Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Peter regain his power with Claire's blood... as Sylar did?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Peter regain his power with Claire's blood... as Sylar did?

I believe Sylar regained his power via Claire's blood... I would imagine it's possible for Peter as well. (Of course this is speculation, because there's no revealed information as to how Arthur Patrelli strips a person of their unique abilities.)

Then again, as I sit here thinking... at one point, Peter must have naturally replicated his dad's power, although he wasn't aware or isn't aware... I wonder if Peter can reverse it in himself just by tapping into what his father took.... too many things to think about.

I doubt Claire's blood would give him his abilities back because with Sylar, he had the virus, which stopped abilities, but he still had them. Peter just doesn't have any anymore.

And even if he did absorb his dad's power, he lost EVERY power he had when his dad took them, so he won't have it anymore anyways.

I'm pretty sure the only way to get powers back is the formula, because it should give him his absorbing power back since the powers are based off your DNA, so if he lost his power over and over the formula should always give him the same one.

Comment

Peter didnt lose his powers from an illness, he was stripped of them via someone elses powers.

Sylar's abilities were submerged due to the Shanti Virus.

Claire didnt restore his powers, she just cured him of the disease and his powers naturally came back.

Comment

Claire was with him at the end of the episode,I think this is a good clue of what is going to happen.She will give him some blood and he will become all powerfull again.

Comment

It wasn't a clue at all, imo. As myself and Yoshua said, he lost his powers due to a power, he doesn't have them at all. Sylar still had his, they just didn't work because he had the virus. Claire's blood cured the virus, and without the virus he could use his powers again.

So, even with Claire's blood won't give him his powers back, it would just remove any cold he catches while he doesn't have his powers.

Only way to get his powers back now is to use the formula, since it's going to give the same power because his power is based off his DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by JW_102792
            It wasn't a clue at all, imo. As myself and Yoshua said, he lost his powers due to a power, he doesn't have them at all. Sylar still had his, they just didn't work because he had the virus. Claire's blood cured the virus, and without the virus he could use his powers again.

So, even with Claire's blood won't give him his powers back, it would just remove any cold he catches while he doesn't have his powers.

Only way to get his powers back now is to use the formula, since it's going to give the same power because his power is based off his DNA.
            That's pretty bold to say that "he doesn't have them at all"... and "Claire's blood won't give him his powers back"... because in a show like this, there are a lot of possibilities.

For instance, Peter's abilities could've been natural to his DNA (as compared to Nathan's injected abilities) meaning, that no matter what his Dad did to him as he wiped him clean of his current powers, he may have not altered his natural born DNA enough to supress his inate ability forever. Sure, Arthur Petrelli said that he left no trace, however I think it's possible that Peter's unique ability is just like him having black hair... it's in his DNA and will likely resurface because of that fact... but, as I said anything is possible.

My point is that I wouldn't speak so "matter of factly" about things, unless of course you're one of the writers.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Sweetie
            Claire was with him at the end of the episode,I think this is a good clue of what is going to happen.She will give him some blood and he will become all powerfull again.
            Yeah, I thought about Claire, but now that I think of it, Sylar may be able to use his unique ability to arrange Peter's DNA back to its original state...
            Last edited by x THE CHEETAH x; 10-30-2008, 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

We know his powers were taken from him but we dont know if it was permanant. Arthur didn't answer peter when he asked 'forever?'

It could be like Rogue where it is for a limited time, or it could be forever we just dont know yet.

If it is temporary poor Adam, he was being held together by his power. I don't understand why he turned to dust though. In my opinion he should have lived out his natural life if his powers were stripped. It 'could' have been that Arthur incinerated him intentionally but we don't KNOW that yet either.

IT COULD BE that it is temporary unless he incinerates you. As in, you will eventually get your powers back if he leaves you alive, but if he incinerates you he steals them forever? now that would kool

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                We know his powers were taken from him but we dont know if it was permanant. Arthur didn't answer peter when he asked 'forever?'

It could be like Rogue where it is for a limited time, or it could be forever we just dont know yet.

If it is temporary poor Adam, he was being held together by his power. I don't understand why he turned to dust though. In my opinion he should have lived out his natural life if his powers were stripped. It 'could' have been that Arthur incinerated him intentionally but we don't KNOW that yet either.

IT COULD BE that it is temporary unless he incinerates you. As in, you will eventually get your powers back if he leaves you alive, but if he incinerates you he steals them forever? now that would kool
                Adam had lived more than 400 years, The writers made it like all those years got up to him since he lost his ability. And Arthur said that it is permanent.

Comment

I'm not trying to sound like I know what's going to happen, because I really don't. I'm just saying based on what I've seen, I think it's unlikely Claire's blood will work. Now that you explained your theory a bit more, I could see it maybe happening, but I personally don't think it will.

From what we've seen, Peter has no powers at all. I don't see any reason he'd lie to Mohinder about taking all traces of Maya's ability. So, I personally think he's telling the truth, and Peter has no abilities at all anymore.

Sorry if I was sounding rude/know-it-all.
                  Last edited by JW_102792; 10-31-2008, 07:18 AM.

Comment

I hope so. Peter is no fun without his powers.

Comment

I'm not trying to sound like I know what's going to happen, because I really don't. I'm just saying based on what I've seen, I think it's unlikely Claire's blood will work. Now that you explained your theory a bit more, I could see it maybe happening, but I personally don't think it will.

From what we've seen, Peter has no powers at all. I don't see any reason he'd lie to Mohinder about taking all traces of Maya's ability. So, I personally think he's telling the truth, and Peter has no abilities at all anymore.

Sorry if I was sounding rude/know-it-all.
                      It's all good... I hear what you're saying, though.

I think since it took some time for us to see the true characteristics (and limitations) of Peter and Sylar's powers when this show started, we still have yet to see the true characteristics (and limitations... if he has any) of Arthur Petrelli's power.

For all we know, Peter's genetic potential may still remain... I think all of the other powers he accumulated are probably gone and not retrievable, however his unique genetic potential may still remain and may remanifest itself given the right stressful situation (producing high adrenaline levels, etc.).

Who knows what direction this show will go... I'm diggin' it, nevertheless.

Take care...

Comment

i dont think claire blodd could save them because sylar had the shanti virus and claire's blod saved him! peter just got his powers taken away! But it would be cool for claire to save the day and return a offer to peter when he saved her at homecoming from sylar even though that happened in third season which her head gets chopped off!

Comment

You'd think Claire would have given Peter some blood after the fall he had.

Comment

who knows if it would even work...she is different now and her abilities are acting up just like elle's...but she could have at least tried...damn selfish kids

Comment

Originally posted by rambo5501
                              Adam had lived more than 400 years, The writers made it like all those years got up to him since he lost his ability.
                              Ugh, it's been explained before how bloody idiotic this is. Science does not work that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎