG is back!! it is a continuation as seen by the founding date of FLAG here: http://www.knightindustriesresearch.com/

backstory of mike and KARR : http://www.knightindustriesresearch....020841c7a8e1db
                          Last edited by Var-Zol; 02-25-2009, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adrianrowe1973
                            In the Pilot he was Michael Knights Son
                            Now Kitt is a freakin WALL E look a like WTF

I just want to know what is going on
                            The Made Starbuck a Woman Please Please Please stick to the 82 series or you will annoy fans

And Trust me there are a Lot of HOFF fans and Knight Rider fans out there !!!!

I do love the show but i am a little worried
                            for what it's worth, the Reimagining of BSG has far more fans and audience than the original BSG. Female Starbuck didn't take away one bit of coolness of the male Starbuck. I don't think they need to appeal to the old fans by recreating the old show. If they feel like they need to do that, they might as well not do the show.

A new show should take the concept and essence of the story and create new and exciting stuff. If they just want to please old fans, at most they will get the hardcore fans, which makes up very little of the total viewership back in those days. Because most of the original fans probably watched BSG or Knight Rider because it was new and cool. But it's been done, it is no longer new and cool, not without new creative thinking anyway. You can't just used a new car model and do the old show and expect it to be successful.

If anyone thinks new show needs to have the Hoff to succeed, well it's not going to succeed anyway.

Comment

I don't think it necessarily needs Hasselhoff, but I do want to see him in the show again at least once along with the original KITT. I know it may not be possible,(for KITT anyway) and I won't stop watching if they say they never will. At the same time if it did happen and was done well I'd be extremely happy. I will say that for me though, connections to an original can help a show that may not be great be a little better. Especially when you have previous actors in it. It makes it almost like those actors or characters are giving their blessing to the new crew.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎