Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who Soundtrack

Have any of you purchased it? What do you all think?

I personally love the music from series 1 and 2 the best.

I have the soundtrack to Series 1 &2, since none of the stores near me carry the Soundtrack to series 3. I'm excited to get my hands on teh soundtrack to Series 3 though when it comes out!

I have to say that 'Doomsday' is by far my favourite on that soundtrack. It makes me miss Rose a lot.

Comment

season 4's soundtrack is out now to download

Comment

I've got the series 3 soundtrack, which I bought solely for Martha's theme, which was stuck in my head for about 3 straight months.

Damn! I can't stop humming it now.

Comment

Just been listening to the series 4 soundtrack, and murray gold did extremely well with "the greatest story never told"

Comment

Song Of Freedom from Series 4 is the Greatest piece of DW music bar the theme EVER!

Comment

I have the season 1 and 2 soundtrack and, I love it so much. Martha's theme from season 3 is beautiful but, I wasnt as excited about some of the rest of the music from that season. However, I love the music from season four, the Ood's song is so beautiful so, I hope to buy the soundtrack for season 4. If there's a *Season 3 & 4* soundtrack, I'll likely buy that because, when I say I like season three's music less, it's all relative, Murray Gold's composing is inspired.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Rickman
                I have the season 1 and 2 soundtrack and, I love it so much. Martha's theme from season 3 is beautiful but, I wasnt as excited about some of the rest of the music from that season. However, I love the music from season four, the Ood's song is so beautiful so, I hope to buy the soundtrack for season 4. If there's a *Season 3 & 4* soundtrack, I'll likely buy that because, when I say I like season three's music less, it's all relative, Murray Gold's composing is inspired.
                Series 3 and 4 have seperate soundtracks, unlike 1 & 2. Series 3 is better, in my opinion, though the Davros/Dalek music on the Series 4 album is brilliantly haunting.

I'm really hoping they release a 2009 Specials Soundtrack, because that had some of Murray's best music ever. The music during the regeneration. The music leading up to regeneration, when the Doctor visited his companions. But the best, in my opinion, was the music used during the climax of Waters of Mars. Sadly, I feel like we would have heard about this soundtrack by now if it was coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                  Have any of you purchased it? What do you all think?

I personally love the music from series 1 and 2 the best.

Yesterday I popped my head into the local store. I asked for it. ( because the theme is such a catchy theme - I love it! ) and so I wanted to hear ( hoping the theme would appear on the soundtrack. ) And perhaps other songs , and the guy told me that it has been dis-continued. I told to him that " perhaps now that there is a new surgence, since the arrival of Matt Smith, that perhaps the store would find they need to be getting more stock. " He agreed. I am hoping to still get it. Is there a place, in the meanwhile, I might be able to burn it onto a blank cd from a website? Can anyone tell me, please? ( thank you, in advance.)

Comment

All the soundtracks are available from Amazon.com. iTunes probably sells them, too.

Comment

Originally posted by quinny06
                      Series 3 and 4 have seperate soundtracks, unlike 1 & 2. Series 3 is better, in my opinion, though the Davros/Dalek music on the Series 4 album is brilliantly haunting.

I'm really hoping they release a 2009 Specials Soundtrack, because that had some of Murray's best music ever. The music during the regeneration. The music leading up to regeneration, when the Doctor visited his companions. But the best, in my opinion, was the music used during the climax of Waters of Mars. Sadly, I feel like we would have heard about this soundtrack by now if it was coming out.
                      Well, i want one, too, and I hope there will be a series 5 soundtrack too.

Comment

I hope they release a Specials & Series 5 soundtrack.

Comment

I really wish they would release the specials and season 5 soundtrack as well. It just can't be stated enough how incredible the last few tracks from The End of Time: Part 2 were, and I love the catchy little action tune from season 5.

Comment

Exciting news ... I read this someplace else so, I cant confirm that it is true. But, it would be neat if it is true

The music from the 2009 Doctor Who specials, The Next Doctor, Planet Of The Dead, The Waters Of Mars and The End Of Time will be released on the 20th September 2010

Comment

Yep, it's true!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-O...1103714&sr=8-1

This is awesome news, I can't wait. Although, I think it would have been better if they'd done a 2 disc set featuring music from the specials and Matt Smith's first series. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for the music from that?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎