No announcement yet.

New Show May Not Happen

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FangFan
    Personally I wish a network like CBS had picked it up and put it on with the new show CSI:New York. That would be great, but it's not likely to happen. Oh well, we can dream.
    Actually, having one of the dinosaurs like CBS, NBC and ABC pick it up might be even worse. These are networks that tend to not like giving shows second chances. Hell, sometimes they even kill a show with episodes left to air.

Comment

does wb have so many big "hits" on it's schedule that they couldn't find a spot for a show with signifigant name recognition and a very loyal(if small)viewership waiting for it.i don't often watch wb,but i hope they can find a spot for this show.since all this started,i have wondered if we weren't all jumping the gun and assuming d.s.04 was a done deal.let's hope.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't watched WB in over a year but do they actually have 21 hours a week of hit Primetime shows? The only shows I ever hear people talk about regularly are Smallville, Charmed and Angel... and of course, Angel is canceled. I know they have others but there's got to be room.

Comment

I don't think CBS, NBC or ABC cancel shows any faster than other networks. Look at Fox, it killed Wonderfalls (a great series) with 10 shows left and the WB killed Tarzan with shows left to air. It all comes down to viewers and advertising dollars.

The upside of the big three is if its a hit there, its a HIT. Look at CSI, Without a Trace, Law & Order, The West Wing, ER, Survivor, The Apprentice, etc.

Comment

I would rather have no new show at all than to have it end up on UPN. UPN is the worst network on the air. Besides not being available in all areas, they show absolutely no support for their shows. Unless it's a generic sitcom that no one even cares about they turn their back to it. Just my 2 cents....The WB in my opinion needs the new Dark Shadows to fill the supernatural gap in their schedule since Buffy and the like are no longer around.

Comment

It's pretty normal. There are a LOT of pilots that get filmed that don't ever air. A lot of times networks will judge if they really want to pick up a series based on how the pilot looks. So if the pilot turns out to be great, maybe we'll see it and if it sucks, the show probably won't air. Or sometimes the opposite happens too. Who knows?

Comment

Wed after Smallville are open. Also...Sundays after Charmed may be good...DONT SCREAM at me for including the two...just talking LOL....

I really think Ds will get picked up for the fall season. I think its a shoe-in. Cause this network needs more than just teen shows if its to ever really Flourish.

JMO

Comment

I didn't even link to this article when seeing it on Zap2It because I don't consider it to be particularly newsworthy. With ANY network for ANY season, there are only so many available slots. Whether it's just one slot or seven really doesn't change the fact that if it's good, it'll fly; and if it's not, then it won't. Worst case scenario if the pilot is good and the WB gives the slot(s) to something else, it could be saved for midseason. But I don't think so.

The main competitors for the WB's drama slots are "The Robinsons: Lost in Space" which I would think would be very costly and limiting, so I'd say DS's chances are better, and "The Mountain," which does have the "OC" producers behind it, but it's not as if the WB would put it on at Wednesdays at 9 against the OC. I think the show's future - if there is one - is safe. I hope the fact that it was not posted here at Barnabas Undead is seen as a slight; I just don't think it's important to worry about right now.

Also keep in mind the WB is being VERY secretive about this project, and the buzz about it is SO high... they know they're producing something big. Six scripts? Series already sold overseas?

It's happening. And if it's not, I will gladly post on the main page "The webmaster of this site is a jackass."

Comment

If you check out the drama pilots for the WB at the futon critic site, under pilots in production, you'll see that their are only 5 that appear that they could be ready by May for condideration: Dark Shadows, The Robinsons: Lost in Space, Jack and Bobby, The Mountain and The Prodigy. Of these Dark Shadows and Lost in Space naturally sound the most promising. The Zap article might give the impression that there are tons of drama pilots, but thats simply not the case as I see it. Those still in early planning stages aren't really in competition for a 2004 fall slot and will likely be considered for a 2005 mid-season slot. Thats my opinion only, whether or not its wishful thinking remains to be seen...Harry

Comment

I've always figured the main two slots open would be Sunday at nine, or Wednesday at 9. I didn't figure the WB to cancel very many of their current shows.

I think Dark Shadows has a very good chance of making it on the schedule next fall. Wishful thinking, maybe. But it seems as though the network is behind it.

Comment

ORDDU: Well, ducklings, would it help to ease your anxieties if my sisters and I took a look into our crystal ball and conjured up a vision of the future for all of you--so that you'll know for certain the fate of the newest DARK SHADOWS?

ORGOCH: I say let 'em WAIT!

ORWEN: Now, that's not very nice.

ORGOCH: Well, heck! Once a witch starts advertisin' how good she is at prognosticatin', next thing she knows, she don't have a minute's rest!! Ev'rybody's always askin' her ta look inta the crystal ball and let 'em know what they can expect next! I don't wanna' be bothered with questions like that ev'ry time I come here! Besides, the Web-footed master already told the rest a the ducklin's round here that the show was gonna' git AIRED!! Case Closed!!

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                          It's happening. And if it's not, I will gladly post on the main page "The webmaster of this site is a jackass."
                          Well, I trust that won't be necessary.

I don't really have anything to add to this discussion that others haven't already said, but ... personally, I'm not worried. I read the zap2it article -- nothing I didn't already know.

And, as jt pointed out, the Tele Munchen quibble actually has nothing to do with whether DS gets picked up. The fact that DS was OFFERED in that deal is still a good sign, regardless of how many shows the Europeans want to buy.

I still think DS is a shoe-in for the fall slate ... in fact, it's the only proposed WB show I'd say that about. There's been a lot of press about it already for something in such an early development stage. When I look at the futon critic list of possibilites, DS stands out as their best high-concept shot at a new hit ... and I don't think it's just because I'm a fan.

In any case, we don't have much longer to wait for the official announcement. We'll know soon enough......

Comment

I am not gonna worry either. May is almsot here and if I am correct the WB will announce its schedule sometime in the middle of May.

Comment

I'm trying to convince myself that if they don't do the series they'll somehow release the pilot and subsequent episodes in some form for us grovelling fans.

Are they shooting all six episodes that have been written or just the pilot?

Comment

I am crossing my fingers that DS gets picked up for the fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎