Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CW Scraps Plans For "The Graysons"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's kind of ridiculous that they scrapped this because Nolan wouldn't sign off on it. Last I heard, Nolan's not even sure if he's doing a third Batman movie.

I think DC needs to realize that yes you CAN have tv and movie properties, but both need to be done well. Superman Returns probably gained viewers because of Smallville. Where it lost out was on people not wanting to do repeat viewings while in theaters because, frankly, it just wasn't all that good.

Sorry to anyone who likes SR, but I'm a huge Superman fan and I only saw it once in the theaters. I only recently purchased it too and then only because my husband liked it.

Anyways, it would be nice to see a DC-related series. I would love to see GA or Justice League, but I know those won't be allowed. I suppose Teen Titans would be a no-go because of all the sidekicks involved. Sad, because CW would probably lap up a show about teenage heroes.

Forzaitalia, I love your idea about the Martian Manhunter detective series. Now THAT would be interesting to watch!

I also wish they would give a more canon-based version of Birds of Prey a shot, but I know that won't happen. Sad day.

Comment

For replacements I'd take:

1. Green Arrow
      2. Justice League
      3. Kara
      4. John Jones working as a detective

In that order.

Comment

thank god!!!!!!!!!
        it would suck anyway

Comment

If they did make it about John Jones, they could call it "Life on Earth"

Comment

I'm thinking a "Teen Titans" series would be incredibly successful, but that would still require the use of the Dick Grayson character. I doubt they have any plans to introduce Robin into the current film franchise, so why not allow it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
              "Some believe 2006's "Superman Returns" was hurt at the box office because of the simultaneous TV show (Smallville)."
              It was.

Smallville might have issues, need better writers etc, but Michael Rosenbaum gets Lex. They spent all that time trying to cast the cape, and then Kevin Spacey did a bad Gene Hackman impression

Thing I never understood was why they did not do Smallville - the movie.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

I think they should do Wonder Woman.
              Originally posted by Batman/Superman#1
              This Nolan/Bale batman franchise is posion. As long it's still alive no other batman related projects will get made.
              The first group of people to ever get Batman, and you are complaining?

Bizarre!

Go on, tell the truth you liked Batman, and Robin?

They killed it because they have read the good stuff, and like any fans were unimpressed by this idea. They could do Wayne, all they need to find is a Bat fan to lead it. They could do Nightwing, even easier.
              Last edited by Minotaur; 11-10-2008, 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Louisvillain
                I'm thinking a "Teen Titans" series would be incredibly successful, but that would still require the use of the Dick Grayson character. I doubt they have any plans to introduce Robin into the current film franchise, so why not allow it?
                Because Robin is Batman's Sidekick. You can do the road to Nightwing, because part of it, is him moving away from Batman.

Comment

[QUOTE=Minotaur;4148726]It was.

Smallville might have issues, need better writers etc, but Michael Rosenbaum gets Lex. They spent all that time trying to cast the cape, and then Kevin Spacey did a bad Gene Hackman impression

Thing I never understood was why they did not do Smallville - the movie.

QUOTE]

That wouldve made the most sense. But since any mainstream media refuses to give smallville any props Im sure that wont happen so instead they will get big name hollywood stars to come in and ruin the characters image.

Comment

Thank goodness. I felt this one would be bad idea and I am glad WB came to their senses about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaded Wolf
                      Thank goodness. I felt this one would be bad idea and I am glad WB came to their senses about it.

Bruce Wayne is the ideal spin-off for Smallville, is the only choice

Bye

Comment

Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
                        Bruce Wayne is the ideal spin-off for Smallville, is the only choice
                        There are three choices, as I see it -
                        1) Somehow get permission to do Wayne....
                        a) Do the journey to Nightwing, by basically ignoring Batman complelely, would work.
                        b) Do the journey to Oracle - A braver choice, but raises a few more issues.

2) Do the blantantly obvous choice of Wonder Woman!

3) Do someone different, someone new, but then you have to pick someone. And they proved with Aquaman, not so good at that.

Originally posted by biggkoz
                        That wouldve made the most sense. But since any mainstream media refuses to give smallville any props Im sure that wont happen so instead they will get big name hollywood stars to come in and ruin the characters image.
                        I will never understand how these descions get made? Think about it, Marvel are doing everything to bring their films, and characters into their cannon, so DC make 'Catwoman'. The new Batman film series is doing everything possible to bring the best in comic book writing to the big screen, so lets do a series that goes against that cannon.

The big problem they seem to have is they need a fan. The only way you are going to get a Wayne driven series, is if the person in charge, having the conversation with Nolan etc, can talk cannon. I actually think the reason not to do a Wayne driven series, is the issues he would have? This is not peace, justice, and the American way, but why he is not the Punisher?

Wonder Woman is much easier, still big problems, but she is more Clark-like. If anything she is the person Clark would have been if he went to Kandor, so the other end of the scale. The big issue they would have to deal with is her attitude to different things, she is basically an ancient Greek.

Comment

I'm glad this idea got cancelled. Robin's okay, but his early days before meeting Batman is an absolutely horrid idea. I'd like to think we'll get a Supergirl or Batman spin-off show.

Comment

I'm okay with the cancelling.
                            More of a chance that Season Nine will happen.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎