No announcement yet.

The CW Scraps Plans For "The Graysons"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batman/Superman#1
    This Nolan/Bale batman franchise is posion. As long it's still alive no other batman related projects will get made.
    You did not just say that!

In my own humble opinion Nolan's Batman films are 10 times better than what the Graysons would've been like. Heck, even though the idea of having a Batman-related tv show is appealing to me, I wouldn't trade movies like Batman Begins or The Dark Knight for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
      Can't say I'm really upset that "The Graysons" isn't happening. However, it sucks that it's because the movie division is being a bully.
      I'm pretty sure the movie division wouldn't mind if the series was actually good. They didn't mind when "Batman TAS" was on the air. During the Burton and Schumacher years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom20
        I'm pretty sure the movie division wouldn't mind if the series was actually good. They didn't mind when "Batman TAS" was on the air. During the Burton and Schumacher years.
        Well even in conceptual premise, Batman:TAS was not only ahead of it's time but was truly a groundbreaking critically acclaimed animated series. The Graysons probably would have been a hit-or-miss premise considering the obvious creative difference that did not generate buzz but instead animosity towards the idea of changing the origin of main character, Robin.

Truthfully, I feel like people shot this project down before giving it a chance. Given the route that Smallville is now taking, I feel that from a comic's continuity standpoint, it had a chance to fit.
        Last edited by boywithbluehanger; 11-07-2008, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I'm very gald to see Graysons scrapped. I really didn't see what they could do with the show that wouldn't have gutted Dick Grayson's continuity far worse than Smallville has gutted Clark Kent's. And, while I treat Smallville like an "Elseworlds" story, it's still close enough in continuity to be enjoyable. The Graysons concept sounded boring.

As for a spinoff, how about looking toward this season's episode #11? Superhero groupings are pretty popular. Look at Heroes (citing season one as the example), or the Justice League episodes of Smallville. A Smallvillized Legion of Super-heroes might be just what the doctor ordered.

Oh, and Craig... on a side note... maybe you should curb your enthusiasm a little on making "sister sites" for new projects until at least after the pilot's been shot. You'd save yourself a lot of time, headaches, and heartache

Comment

There is someone listening to the viewers/fans. I said all along that this series would never see the light of day. With that said they should focus on bringing about a series that most people can be on board with; meaning either GA or JL spinoff or both (hopeful thinking).

Comment

I never liked the idea of Post Robin series and I didn't think it was a good idea although I woudn't mind seeing Dick maybe make an appearance in SV . Maybe after the "Legion " episode airs they just might make that into a seried all its own. I always thought that would be a good idea for a spin-off . A live action version of "LOSH' wouldn't be so bad.

Comment

Good ridance. I based a school paper arguing on how this was a bad idea and got an A. I'd like to think that someone had good sense instead of the movie people deciding to scrap it.

Comment

I'm sure BP and KS will come up with something else.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                    Or they'll regress to something silly like the new "Brave & The Bold" animated series looks to do.
                    Considering the success animation projects have had getting off the ground without getting mired in the movie stuff, I tend to think that the movie studio doesn't see it in quite the same way as a live-action TV show.

It makes sense -- it's very easy to regard cartoons as not having much in common with movie versions of characters because it's so easy to distinguish them visually and in tone.

I mean, no one's going to confuse The Dark Knight and The Brave and the Bold (which sounds like a ton of fun). But put, for example, two live-action Green Arrows together, and I think people tend to want to find more commonalities between them.

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                    I was hopeful. Then again, Smallville was created out of the WB movie division getting greedy and not allowing a "Young Bruce Wayne" series - so maybe this will mean they'll do something better, instead. I just don't like that the movie division has final say on everything - which means that instead of, say, a Green Arrow TV show starring Justin Hartley, we get "Green Arrow in Prison."
                    I swear, I'm the only one who thinks Super-Max sounds cool as hell.

But then, I look at the upcoming slate of superhero adaptions, and the sight of all those origin stories makes me groan. I'm excited to see something different, something that kicks into gear without three acts of "getting powers" first.

Now, if Green Arrow's project was a basic "this is how he became Green Arrow" movie, then I'd be right with you, because that *definitely* wouldn't be worth giving up a weekly dose of Justin Hartley.

I would really love to see a well-done Green Arrow show with Justin Hartley. But I don't know how well it would work on the CW, especially since he's been tied so closely to Smallville's version of a Justice League. And I wonder how interested the production company would be, as they honestly don't make much use of his character now. I don't know that they'd be my choice to do an action-oriented series like I see Green Arrow being.

Comment

Justice League, Justice League, Justice League, Justice League, Justice League, Justice League !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Comment

HALLELUJAH! The idea didn't make sense. There's nothing to happen in Dick's life before his parents die and he becomes Robin. He feeds peanuts to the circus elephants and does a few acrobat tricks. Hopefully, this will make way for a cough cough Green Arrow spin-off cough cough.

Comment

Originally posted by sailordom

I swear, I'm the only one who thinks Super-Max sounds cool as hell.
                          You are not the only one who thinks that is a good idea. Anyway, so what next> IF they insist on more DC characters they got a boat load of them already, The Legion of Superheroes, Green Arrow, Justice League, Flash, Cyborg, Angel of Vengeance heck they could even do a Suicide Squad series that will allow more chances of introducing more DC characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
                            I'm actually happy that "The Graysons" is scrapped. Now if only the CW would get on board with Craig's idea for a Green Arrow spinoff.

The most ridiculous line in the article:

"Some believe 2006's "Superman Returns" was hurt at the box office because of the simultaneous TV show (Smallville)."

That's the equivalent of saying that Terminator Salvation will do bad at the box office because of The Sarah Conner Chronicles".

I don't like DC's Embargo on certain properties. Are they really short-sighted enough to believe that having characters in multiple mediums will hurt those character's chances on the big screen?
                            Excuse me while I pick myself off from the floor!
                            Who in the world would think SV had ANYTHING to do with Superman Returns crappy script? Ummm I mean bored to death in the first 30 minutes script... Ummm.. I mean not knowing what decade everything was taking place. Etc.

I will watch anything Superman. I've even taken some very old Superman series out of my local library and enjoyed it more than that movie thing.

What Singer needed to do was actually make a movie, not some fanboy thing. That's why Batman has done better with the reboot movies.

Comment

I also thought this would be the lamest idea to come up. There is nothing exciting before he is Robin. It could not go on for 8yrs like SV because he has nothing to develope like CK.
                              Other DC heroes would be better.
                              Also SV had nothing to do with Superman Returns not doing very well. It was boring. I like Superman movies and will go see them but it pissed me off how it came back with so little. The same Lex Luther being a menace story. He has so many villians and things that could have happened that could have made that movie very good.

I'm glad its scrapped. I don't like the movie people dictating though as if we are all idiots and it will confuse us when we go see a movie. That's absurd. I wish they didn't own all the rights. Blah..

Comment

I was never a fan of idea for this show to begin with. Good riddance.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎