No announcement yet.

Show is pointless

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show is pointless

Waiiiit a minute. Now, didn't the show creators learn anything from Smallville?? There are (will be) all kinds of problems with The Graysons.

1. Smallville's 'No tights/No flights' thing is starting to aggravate many Smallville fans. They feel that after 8 seasons and with Clark getting older, the show isn't getting any closer to "Superman".

2. It is common knowledge that the Smallville writers have been trying very hard to introduce Bruce Wayne/Batman as a guest role, but that Warner Bros. has stated for years, "Absolutely NOT!"

So, taking those two main points into account, how do the same creators/writers from Smallville expect to pull this off?? The character of Dick Grayson will undoubtedly start to wear thin, just as Clark is, with a similar 'no tights' rule. AND, if Warner Bros. absolutely refused to allow even Bruce Wayne on Smallville (much less, Batman), then what possible conclusion can they bring to the character of Dick Grayson on 'The Graysons"?????? Similar to Clark, he won't be able to don the "Robin" costume toward the end of the series, because he won't be introduced to Bruce Wayne (can't have Bruce Wayne, they told them).

So, where does it go?? You can't have Robin without first bringing in Batman/Bruce Wayne. So, if Warner Bros. won't let you have Batman/Bruce Wayne, then what's the point? You can't give the fans what they want (like Clark doning the outfit and flying). That's the one thing that's hurt Smallville and annoyed it's fanbase. Why should Robin fans even stick around, knowing ahead of time that it can't go anywhere?

I just don't get it the appeal. Smallville at least was a success because the writers could still play off of Clark's powers and his secret. With Dick Grayson, there's just no appeal or excitement until he meets Bruce Wayne.

They're better off with a JL/GA show cause they have been shown it can be done.

Comment

As I stated on another thread this show will never see the light of day. It just doesn't translate into a bankable series. And if they decide to go forth with it I don't see going more than 1-2 episodes after the pilot.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-02-2008, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Yeah. It's most prevalent in the comic movie craze. You keep hearing about all of these comic book characters that movie studios are scrambling to pull out of the drawer and put up on the movie screen to compete with Spider-Man, Batman, etc. They're just trying to bank money off of anything they can get their hands on, no matter how obscure the character is. I mean.. Thor? Really?? Well, you've got a hammer, and.... oh, that's right, just a hammer. Sounds great (yawn)

Comment

I do agree with the OP's #2 reason. However I believe that we will see Dick as Robin if/when he's part of the carnival acts; So that's a yes on the Robin costume at the very least, in that light. And to be honest, we really don't know the scope of what will/won't be included in the plot for this series. I wouldn't be ready to condemn it just yet.

One thing that Superman and Robin have in common is that they are mutual people who EVERY superhero has a high level of respect for. Sure Batman is well known by everyone in the DC universe but Robin doesn't butt heads with most of the heroes who have watched him grow in the "profession".

Dick, like Supes, is known as a natural leader and a constant factor to keeping superheroes on track. Much like the student becoming the mentor. The CW would probably not be interested in another superhero based series that takes 3 seasons before a known superhero is introduced (like Smallville). I'm guessing the potential the CW executives see in this series is: If you had to pick any character in the DC universe that has in some way influenced the most superheroes, (and you couldn't pick Batman or Superman) it would clearly have to be Dick Grayson. This is because of his obvious character driven impact on people like Wally West, Batgirl, Beast Boy, Bette Kane, Tim Drake, Batman, Roy Harper, Starfire, Donna Troy, Huntress, Cyborg, Tempest, among many many many others. A great excuse for tons of cameos and intertwining arcs featuring present and future superheroes alike.

Comment

But it seems as thought they are going for a circus performer with his family. My guess is the series finale would have his parents and brother killed and Bruce adopts him. Unless they have it where his parents are killed but his brother survives and protects him until a few years later and he is killed, with Bruce witnessing this and helping him. At some point they would need to introduce Bruce. This is why a JL/GA show would work better because its less complicated.

Comment

Since Robin is supposed to be a teenage super hero, Dick would have to be no more then eight years old in the pilot (for them to have a five year run). Who would find the ''adventures'' of an eight year old boy interesting? This whole thing will fail like Justin Hartley's Aquaman pilot.As Dick lacks any abilities, they wouldn't be able to bring in any real villans, making it extremely boring.

Comment

They can show Dick living daily life as a circus performer hanging out with his family and friends, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zanos
                  They can show Dick living daily life as a circus performer hanging out with his family and friends, etc.
                  And that is it.... It is circus boy 2!

The Punisher before his family is killed, is a cop show.

This is such a nightmare idea.

Comment

I would prefer a show about Green Lantern before he got his ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎