No announcement yet.

"No one's gonna mess with Lois and Clark"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginevrakent
    That's a good point. I like your alternative line. I mean the one in the episode was fun, and I can see the writers in the writers' room squeeing at the idea of inserting the line, but perhaps they could show some restraint in the future now that we all know that "no one's going to mess with Lois and Clark."
    They seem to be making a point to make that very clear this season!

Comment

Originally posted by DontCha
      LOL Ginervakent I just realized I think kalista meant Lana that entire post of mine was a misreading, I read the top part of your post and felt compelled to answer, should have read the entire thing..my bad lol..I've just confused matters a great deal on this thread LMAO

and I agree with you, it indicates that Lois is the love interest this year much like Lana was back in S4

gotta love the parallels
      Hey, no worries! I liked reading your analysis of Spell and Spirit...especially Spirit. There are some nice moments in that episode, including one of our first glimpses at a Clark Kent attracted to the very beautiful (and pink) Lois Lane. We even got an almost dance which is going to become a [SPOILER]real dance in Bride[/SPOILER]. It was also nice to have my memory refreshed of Tom Welling acting like a beauty queen for a few seconds (so funny!).

Yes, I love the parallels too. I think we're going to see more echoes of previous seasons--not to rehash stale storylines, but to juxtapose situations. In doing so, what ends up being highlighted is what makes Clois so special and so profound.
      Last edited by ginevrakent; 11-08-2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I loved it!!!So classical and really sweet

Comment

its not all anvil references, Clois has been building since late season seven as an onscreen development and in continuity...
          it's obviously a matter of opinion to people . i saw friendship before with attraction from lois's end . but she says she stillloves ollie then one or two episodes later she loves clark ?

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

In spell was chloe/Lois inhabited by an aliens wife? looking for doomsday her son, did she try and kill clark?

Nope..she was inhabited by a dead cheerleader...I cant see how its possibly alike apart from possesion which has happened COUNTLESS times on the show with other characters like Lex etc etc..

and god now that we're talking about rehashing old material...jeese couldnt chloe be her own supervillain instead of rehashing brainiac?? talk about lack of ideas..jeese. Copy cat to the extreme

and on the soulmate note:
          They are soulmates in the comics because:
          1. They are opposites
          2. Clark finds her fascinating and infuruating all at the same time, keeping him on his toes
          3. She makes him (an alien) feel human by envoking the entire spectrum of human emotions within him often within the same scene.
          4. She has very overblown human flaws, why flaws? because no TRUE human is perfect, we are human because we are imperfect and Lois is imperfect and again she brings out these imperfect human emotioms within clark, which makes him feel human.
          5. they share a deep bond of love and attraction.
          6. She being hard as nails has a very soft interior and needs someone who she can rely on to be there for her when she really needs it, who better than Superman/clark?

sound like Smallville's lois and clark?

yes on all counts.
          in the comics yes but i still don't feel it on smallville IMHO.
          to each there own .

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kalista
          IA Clark trying to appeal to Chloe's cousin through Faora. Faora telling Clark that he has feelings for the body she inhabits.

Yes, copy cat to the extreme indeed.
          exactly thats was issabelle said to clark as she kissed while he was tied to the post in spell.
          Last edited by dimeo782002; 11-08-2008, 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by dimeo782002
            it's obviously a matter of opinion to people . i saw friendship before with attraction from lois's end . but she says she stillloves ollie then one or two episodes later she loves clark ?
            You can love someone without being IN love with them..It's something ED herself addressed in one of her many interviews (please don't ask which one...I can't remember there were too many...But I'll find it if you want me too..) She still cares about Ollie, as we saw in 'Toxic' and yes, when she thought he was going to die she rethought her decision about breaking up with him, but once he was better she didn't get back with him because she knew they broke up for a reason and she was no longer in love with him...

Comment

Originally posted by Deana
              I loved the line and actually did not see it as an anvil. It was Clark reminding Lois that she was tough as nails and with him with her . . . nothing could defeat them and it worked. Who did Lois call in the previous episode for help when she was in trouble? Clark so she must feel safe with him. Lois feels safe with Clark. Clark reminded Lois that she is safe with him. Nobody messes with Lois and Clark of Smallville and prevails.

One can see it as an anvil for the future if the choose too. One can even see it as homage to the show Lois and Clark, but the phrase is also true of Smallville's Lois and Clark. They have been through some horrible stuff together and made it out of it just like they did tonight.
              IA, I don't think it was an anvil. It's what their relationship is right now (present). They *are* partners. They were going to move in together. Lois calls Clark when she's in trouble. And Clark comes to her rescue. It's Lois and Clark spending time together at the DP, Lois and Clark spending time together at the farm, Lois and Clark spending time together looking for a ring, etc... Lois and Clark. They make a great team

oh btw I liked the line "no one's gonna mess with Lois and Clark" and Tom delivered it really well
              Last edited by 4Clana; 11-09-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

i'm voting for that line for "best line" on the k-site awards! it was a great line, and a great moment, too!

~H

Comment

in the comics yes but i still don't feel it on smallville IMHO.
                  to each there own .

So, in smallville with lois and clark:

1. Lois and clark are not opposites?
                  2. She doesnt annoy him and fascinate him at the same time?
                  3. Lois has never made the emotions: like, love, hate, lust, jealousy, happiness, annoyance and anger arise in him, often at the same time?
                  4. Lois is portrayed as a saint?
                  5. the deeper bond they share was not actually mentioned in Instinct?
                  6. Lois is soft as a baby all the time and only occasionly has a hard interior?
                  Last edited by DontCha; 11-09-2008, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I think this line is a reinforcement of the 'we do make a good team'' Lois said in the elevator in 'Committed'. They are a great team and no one is going to mess with them.

Comment

What makes this powerful quote even better is their Superman theme playing in the background while Clark tells her this. Thats been their theme the whole season. Everytime I hear it the fanboy in me smiles like crazy.

Comment

So, in smallville with lois and clark:

1. Lois and clark are not opposites?
                        2. She doesnt annoy him and fascinate him at the same time?
                        3. Lois has never made the emotions: like, love, hate, lust, jealousy, happiness, annoyance and anger arise in him, often at the same time?
                        4. Lois is portrayed as a saint?
                        5. the deeper bond they share was not actually mentioned in Instinct?
                        6. Lois is soft as a baby all the time and only occasionly has a hard interior?

i just don't feel it . okay im sorry it upsets people but i cannot change how i feel. im happy for everyone that feels they are the same and feel they have that chemistry but it doesn't work for me at this point.

sorry to offend anyone but i cannot help what attracts me and what doesn't and i understand you tryiong to make your point but it's not gonna change my mind.

it's just my opinion . im not saying she is bad and im not bashing her , it'sjust my opinion and i don't feel butterfly's in my stomach with these two. sorry... wait scratch that im not apologizing for not agreeing with anyone.

i respect your passion and i respect you defending your ship but it will not chnage the fact that they don't turn me on ship wise.

as friends they are funny and cute at times but i don't feel for them as a couple. besides this is getting off subject . why must this always be a debate ? can't people like different things ??

Comment

i just don't feel it . okay im sorry it upsets people but i cannot change how i feel. im happy for everyone that feels they are the same and feel they have that chemistry but it doesn't work for me at this point.

sorry to offend anyone but i cannot help what attracts me and what doesn't and i understand you tryiong to make your point but it's not gonna change my mind.

it's just my opinion . im not saying she is bad and im not bashing her , it'sjust my opinion and i don't feel butterfly's in my stomach with these two. sorry... wait scratch that im not apologizing for not agreeing with anyone.

i respect your passion and i respect you defending your ship but it will not chnage the fact that they don't turn me on ship wise.

as friends they are funny and cute at times but i don't feel for them as a couple. besides this is getting off subject . why must this always be a debate ? can't people like different things ??
                          And that is perfectly ok for you to feel that way, and you put it very nicely

----- Added 44 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Fallen One
                          What makes this powerful quote even better is their Superman theme playing in the background while Clark tells her this. Thats been their theme the whole season. Everytime I hear it the fanboy in me smiles like crazy.
                          Tell me about it, I was practically drooling.

I love how much they're playing that theme this year.
                          Last edited by WickedJenn; 11-09-2008, 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[QUOTE=WickedJenn;4146905]And that is perfectly ok for you to feel that way, and you put it very nicely

thank you .

Comment

who is she inhabiting? LOIS no one else. Its spelled out for the audience right here, Clark Kent has current feelings for Lois Lane. not an anvil, nada.

kara again confirms later that Clark has let her close, its obvious right here that Lois is a love interest. He wants her to live with him so he can keep an eye onher, keep her safe. She saw clark as her night in shining armer in the PZ, clark likes this.
                              Wow, right on! ITA!!! CLARK HAS FEELINGS FOR LOIS, THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Now the question is.. when will he reveal his feelings for her??!?!?!?

Comment

i couldn't stop smiling because of it...classic line!

my clois heart was very ecstatic!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎