No announcement yet.

Davis: "Jimmy?" Chloe: "No"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis: "Jimmy?" Chloe: "No"

Was this Chloe admitting some lingering feelings for Clark? I was sorta hoping this book was closed, especially after "Committed". I believed Chloe when she told Jimmy she only cared for him, esp since she had the lie detector to back her up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a shipper in any way. I was just hoping the Clark-pining would end because I've been loving the new, more independent Chloe this season. Allison is having a great year.

No, I don't think she has lingering feelings for Clark. If anything she's starting to have feelings for Davis. I think she was just recalling the feelings she had for Clark and how easy it was. I think the danger for her is falling for Davis because it's becoming so easy to do so. I think the book is closed for Chlark and that was pretty much confirmed with the lie detector test, but it was confirmed for me way back when.

Comment

Because I am too lazy to retype this, I'll just quote myself from another thread.

Quote from the episode:

Chloe: ...besides, everything with you is so...

Davis: ...so easy

Chloe: Yeah, easy.

Davis: Have you ever felt that way with anyone before?

Chloe: Once.

Davis: With Jimmy?

Chloe: No.
      She told Davis that things were easy with him and Davis asked her if she ever felt that way with anyone before. IOW, Davis was asking her if she ever felt that way with someone else before she met him. So, she could not have been referring to Davis. One could argue that she was referring to the brief time she spent with Davis when they first met, but I doubt that. I think she was talking about Clark.

Actually, Chloe hasn't been pining for Clark since season 2.

Comment

She meant Clark and that was strange because of the lie detector test where she said she was only in love with Jimmy.

On the other hand, friendships are much easier than serious relationships. So Davis and Clark are going to seem easier, she never dated either one of them.

Comment

I don't see why they had to bring that up at all. Especially after all that was said in Committed.
          I wish they would stop with the back and forth, Chloe and Jimmy are not Clark and Lana!

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
            No, I don't think she has lingering feelings for Clark. If anything she's starting to have feelings for Davis. I think she was just recalling the feelings she had for Clark and how easy it was. I think the danger for her is falling for Davis because it's becoming so easy to do so. I think the book is closed for Chlark and that was pretty much confirmed with the lie detector test, but it was confirmed for me way back when.
            That's exactly what I'm thinking, and I hope thats the case, but I wanted to see how everyone else was interpreting it. Anybody think we'll see some explanation of this anytime soon? (In previous seasons I wouldn't think so, but now with PS3, it's at least a possibility)

Comment

Perhaps the discussion in this thread will interest you.

I think Chloe's comment coupled with Clark's fear of her trusting someone else over him, was the setup for the conflict between Clark, Davis, and Chloe. There will definetely be a triangle with those three. I don't think it will be a typical angsty love triangle though. Chloe removed Jimmy from the equation when she admitted that there was only one other person that she felt as comfortable with.
              Last edited by Kalista; 10-26-2008, 02:58 AM.

Comment

i firmly believe this was Clark she was talking about

Comment

Back and forth back and forth... its almost as bad as the Clana train. Just when the Chlarker in me admits that it isn't ever going to happen, Chloe gets that wistful look in her eye. Grr Arrgh!

Although Chloe being committed enough to back off of her hot friend tells the story - she's Jimmy's girl, through and through. Even if Doomsday is so much yummier.

Comment

She was defenetly talking in past tense "once" was in love don't mean now.Davis is a bigger threath for Jimmy than Clark.She is develloping a dangerous obssession for him.

Comment

Chloe is in love with Clark, she always has been. I never bought the garbage saying otherwise from Committed. She's infected with Brainiac, which totally has the capacity to influence Chloe's actions & words.

It's Clark.

Comment

I agree that it was about Clark and that it was in past tense which sucks actually that Chloe is now feeling for Davis a feeling that once had for Clark :P

Needless to say I feel sorry for Jimmy marrying this woman...

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
                          She was defenetly talking in past tense "once" was in love don't mean now.Davis is a bigger threath for Jimmy than Clark.She is develloping a dangerous obssession for him.
                          At this point, Davis doesn't view Jimmy as competition. He's been questioning their relationship since Toxic. So, when Chloe admitted that their relationship lacked emotional intimacy, he attempted to make a move by telling her how he felt. Jimmy is a non-issue to Davis.

Comment

It was about Clark in the past, and if that is what she is starting to feel now with Davis, then obviously Jimmy is in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
                              I don't think it was a matter of past tense. She said she felt that way once meaning I felt that way *one time only with ONE other person* not that her feelings for that particular person are in the past. If you look at the context of the question and the conversation between Chloe and Davis, Davis didn't ask Chloe have you ever felt this way before? That wasn't the question! He asked her have you ever felt that way with anyone before? And she said once meaning she felt that way one time before with ONE PERSON. So essentially Davis was asking her how many other people have you felt this connection with? And we get the confirmation that they were talking about the number of persons Chloe has had this connection with when Davis ask her was that one person Jimmy? In which she says no.

If they were talking about someone she had past feelings for (that she is supposedly now over) then why did Davis assume she was talking about Jimmy? She is about to marry Jimmy, so it really doesn't make any sense for them to be referring to someone she had past feelings for in the past. They were talking about someone she has feelings for in the present. One would assume, as Davis did, that she would have those same feelings and connection she feels with Davis with Jimmy, since she is about to marry Jimmy. And those feelings would not be something of the past. They would be of the present with Jimmy. So, yeah they are talking about someone she has feelings for in the present but she only felt that way once meaning *one time only with one other person* in her past.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎