TV Ratings for "Identity"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we have to worry about a potential ratings drop SparkleforSmallville.Last season the ratings started to drop after Blue because there were a lot of breaks.They stuck Gemini by itself in December and many forgot to tune in.I think that up to Bride we are guaranteed ratings like 4.2 or even higher.I just hope that they will promote the show properly when in returns in 2009 so that it picks up from these ratings.

Comment

How long is the hiatus going to be? I heard 13 weeks but that is way to long!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
        Here's all we have at K-Site:

[SPOILER]"Bloodline" - 11/06/08
        "Abyss" - 11/13/08
        "Bride" - 11/20/08

Break

"Legion" - Air Date Unknown
        "Power" - Air Date Unknown

Traditionally, "SV" comes back on air in January. January 31st in Season 7, January 11th in Season 6, January 12th in Season 5.

One thing to note, though, is that they aren't airing a December episode this year... usually they do.

So, chances are pretty high that they'll air "Legion" on January 8th, because I can't imagine that they'll wait longer than they have to.

If that's the case, then we won't have any new episodes from 11/20/08 through 1/8/09... which makes sense because it's basically Thanksgiving through New Year's.
        [/SPOILER]
        Last edited by eas; 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM. Reason: Just realized that this info might be a spoiler...

Comment

nice! 4.34 mil..

Comment

I'm so proud of SV too. That's awesome! This season has deserved to be watched, totally. I have confidence the entire season will be.

Go "Smallville"! Keep going! You're so on the right track.
            Last edited by mskingston; 10-31-2008, 07:11 PM. Reason: Combining posts. :)

Comment

4.32 million viewers is awesome!! SV will reclaim its spot as the CW's most watched of the week. "Identity" completely deserves the high ratings, and, if this keeps up, PS3 deserve another season.

Comment

I'm soooo glad the viewers went up this eppy!

Originally posted by eas
                One thing to note, though, is that they aren't airing a December episode this year... usually they do.

So, chances are pretty high that they'll air "Legion" on January 8th, because I can't imagine that they'll wait longer than they have to.

If that's the case, then we won't have any new episodes from 11/20/08 through 1/8/09... which makes sense because it's basically Thanksgiving through New Year's.
                I think they're not airing a December episode this year because they started the season 1-2 weeks earlier than usual. I guess it's okay as long as they start at the 1/8/09 date that you suggested.

BTW, I think you forgot [SPOILER]Bulletproof[/SPOILER] in the episode titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                  If I were in charge of the CW, I would put together an awesome trailer for the 2009 episodes and air it after "Bride," and then continue to show it through December. I would return SV on January 8, like eas said.

That's what they did for Seasons 5 and 6, and the January-February run did great.

Comment

If I were in charge of the CW, I would put together an awesome trailer for the 2009 episodes and air it after "Bride," and then continue to show it through December.
                    ITA. To add to that, I would have the showrunners, and the actors, do another round of the interview circuit. Just to get that excitement level back up.

Comment

10 new Episodes in a row is such a good idea. I can't believe we have only 3 more till the break! It's gone by so fast!
                      I hope the SV Cast also get a long break, they deserve it

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                        FYI
                        Season 7, after Wrath the ratings started a fast decline. Hope that doesn't happen to S8.
                        #7 Wrath..............4.64 million*
                        #8 Blue.................4.51 million*
                        #9 Gemini.............3.71 million*
                        #10 Persona............3.81 million*
                        #11 Siren.................4.01 million*
                        #12 Fracture..............3.67 million*
                        #13 Hero...................3.81 million*
                        #14 Traveler...............3.44 million*
                        #15 Veritas.................3.86 million*
                        #16 Descent................3.61 million*
                        #17 Sleeper.................3.62 million*
                        #18 Apocalypse............3.81 million*
                        #19 Quest...................3.99 million*
                        #20 Arctic....................3.85 million
                        * - Final Rating

The live+7 ratings were about the same as this Season, close to 1 mil. more per episode.
                        Season 7 was very uneven. I don't think we'll have such lows this season. So far, all of the episodes have stayed above 4 million and there has been a consistent run withOUT repeats. And then there is an obvious difference/improvement in quality and consistency. I think people are actually hearing some buzz about SV despite the CW's inexplicable inability to advertise and they might just start looking for it when it comes back after the New Year. The numbers for all of November should tell us more. Also, I'm hoping to finally see some ads for Smallville before it starts airing new episodes on a regular basis to drum up interest for the rest of the season. They've certainly saved advertising dollars so far. At least for Smallville. I also like the idea of a January 8th start date. Anything longer would be intolerable.

And 4.34? Identity deserved every bit of that number. And more. Go season 8!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                        10 new Episodes in a row is such a good idea. I can't believe we have only 3 more till the break! It's gone by so fast!
                        I hope the SV Cast also get a long break, they deserve it
                        It has been a marvelous idea and ITA, these last few weeks have flown by. Too bad Clark still isn't because it would be very apropos.

I hope they have a good break as well, but not too long! I want more of the super stuff that they're doing this season! I'm addicted.
                        Last edited by geminis; 10-31-2008, 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by buffywill07
                          nice! 4.34 mil..
                          GO you good thing.

Well done to PS3. The accelerated journey to Clark's destiny is keeping an excellent core of SV viewers together.

And Asstroff has the gall to cut SV's budget and order extra epis of GG, OTH and 90210. Chloe-iac should pay her a visit.

Comment

Season Nine... will happen!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                            If I were in charge of the CW, I would put together an awesome trailer for the 2009 episodes and air it after "Bride," and then continue to show it through December. I would return SV on January 8, like eas said.

That's what they did for Seasons 5 and 6, and the January-February run did great.
                            I hope they do that!
                            Last edited by 6-Super-Man -5; 10-31-2008, 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Let's hope so, 6-S-M-5.

Comment

**** how long is the break going to be?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡