Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you satisfied with this an ending for Kara’s story?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is okay to me because it isn't the Kara show and as susangail says "It leaves the door open a crack to future adventures" but not in SV. SV IS for Clark and I like it so much !

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      You forgot Aethyr & Nam-Ek.

It must be in space since that's where she flew to. I doubt it will be mentioned again this season.
      Ah yeah...I didn't forget them, but I was just trying to juggle all eleven Kryptonians in my mind while I was listing them and they just kind of dropped out of my mind there.

But yeah...I admit, having a Kryptonian on Clark's side whose flying abilities put Clark to shame kind of detracts from the rapidly-approaching-Superman angle Season 8 seems to be taking. I just wish they'd elaborated on Kandor a bit before she left.

Comment

i didn´t like her final appereance and i was waiting for more than Kandor as excuse to leave. she deserved at least one more episode to wrap up her storyline

Comment

Great post JDS2930. Aligning Kara with the Justice League would have been a nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            I was hoping that she would go live with the Danvers to start a life & journey of her own.
            Great idea. If the writers were smart they'd show the Danvers' finding Kara suffering in some way from Kryptonite and rescue her. It'd be a great way for Kara to find her new family.

----- Added 18 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ElVibo
            She said it herself. "You have your destiny, I have mine". .
            I'm sorry but I just can't agree with this. Part of the goodbye speech also included Kara saying only Clark qulaified to be an Earth hero because he was raised there. So she's disqualified because she's an immigrant raised in another culture? What kind of crap is that? It's like saying that America shouldn't have accepted talented immigrants from Alexander Hamilton to Albert Einstein.

An irony is that Smallville has Canadian native Laura Vandervoort make this silly statement. This might be over the head of the genius Smallville writers but another Canadian, Mary Pickford became Hollywood's first female superstar. I wouldn't say that Laura Vandervoort is that good, just better than her critics and the Smallville writers give her credit for. It's too bad she received such shabby treatment, the writers didn't make the most of her character and there's no sign we'll see Laura/Kara again.
            Last edited by haltoe; 11-13-2008, 05:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I am happy ,or let's just say, I am satisfied with the ending of Kara's story here. I am happy that she is out of the Phantom Zone and that she is safe and sound but given that I am happy that she is leaving too. Face it, Kara took away too much from Clark when she was around. She could fly where Clark couldn't. She seems ,if anything, more assertive than Clark does especially when the two are together. And finally she seems to be the one who saves the day, just like she did in the latest episode "Bloodline". I had hoped that this wouldn't happen that Kara would end up upstaging Clark but that is what happened anyway. Believe me LV was a fine version of Kara, but for the sake of the show's main character, Clark Kent, I am more than happy that she is leaving for parts unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.White
                I am happy ,or let's just say, I am satisfied with the ending of Kara's story here. I am happy that she is out of the Phantom Zone and that she is safe and sound but given that I am happy that she is leaving too. Face it, Kara took away too much from Clark when she was around. She could fly where Clark couldn't. She seems ,if anything, more assertive than Clark does especially when the two are together. And finally she seems to be the one who saves the day, just like she did in the latest episode "Bloodline". I had hoped that this wouldn't happen that Kara would end up upstaging Clark but that is what happened anyway. Believe me LV was a fine version of Kara, but for the sake of the show's main character, Clark Kent, I am more than happy that she is leaving for parts unknown.
                I'm sorry but I disagree that Kara's presence had to take away from Clark and upstage him. I've liked both characters and there was no need for a conflict. As I've said elsewhere the thing to do is what's been done in other series like this, establish a lead hero (Clark) and a sidekick secondary hero (Kara). That's been done ever since the Lone Ranger and Green Hornet radio shows in the 1930s through Batman and Robin and up to the recent Hercules and Zena programs. Why the Smallville writers didn't repeat this is beyond me. Instead their plots for Kara were quite erratic as she more often than not was a helpless victim or missing.

So now after this mishandling she was written out of the show and there's no sign that there will be a spinoff. It's an appalling waste.

Comment

yes i do believe so it could have been a lot worse
                  for example: look at the ending they had they lana and clarks relationship:
                  a good bye video
                  puhleez

Comment

Originally posted by ForzaItalia
                    Kara was always a teen when she first became Supergirl.
                    when she first became supergirl yes, she was 15 but she didn't stay that way and was still supergirl into her 20s so it wouldn't be any different if Smallville's Kara became supergirl a bit later too.

Comment

I'm happy that Kandor might be alive and that the House of El's bloodline won't die out and there more kryptonians!

Comment

I'm not happy with the ending. I thought this episode lacked a lot of things, a lot of explanations; Clark hadn't seen Kara in a lot and he doesn't show any emotion or even explains.

Anyways, I wanna see Kara on season 9 or, better yet, in her own spinoff show.

About the age thing, I'm sure Smallville producers will just ignore the fact that there's supposed to be an age difference between her and Clark so he becomes SuperMAN and she becomes SuperGIRL. I'm kinda ok with it I guess. They missed a big opportunity in Legion to fix this but they didn't, oh well.

Another possiblity would be for her to go to a planet were the timeline is different from Earth's and she doesn't age.

Comment

^^^^
                          They did show emotion to each other when they hugged each other at the end of the show. There was concern for each other , at least, on Clark's part when he said he did not want to leave the Phantom Zone without Kara. He was willing to stay with her in the PZ if Kara insisted she wouldn't leave.

But as I said before ,I am glad she is out of the PZ. I, too, would have liked to seen more of LV on Smallville. But the show should focus more on its' main character first and foremost, Clark Kent.

Comment

I hated to see Clark rescue is only living family from the PZ, just to see her fly off and leave him on an impossible mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
                              stop teasing! could you imagine the possibilites
                              That's all we need, Lobo "after" Supergirl. Fans should remember the history of the character in deciding spin-offs, or whatever for her. The last Supergirl movie was a flop. Many believe that a "pissed-off" DC killed her off in Crises because of this. (I know they were eliminating all Kryptonians so Kal would be the sole survivor, I read that too) It was a very emotional scene that also made for an excellent poster with Superman holding her lifeless body in his hands as all of the DC heroes looked on. Oh, the writers had her leave Earth as they were taking the story in a different direction and had gotten all of the publicity out of her they could. By having her fly off into space they leave a multitude of plot directions they can take when they decide to bring her back.

Comment

I think S8 should be dubbed the season of awful sendoffs. I think Bloodline was a poor send off for Kara. She was Clark's only bloodline alive. In the ending scene both her and Clark discussed how much they cared for each other but Kara couldn't bother to stick around for more than one day with Clark before leaving again. Clark also didn't show any initiative or care that Kara was mia prior to this episode. I wish her send off was something more concrete. Such as her staying for a few episodes and then moving to another town to start her own journey and Chloe-iac could've supplied her with an alternate identity and citizenship. That would've been a good send off IMO. I don't think I need to explain why Lana, Davis and Jimmy had awful send offs.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎