This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
    i would love to start averaging 5 million
    I don't think that will happen. I can see them breaking 5 million a couple of times in the next few episodes, but the second half of the year is still going to bring a huge decrease in the ratings, just like always. It would just be nice to get a couple of 5's now much like they were able to do last season to help balance everything out in the end.

Comment

Well even if it does about 4.5 on the finals(worst case scenario) all i have to say is...holy crap!What Smallville has accomplished this season is nothing short of amazing.Not many people were giving this show a chance of doing credible ratings.There is a very good chance that Bride will reach 5mil.If the CW doesn't drop the ball in terms of scheduling and there are no strike disruptions this year,the ratings will continue to be this high after the christmas break.

Comment

HELL YEAH!!!! Almost 5 million. That's the best so far this season.

Comment

Originally posted by slimdogg23
          why r they missing markets

Thursday night football games have started up. The games are on the NFL network, which means that in the home markets, the games must also be shown on regular tv. Last night, Denver was airing the Broncos game on the CW I believe. Next week, for the Jets/Patriots game, that game will be shown on the CW in New York, which means that I have a lovely Saturday viewing of Smallville to look forward to.

Comment

here's to hoping that there is no long hiatus

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by myankskent
            Thursday night football games have started up. The games are on the NFL network, which means that in the home markets, the games must also be shown on regular tv. Last night, Denver was airing the Broncos game on the CW I believe. Next week, for the Jets/Patriots game, that game will be shown on the CW in New York, which means that I have a lovely Saturday viewing of Smallville to look forward to.
            oh okay
            Last edited by slimdogg23; 11-07-2008, 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by slimdogg23
              here's to hoping that there is no long hiatus

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

oh okay
              2 more episodes this year until the winter hiatus, which I think lasts through the end of January usually.

Comment

OMG! OMG! 4.81mil.! That is so AWESOME!

Even if the Finals go down, It's so exciting to see the big #'s.

Maybe they will bring Kara back for another episode, since they left it
                open for her. I loved they mentioned the City of Kandor!
                I'm so excited! LOL

Comment

I don't get it? Why would that change the ratings since it has different programming airing at that time? Would they still count the people viewing the game as Smallville viewers?

I thought it wouldn't make a difference because it is different programming and it wouldn't count those people watching the game on the CW at 8pm when the game was airing.

Comment

LOIS = RATINGS!

Oh YEAH!

*freaking happy*

Comment

loved this eppy

Comment

it would be amazing that the final number went up, maybe close to 5 million viewers?

Comment

I don't get it? Why would that change the ratings since it has different programming airing at that time? Would they still count the people viewing the game as Smallville viewers?
                          These first numbers you are getting are including the Denver market. But the Denver market wasn't watching SV (and SPN). So, the later numbers will show the adjustments once the Denver market is removed from SV's numbers. Hopefully it won't be a huge change, but Denver is a rabid football town, so it could be a few hundred thousand, and change the demographic by a bit. Sorry to be the voice of doom, but I just want to prepare folks in case the ratings are adjusted down by a bit.

Comment

So is that the ratings last night?

1# Survivor | 12.18
                            2# Ugly Betty | 8.95
                            3# My Name is Earl | 6.62
                            4# Kath & Kim | 5.57
                            5# Smallville | 4.81
                            6# Kitchen Nightmares | 4.41

Comment

so we r proably looking at 4.7 or 4.6
                              Last edited by slimdogg23; 11-07-2008, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24

I thought it wouldn't make a difference because it is different programming and it wouldn't count those people watching the game on the CW at 8pm when the game was airing.
                                I'm not sure, but the fast nat'ls may meter all CW viewers, and the Finals take into account the markets that weren't showing Smallville. maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎