Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jimmy's camera have caught Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Jimmy's camera have caught Clark?

In the episode Justice , Lionel stated that a pic"of Bart" risked Clark's secret..
    He also said he should be catiouary ,and that he knew there weren't too many people who could easily exceed the speed of light..

The prob is, when these guys superspeed, (at higher superspeeds), time STOPS till they slow down( CLark and he infomous football superspeed scene, him Running towards Brainiac with the electricity that was charging brainy STOPPED in it's tracks( fyi, electrons are on the tier of light speed, varies
    SO, what happened?

1. Clark's stupid, to not SEE a flash frozen in time , and should have grabbed something to shield him from the light( IT doesn' matter if he did this, because he can move so fast, he can spend a couple minutes looking for a garbage ca nlid, and the truck wont have moved a nanometer in his world)
    2. i know quite well how cameras work ,and Jimmy's camera, a plain photographers camera, shouldn't have been able to produce even THAT good of a blur, Let alone a blur at all, for if clarks' moving faster than photons, and randomly running into them, he's PUSH them so they don't bounce right, and reflect back to the camera...

plainly put, this is on the writers, unless we want to say clark decided to superspeed slower than norm

But, what gives? with speeds where you're 1000 miles away before someoen can blink, and we have a camera who's shutter speed isn;t much faster than that very blink...!
    A pic of him superspeeding? whenther it be as goood as jimmy's or not, ..i don't think so..

oh well, intro t osupes, for public, tho they didn't have to use his speed as the catalyst

Clark isn't moving at faster then light speed.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
      Clark isn't moving at faster then light speed.

i used to think that, until Justice when lionel confirmed it's true...

Yoou're right if youre drawing from history, only Pre-crisis supes pulled off the multiple light speed stuff( and superboy-prime)

But,there's not a lot against it, i mean, if they want sv clark to do it, it easily explains his feats of the time's he's supersped to the point where things from footballs to lightning were stopped...

of course, not every time this happens, ( most time he blocks bullets now, they're moving) but, there are cases...

it's a safe bet....

Lol, this is techncally'pre crisis supes' until the writers start crisis, or something

Comment

The bullet thing basically contradicts your argument. Jimmy (or anyone with decent experience) could take a picture of a bullet being shot (with a basic disposable camera let alone a camea with quality like Jimmy's) and there'd be a brief blur of the bullet (not in it's entirety). Clark can run and stop a bullet, so if a picture of a bullet can be taken, then the blur of Clark can also be taken since his speed can vary.
        Last edited by minerva73; 10-30-2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

You can catch Lightning and bullets on camera... neither move at super-luminous speeds. Clark saw the flash going off... meaning the light was being turned on and it was traveling to his eye. AKA not faster then light.

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
            The bullet thing basically contradicts your argument in a way. Jimmy (or anyone with decent experience) could take a picture of a bullet being shot (with a camera with quality like Jimmy's) and there'd be a brief blur of the bullet (not in it's entirety). Clark can run and stop a bullet, so if a picture of a bullet can be taken, then the blur of Clark can also be taken since his speed can vary.

you're right....
            contradictions? oh, i was pointing out the exceptions, because clark 's speeds DO VARy, from things slowed-stopped...(i think he just needs to get faster ,just like he needs to fly, use freeze breath, etc)....but, that would only happen if he was moving not much faster tha nbullets travel ,whic hwas the second option i suggested..

I mean, he def wasn't moving his fastest....

yes, a bullet might produce a streak if jummy's shutter speed is one of those high ones..
            i dont think it'd get clark moving at his fastest superspeeds...( ex: his brainiac blitz-type of speeds)...

But, well said , minerva

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

You can catch Lightning and bullets on camera... neither move at super-luminous speeds. Clark saw the flash going off... meaning the light was being turned on and it was traveling to his eye. AKA not faster then light.
            i know what you can catch at super speeds..

As a matter of fact, it's my speciality'

i'm a physics major who is highly into this stuff..

in 2003, a popular science arcitle contained cameras from a company named cordin cameras..

they were able to use revolving shutter high speed camera to take pics of a laser moving at 7 ft per nanosecond..

this alone proves that light itself can even be taken in pics....although that type of shot was only possible with that camera, and even then, it was light speed in air...

it was at it's limits..

GOing off superman lore, especially as to before Crisis of infinite earths, supes was moving at speeds beyond this....

Yes, you can catch lightning on camera, i've got tons of the pics of leader and return charges moving at lightning's speeds ...and lightning moves from 84000 mph at slowest, to the few super-accelerated electrons that are around a photon's speed....

I conclude that yes, the episode did portray the flash already having gone off(and illuminating clark, im watchign it now)...but, the doppler effect alone should have stopped this..(photon's path's distorting from hittign a object moving at that speed.....)

At this point, im just going to call this a case of clar knot moving at his top speeds..
            Last edited by tippership commander; 10-30-2008, 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well as a physics major myself, I'd say you have to stop thinking about it much... ultimately if Clark were moving Super-luminously how the hell would he see anything? So you stop, take a deep breath and say well it's a comic book show not the theory of relativity in practice.

Comment

Well as a physics major myself, I'd say you have to stop thinking about it much... ultimately if Clark were moving Super-luminously how the hell would he see anything? So you stop, take a deep breath and say well it's a comic book show not the theory of relativity in practice.

I kno, lol

its still fun to try, and actually cool when the physics DO add up, like bart running on water in Run

[rob is, CLark doesn't superspeed for fun....oh welll

oh ,to thatm i'd take a guess(prob what the writers would come up with) he moves faster than the photons, so he runs into them from behind, to 'see'... LOL....

seriously tho, im not hyping on this.....

and the writers did need a way to get his pic without ppl identifying clark, so what better way than a blur..hence his speed..

Comment

Suspension. Of. Disbelief.

This is a show about and alien from another planet with godlike powers. It doesn't get anymore unrealistic than that.

Besides, the continuity was accurate, Justice already established that single frame blurs of their super speed can be captured.

Clark doesn't necessarily stop time, he can just run places in namoseconds. We have seen Clark appear to disappear when super speed is shown in real time. The slowdown FX are just a convenience to viewers.

Comment

If I remember my physics classes right, light is always traveling ahead of you, regardless of your speed. And Clark was clearly moving faster than light as the photons from the camera were shown to be moving slowly towards him while he was reacting.

Comment

Originally posted by tippership commander
                      ( fyi, electrons are on the tier of light speed, varies
                      I agree with on the idea that the camera should not get that good an image of him, but

i'm sorry electrons do not move anywhere near the speed of light if your talking about electricity.

Comment

i'm still confused about why clark saw the light going off and didnt do anything about it. i know clark is fasster than bullet so shouldnt he be faster than light speed.

Comment

Originally posted by psyko69
                          Suspension. Of. Disbelief.

This is a show about and alien from another planet with godlike powers. It doesn't get anymore unrealistic than that.
                          *coughcough*Isobel*coughcough*

Comment

The picture was pretty much already taken. and clark showed up at the very end on the flash.

Comment

Originally posted by mark08201981
                              If I remember my physics classes right, light is always traveling ahead of you, regardless of your speed. And Clark was clearly moving faster than light as the photons from the camera were shown to be moving slowly towards him while he was reacting.
                              well, you're right..

this is another BDA moment when clar ksees the flash going off at end of things ,and keeps going....

he HD literall all the time in the world to notice the camera, or anything else...

BTW, for the other guy, electrons speeds VARY....

they can approach and nearly match the speed of light, they're known as 'killer electrons' that have bee naccelerated way past norm electrons,...but, thats a whole other story...physics related... i wont get int oit...

you know, clark has been prett ydum lately...

also, yes ,justice did establish some super speed shots could indeed be taken...tho it was a WAY worse pic than jimmy's....

I guess, this is the part where some1 says to me"its obvious he wasn't moving at his higher speeds, cas his is clark thinking it's going to be another easy , barge in head rescue, like he was doing in the other episode, so he recklessly charges ahead..

PS, charges ahead....JUST LIKE he did in justice, into that kryptonite room.....a BDA for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎