View Poll Results: How did you find Laura Vandervoort's Performance?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

70 78.65%
  • Bad

5 5.62%
  • Don't really care

14 15.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New In Town

How did you find Laura Vandervoort's Performance in 'Bloodline'?

Considering we have a thread about Lois in this episode and this is possibly Laura's final episode on the show, I figured I'd make this thread.

Basically how would you rate Laura Vandervoort's performance in what is most likely her last episode?

Less annoying than last season.

Which isn't saying much, but is probably a big step forward for her.

Banned
    It was awesome! I'd give her 10 S-bracelets out of 10

She did great

Laura V. -- Bon Voyage!

Not to be particularly harsh, but I can see why Supergirl has been written out of the series. Not only does it not make sense from a continuity standpoint -- after all, this is Clark's story as "The Last Son of Krypton" -- but Lara Vandervoort is a poor actress; many of her scenes are painful to watch. Tom Welling has incrementally improved over the run of the show, and even though he can't be considered a good actor, he's adequate. Vandervoort is much worse, and should have been relegated to cameo appearances last season instead of the full cast status that both Erica Durance and Justin Hartley enjoy.

Banned
    I think TW's more than an adequate actor. He may not be great, but you can at least say he's a 'good' actor.

She's always raising an eyebrow as she speaks, something I find very distracting.

Settling In
    I was one of the fans who did not like Laura Vandervoort’s performance last season on Smallville. I thought she came across too “Canadian” in some of her lines, and that bothered me. However, I thought she was very good last night. I’m not sure if anyone agrees, but I wouldn’t mind her returning for a guest appearance here or there later this season or even next season. I actually love the idea of her trying to find Kandor, and it is a storyline return appearance that they can use in the future.

I voted that I don't care which in reality is a lie, I just didn't want to be harsh and say 'Bad'. I don't think she's terrible but she's not a particularly great actress and I very rarely have any emotional reaction to the character. This episode was exactly the same, I didn't really care about Kara at all.

She's AWESOME!! I HAVE SO MUCH EMOTIONAL REATION TO KARA'S CHARACTER AND LAURA HERSELF~

Don't really care,but considering she was sort of pissed at being unceremoniously dumped,she put in a decent performance.Hope she can come in as a guest before the show ends

Overall i think it was okay. I voted good because for the first time i actually saw her as Kara and not as somebody trying (badly) to portray Kara.

Banned
    She has definately improved, but she has a long way to go.

i love kara and laura. i think she portrays kara really well.
    and her exit farewell was sweet and in good taste as well

Settling In
    As always Laura did a fine job and her bashers overlook the versatility she showed in her time on Smallville. They had her begin as a cocky Supergirl, become a helpless amnesiac, and after her restoration be a powerful but chastened individual. In this episode she was believable as a hard-bitten Phantom Zone survivor.

I'm sorry I don't understand what her bashers don't like particularly the one who thought she was "too Canadian".The art of acting shouldn't know national boundaries. However if Laura did sound "foreign" it's another example of where Smallville's producers missed the boat. A missed opportunity was Smallville could have shown Kara reflecting the immigrant experience, trying to understand and live in her new world.

Also if you bashers respect Smallville management for dumping Laura Vandervoort, keep in mind that she's on the cover of season 7 DVDs. Now why should a "bad actress" get such publicity?

What we need to understand is that this is an example of corporate hypocrisy. So you see you Laura bashers in acclaiming the decision to drop her, please consider the company you keep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast