Screentime Minutes for Identity

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Badtoad, I loved seeing Clark interact with every Character in really quality scenes!

Comment

Thanks, BadToad!

I'm pleased with all of the screen time totals.

Comment

Woohoo! Go Clark and Lois!
        I'm glad we finally got an episode with a little less Chloe- she's had sooo much screen time this year! I love Chloe, but it was starting to be too much! Plus her scenes in this eppy kicked but!
        Thanks as usual BadToad, you rock!

Comment

Thanks Badtoad!
          I think this is the perfect amount of time for each character..

Comment

Thanks!

You wouldn't happen to have the numbers for Wrath, would you?

Comment

you rock BadToad
              thanks a lot for this

Comment

Originally posted by zorasuperman
                even though chloe is technically 2nd for the most screen time
                i think it is lois who gets more and let me explain me:

whereas chloe has been in ALL the episodes, lois has not (albiet she has missed one), she is not that far off from chloe considering she hasnt been in all the episodes. someone who is 2nd in credits and overall screen times, but comparing it to loiss, idk it seems less to me
                Actually Chloe has averaged about 12 minutes of screentime per ep, Lois has 11 minutes per ep.

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have the numbers for Wrath, would you?
                  I do

Wrath, running time 41m, 20s

Clark 22m, 13s
                  Lex 9m, 10s
                  Lana 20m, -
                  Chloe 9m, 29s
                  Lois 6m, 14s
                  Lionel 2m, 23s

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                    I do

Wrath, running time 41m, 20s

Clark 22m, 13s
                    Lex 9m, 10s
                    Lana 20m, -
                    Chloe 9m, 29s
                    Lois 6m, 14s
                    Lionel 2m, 23s
                    Sweet

I was a little bored, so I figured out the average screentime per ep for each character through Identity:

Clark- 20m, 14s (7)
                    Chloe- 12m, 16s (7)
                    Lois- 11m, 36s (6)
                    Jimmy- 9m, 7s (5)
                    Tess- 8m, 1s (6)
                    Davis- 9m, 55s (3)
                    Oliver- 12m, 8s (4)

Comment

Thank you BadToad for keeping us up to date on the screen time totals. It's really interesting.

Comment

Thanks, BT!

Maybe Toxic was an exception to that for a few reasons, but overall, I think all the characters are being used very well, and in a meaningful way. SV is notoriously bad at that, so I definitely think we're seeing a changed philosophy at work here.
                        Overall I agree too but I'm afraid Tess is heading towards getting shafted. She's getting some good scenes but she doesn't seem to really have an arc of her own yet and I'm kind of afraid the arc they're building is just going to fall apart. Maybe that's because I'm afraid with Lana on the horizon TPTB will lose focus and let everything fall apart. I hope not though.

I am glad that Chloe isn't completely outstripping all the other regulars because that's not the direction I wanted the show to take but at the same time... ugh, I kind of feel like as the only other actor on the show since the beginning AM deserves a higher average screen time than she's getting.

Comment

I have a feeling that Chloe's numbers and averages are going to pick way up with the upcoming eps, so by midseason, you are going to see her far ahead of any of the other characters, save for Clark.

I wonder if Tess' storyline arc won't take more precedence in the back half of this season.
                          Last edited by BadToad; 11-02-2008, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                            I have a feeling that Chloe's numbers and averages are going to pick way up with the upcoming eps, so I by midseason, you are going to see her far ahead of any of the other characters, save for Clark.

I wonder if Tess' storyline arc won't take more precedence in the back half of this season.
                            I have a sinking feeling that you're right. But as well as Tess, I think Lois will also be on the rise. Pretty please let Clark be on the up and up too. Accent on the UP.

Comment

I have a feeling that Chloe's numbers and averages are going to pick way up with the upcoming eps, so I by midseason, you are going to see her far ahead of any of the other characters, save for Clark.
                              I'm not convinced her per episode average is going to go up that much. If anything she might be at a bit of a disadvantage since in non-Chloe centric episodes low screen times will drag her average down whereas when the other characters aren't central they might not be in the episode at all.

I hope so and I hope the the team she's putting together is laying ground work for something really cool but they've already burned nearly half her episodes and Lex's 33.1 stuff never really seemed to pay-off.

It seems like Jimmy already had a decent arc with the Good Samaritan thing and he's only been in half as many episodes.

Comment

wow, chloe was only in it for 5 minutes?

thats unusual

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎