This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Identity"

Discuss all the special effects here.

The CGI cape didn't look so great, but the rest of the SFX looked good. I liked the FX on Sebastian's eyes when Chloiac overloaded him.

Comment

the cape was real not cgi...

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
        ...And you know this how?
        I liked the super-speed, and the cape looked amazing.

Comment

duh.. u can tell it was real! cgi wld looked stupid!

Comment

the fx were great again. they really have stepped up this season and here's hoping they only get better.

Comment

When Ollie was diving down to save Jimmy it was real, but not when everyone was looking at him atop the building.
              I though when Sabastion took people's memories, it looked really cool!

Comment

I doubt that. It looked pretty CGI-ish. And it wasn't even in the "Identity" promo pics, so it couldn't have been there when they filmed it. :|

Comment

The special effects during the first car scene looked kinda weird from the angle that they shot it and added them, but the other FX looked fantastic.

Comment

duh.. u can tell it was real! cgi wld looked stupid!
                    ... Not really...

Comment

Loved the super speed in the beginning. And also liked Oliver's "Super Arrow" scene.

Comment

The CGI cape was surprisingly well done. The slo-mo mugging sequence a the beginning was also great.

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
                          The special effects during the first car scene looked kinda weird from the angle that they shot it and added them, but the other FX looked fantastic.
                          Ya Clark turning to his left to look at Jimmy during the Lois rescue was strange. If he turned right to face Lois as he was saving her and then turned his head to Jimmy it would have made more sense.

It's illogical as to why they chose to do it the way they did. Maybe the communication between the stunt guys and the Effects guys wasn't going to well.

Also I agree with the cape looking CGI. Again that's another odd choice especially seeing as they have a very low budget this season.

Comment

Great FX at the beginning scene with Jimmy taking the pic...

Comment

I'll let it slide, but I thought the Clark superspeed to "catch" Lois at the beginning was sooooo obviously a 2 scene green-screen match up. TW reached down and looked to be nowhere near cradling Lois as he then turned to look at Jimmy. But I guess that's you get when the stupid head of the network cuts a stack out of your episode budget.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎