The Haitian is the only hope...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Haitian is the only hope...

Haitian save us...from Arthur.

do we know exactly how the haitans power works? it doesn't seem to always work..i don't understand his power..like s1 in company man i think..he was in the house while ted was going crazy..but teds power wasn't being blocked

Comment

He wasn't in the Bennet house when Ted overloaded in "Company Man", but he was standing by Nathan when he flew in "Hiros".

We know that it does cut off when he's unconscious (see "One of Us, One of Them"), so I think it's something he switches on/off at will.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's an on/off power, and he can choose who in the area is affected, not like it's on/off for everyone near him.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason Nathan got away in Season 1 was because he was working for Angela, so she wouldn't want her son being kidnapped by The Company. (Although, as she was one of the founders, I'm sure she'd beable to monitor the experiments and stop them from going too far if she's worried about him getting hurt)
        Last edited by JW_102792; 10-31-2008, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Trouble is, will his power stop Arthur or will Arthur be able to steal his power??

Comment

he can take a way all of his memory and then they will have a chance to kill him!

Comment

i have a badd feeling about this now something tells me he's going to die this season just leave the hatian alonee

Comment

Originally posted by magoo
                Trouble is, will his power stop Arthur or will Arthur be able to steal his power??
                Arthur can only steal his power by touching him. He could 'off' Arthur power by not even touching him. Merely be around him is enough to shut him down. Then after, Haitian will go closer to erase off his memories. There goes the 'great' Arthur.

Comment

or someone else with the Haitian powers maybe...or someone with arthurs powers who has the ability to absorb powers immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by edwinisdenim
                    Arthur can only steal his power by touching him. He could 'off' Arthur power by not even touching him. Merely be around him is enough to shut him down. Then after, Haitian will go closer to erase off his memories. There goes the 'great' Arthur.
                    True.

But hasn't Peter met the Haitian before? Thus absorbing his power?

Comment

nobody can absorb the haitian's power...to be close enough to absorb it u r close enough for him to block your power thereby stopping you dead in your tracks. Just IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
                        He wasn't in the Bennet house when Ted overloaded in "Company Man", but he was standing by Nathan when he flew in "Hiros".

We know that it does cut off when he's unconscious (see "One of Us, One of Them"), so I think it's something he switches on/off at will.
                        Maybe Nathan feet have to be touching the ground. Just a thought I could be wrong. I bet that girl with super speed could probably run right by him. The time it takes to nulltify her powers she'd be miles away. Just a thought I had. May be one way to beat him. Be funny if the Hatian did earse Arthur abillity and made him think he was 8. Arthour would'nt be a treat then unless he used Adam/Clair abllity to get his memory back.

Comment

Originally posted by kp1984
                          Maybe Nathan feet have to be touching the ground. Just a thought I could be wrong. I bet that girl with super speed could probably run right by him. The time it takes to nulltify her powers she'd be miles away. Just a thought I had. May be one way to beat him. Be funny if the Hatian did earse Arthur abillity and made him think he was 8. Arthour would'nt be a treat then unless he used Adam/Clair abllity to get his memory back.
                          The Hatian has already blocked Daphne's power before, in 302 or 303.

We don't know if the Hatian could block Arthur's power- we know he couldn't block Sylar's IA, and Arthur's might be similarly elevated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                            The Hatian has already blocked Daphne's power before, in 302 or 303.

We don't know if the Hatian could block Arthur's power- we know he couldn't block Sylar's IA, and Arthur's might be similarly elevated.
                            Yeah I know her powers were block but she was trying to use her superspeed when he was around. I was talking about her using superspeed when she's miles away from him then running by the Haitan at superspeed. I was wondering if she could avoid the depower affect. Let's say Daphne could run 40 miles per(she could be faster even) second and it took the Haitain 0.1 seconds for somebody power to stop working. She would be 4 miles away before the blocking power took affect. Just a thought not sure if it would work though.

Comment

Oh, that would make sense. I'm thinking she would be hit with the depowering, but she'd already be miles away before it activated, and then after a moment without her power, since she'd be out of range, she'd have it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎