Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jimmy's camera have caught Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your right in one way, which is that clark could have moved somewhere else or should have blocked himself with somthing so that the camera wouldn't have taken his picture. But I also know alot of photography and I know that you can get a glimps of somone superspeeding as long as the flash, flashes in time. If not it wouldn't have worked out. Rember this isn't the movie "Clock Stoppers." These things can happen.

Comment

Right, it has to be down to the shutter speed, doesn't it?????

If you take a very fast shutter speed, say 1/1000 sec, then as his blur spanned about 2m

then 2x1000x60x60x(5/8) gives 4500mph.

If superman can move faster than this then the photo is a fake.

However when he superspeeded to Brazil, at 4500mph that would have took 3hrs. I think he did it less than that.

Anybody else got numbers on Supes speed?

Comment

Two things:

1.) Clark can move faster than light, but he wasn't doing so in this scenario. In "Arctic", when he charged forward at Brainiac while he was attempting to load up on electricity, the lightning bolts appeared to stay still while Clark ran. The only explanation for this is that Clark was running faster than light speed. Now, in this situation, we could see the light from Jimmy's flash bulb changing in intensity as it flashed. This means Clark was not running faster than light in this case.

2.) Clark does not stop time, he simply moves so fast that everything else looks to be slowed down almost to the point where time appears to have stopped, but not quite. As we found out recently, even Hiro Nakamura doesn't actually stop time.

Comment

Originally posted by BadaBingBadaBoomsday
          Right, it has to be down to the shutter speed, doesn't it?????

If you take a very fast shutter speed, say 1/1000 sec, then as his blur spanned about 2m

then 2x1000x60x60x(5/8) gives 4500mph.

If superman can move faster than this then the photo is a fake.

However when he superspeeded to Brazil, at 4500mph that would have took 3hrs. I think he did it less than that.

Anybody else got numbers on Supes speed?
          ELECTRONS CAN move at C speeds, look up'killer electrons' , ti's natural phenomon..

anyway, brainiac was charging up, so it's iffy..

ANYWAY, SUPES pre-crisis, top speeds...

ALL u guys sayign this isnt heroes or clockstoppers....unfortunatly, it is..

you see, in the comics, (im unting for issue numbers), supes did move so fast, time did STOP for him...i actually dont know if time dilation had anything to d owith it( would be extreme , total, time dilation) ...but, i think bak then,. his speed WAS connected to his chrono powers... which accounts for SV ppl being able to just 'enter superspeed mode' such as maxima, just 'noticing' clark moving near her, tho he's moving at speeds so fast, NO one else would have a chance of even detectingsome1 iek that...

But YES, his powers seem conneted to chrono powers of supes.

and YES, he's used his superspeed to fiht ppl who stopped time.....he moved so fast, he just reached their level..

ANYWAY, SUpes top speed..

we know pre-crisis routinely did 17X light speed( wally, th fastest flash , did 10X before the speed force asborbed him)
          and prime...went so fast, the multiverse threatened to collapse..
          SO, his speed..... u kidding me???

WHat does the scouter say abotu supe's speed level??
          It's WHATEVER speed he wants t ogo!!

honestly, his bio field cancels out soni cbooms in this show, so he doesnt have to worry about that/..

the feat where electros were totally stopped to him...

that means, in THAT CASE , he's WELL WELL well over 100000mph, or 200000, ...

NOW, to get to C, he needs to do 670 million miles per hour...idk what mach it is, ill look it up next time..

Now, his super speed, from what SV has shown, has 2 versions

version #1...LONG run, super speed..eh does this on straights, runs distances wit it, leaps liek a mile per step, raced Bart down farm road with this one, he alsy raced raya with this, , you see this when he's reallygoing, and is outside, and is going distance...RUN at the end showed this..

in THIS, i think he's slightly slower than#2(which ill explain), but he does this ANYWAY for the long steps, which are easier for him .....in moving distances..

in this mode, time dilation is still in pretty darn effect, like when he passed that car with lana ,....so, things are still frozen

this MAYBE MIGHT BE THE HONDURAS RUN

#2..he uses this one whenever he goes indoors, or in RUn, the firs ttime he chased bart, and the ime in Justice they fought..

things are vividly STOPPED, his aura is way visible, it this mode, he controls it, from moving slow(liek bullets, when tha tbullet almost his lex, he watched it in slow motion , deciding if he wanted to let lex die).. to TOTAL STOPPAGE, and his true SPEED(hat football game, where he did ALL that ,aved chloe, punched a bad guy, and went BAXK to the football game TO be tackeled, after throwing he football)..
          his is the super speed maxima used t osee clark rush by her...this seems faster, but UNDERSTANDABLY, he's moving faster, than #1 ,and isn't doing the mile-step version, ...

he uses this one indoors.....and outdoors, tho not often....he used this ine against brainiac , in that final fight.

so, his speed...meh...

Ould he fight the clockstoppers or Heroes? following canonity, (in heroes, daphne 'moves' fast enough t omove in his tipme stopped world(and, he doesnt always 'HOLD ti stopped ,as we saw him loose his grip a bit")) ...and, comic wise ,he'll easily take he clockstoppers....except in both case,s he can STILL AMP it up...

but, this is sv clark, he doesnt love exploring powers(remember the botched KARA flying lessons he chickened out of? what a wuss, and yet he's doing more superjumps,and can survive space falls, but NO, he doesnt want to even TRY,,,,,WUSS)

so, his speed isn't always full rive, caz he does it ona need basis....if no one's life is threatened, he's average.. if it's SERIOUS, he'll go faster and faster, depending on threat..

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by mistaguitarmasta
          Two things:

1.) Clark can move faster than light, but he wasn't doing so in this scenario. In "Arctic", when he charged forward at Brainiac while he was attempting to load up on electricity, the lightning bolts appeared to stay still while Clark ran. The only explanation for this is that Clark was running faster than light speed. Now, in this situation, we could see the light from Jimmy's flash bulb changing in intensity as it flashed. This means Clark was not running faster than light in this case.

2.) Clark does not stop time, he simply moves so fast that everything else looks to be slowed down almost to the point where time appears to have stopped, but not quite. As we found out recently, even Hiro Nakamura doesn't actually stop time.

HEY, you forgot, it was revealed by the interview that she runs around in his'time stopped world' out of brea's mouth herself...ignoring that..

HER speed tral was visible, the ndissapeared right before she looked at him

i BET this means he had it totally stopped, then let loose his grip a little...prob lessened the strain, tho there's no residual strain for him

ALSO, remember in that same episode, he was MOVING THE CLOCK HAND FORWARD AND BACK! whic hmeans, if he can hit forward and reverse, there's nothing saying he absolutely cant PAUSE IT AT ONE POINT...seriously , if a guy moves forward and backward, there's nothing saying he CANT stop time, just that he DIDNT, or at least after a short while after followign her....

ANyway, her speed is really incosistent..beign able to move in his world of speed, but taking like 10 seconds to get to paris...

anyway, clark and bart would CREAM her in a race, and fight, but ....
          Last edited by tippership commander; 11-03-2008, 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
            .... That works only if you completely ignore the wave properties of light and the laws of relativity....
            You have to ignore the laws of relativity if we're talking about FTL travel. Photons also have particle properties. And as a particle, it works.

Comment

Originally posted by migo
              You have to ignore the laws of relativity if we're talking about FTL travel. Photons also have particle properties. And as a particle, it works.
              apparently

Comment

Yes they have particle properties but they have wave properties too which cause Doppler affects based on motion, red and blue sifting which at speeds comparable to light at all make it impossible to get information from said light as light traveling away from him would be red-shifted out of existence and light traveling towards him would be all blue shifted to become the same frequency of gama-rays, thus there is no "sight" light carries it's "color" information via frequencies if light is standing still to you it has no information!... anyway the point is you have to ignore all physics to accept Superman. If we are going to discus the physics of it we can't just say well at faster then light travel we need to ignore relativity You either ignore it all, or you don't. If Clark was running faster then the speed of light he would travel infinite distance in no apparent time to him when in fact he would actually be traveling backward in time while the whole of the universe would "appear" as a single point do to length compressions... Is this information interesting? I think so... is it useful to the show?

Comment

I didn't like the idea that Clark could RUN faster than light. As far as i know superman could reach light speed only by flying...

Comment

Originally posted by baltazor
                    I didn't like the idea that Clark could RUN faster than light. As far as i know superman could reach light speed only by flying...
                    it wouldn't matter if he was running flying or using a pogo stick the end results would be the same physics wise...

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                      would any one especially the physic majors agree that if he goes at his full fastest speed to move someone out of the way of a car he might just ripp that person in half. It sounds like too much speed for the human body if you ask me and that may be why he slowed down or not went his fastest.
                      Exactly. Being hit by a Boeing 747 at its highest speed would not be pleasant. Since Supes is even faster than a 474, his effect would be much worse (even though his mass is lower). Even slowing down a bit wouldn´t help: he has to slow down to normal human walking speed if he doesn´t want to hurt the people he saves. (But that would mean that he could be photographed.) Just remember that you can get hurt badly already in a car accident with 30mph. Moving people out of the way of a speeding bullet with a speed faster than a speeding bullet is just as fatal as the bullet.

Another relativistic problem: If Supes were to fly with the speed of light, his mass would become infinite. Hence it would require infinite energy for him to move forward. The entire energy of the universe would not suffice to do this...

Comment

Originally posted by tippership commander
                        ELECTRONS CAN move at C speeds, look up'killer electrons' , ti's natural phenomon..
                        If you had took the time to read my post, i was talking about the speed of electrons in an electric current!

This is nowhere near C and if you have ever worked out the drift velocity of electrons you would see this.

I know electrons can go much faster but in an electric current they are slow.

Another thing, most of these posters must have been absent the day their physics teacher taught that nothingcan go faster than the speed of light.

If photons, that weight nothing can only go at C, what makes you think a finite mass can go quicker???

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

I don't want to start an argument, on whether Supes can go faster than light or not.

I dont know, because im not big into the comics, but i suppose he can because he simply has to!

But when people start saying 'this or that' is what happens when he goes faster than light, im sorry but these have to be theories.

They have to be theories, when nobody has gone faster than C, NEVER MIND WORKING OUT WHETHER IT IS POSSIBLE.

But to repeat myself, I am not arguing whether Supes go faster or not, just what happens when he does.

Nobody nows only him
                        Last edited by BadaBingBadaBoomsday; 11-04-2008, 06:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well if clark had run with a speed of light, imagine what would have left of Lois I think he was a little bit slower this time

Comment

MOD EDIT
                            Last edited by savingpeoplething; 11-06-2008, 10:41 AM. Reason: Breaking Forum Rule #10

Comment

Lucky for him he is faster at running than thinking

Comment

MOD EDIT
                                ... I'm not ignoring the partial properties... I actually understand wave/particle duality the problem is neither side goes away simple because it's convenient! They aren't actually waves or particles! You can't simple treat them as particles and say the properties such as color would have any meaning! A stopped photon ultimate is non-existent... they only have relativistic mass... they are an electromagnetic wave even if they have particle properties that fundamental ID wont disappear...
                                Last edited by Atomic girl; 11-06-2008, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎