Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this make you want a Season 9?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have liked all the episodes this season, so I'm wanting a season 9.

Then again, unlike others, I actually thought season 7 was decent, and I think seasons 5 and 6 were the best Smallville seasons ever. So to me, the show is getting BETTER with time.

Lewis

Comment

At first I thought yes Smallville should be ending given the weakness and uneven approach to the show from Season 4 to Season 7 (Season 7 had great potential but due to the writer's strike, it became very rushed afterwards.) Also with the departure of Michael Rosenbaum, personally I thought it would be tough to pull it off.

And yet I am very happy that I am wrong!

At the present moment, Season 8 is nothing but amazing and has brought back that wonderful feeling I had when I discovered the show around Season 2. First I thought it would be like some overkill with the introduction of Tess, Oli and Doomsday. From watching the recent episodes, these fulltime characters blend in very well with the direction Smallville is heading for Season 8. Hopefully it stays strong and even more so as the season progresses.

On a personal level this show has great meaning to me since during these years Smallville is on, I had some of the best experiences and moments of my life with friends, family, etc. Also Smallville is one of the great shows of the once amazing WB and keeping this show alive keeps the WB legacy going.

So yes please allow a Season 9.

The only gripe I have with Season 8 is that it lacked good music. If it wasn't for this show I would of never discovered amazing bands like Greenwheel and Vonray.
      Last edited by Einhauen; 10-28-2008, 11:18 AM.

Comment

If they continue down this same road, then a season 9 would be good, although I think they need to change the name of the show to "Metropolis."

Seasons 4 and 5 were the best. The show lost its way in Season 6 with the wedding/fake pregnancy story line. Also, it seemed that TPTB abandoned the idea of turning Clark into Superman during those seasons.

Finally, this season, Clark's working at the Planet, getting over Lana, getting into Lois, thinking about a secret identity, and most importantly, SAVING PEOPLE instead of stacking bales of hay and shovelling horse manure.

The series should end when Clark puts on the tights, and flies off into the sunset. Whether that will happen this season or next depends upon how quickly TPTB can correct the missteps they took in seasons 6 and 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Mummbles
          I still can't believe how they axed Kara right after they lost John and two of the main three actors, it just doesn't make any sense in my opinion. But oh well I guess that bridge has already been crossed.
          I found that shocking as well. But in retrospect, she should have been a recurring character like Martian Manhunter or Brainiac. Having her in the main cast caused her to outshine Clark and then we had one more character whose development came at the expense of Clark's development. He looked like a loser compared to her. He was pw'd by Lana, dependent on Chloe, and not as Kryptonian or heroic as his cousin. I did not like watching Clark in that condition and that's why I was turned off by season 7.

I think PS3 knew where they wanted Clark to be in season 8 and in order to do that, they had to remove Kara and Lana from his life and give Chloe her own life and distance from Clark. PS3 would never have the cajones to fire KK, but luckily, KK did not renew her contract.

Comment

Originally posted by dcmarriott
            Finally, this season, Clark's working at the Planet, getting over Lana, getting into Lois, thinking about a secret identity, and most importantly, SAVING PEOPLE instead of stacking bales of hay and shovelling horse manure.
            That is good news. I'd also prefer that he had an apartment in the city, but at least he can catch the #39 Metropolis Transit express bus from Smallville every morning to work. It seems to be a 15-minute trip for him at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
              That is good news. I'd also prefer that he had an apartment in the city, but at least he can catch the #39 Metropolis Transit express bus from Smallville every morning to work. It seems to be a 15-minute trip for him at this point.
              Perheps, they'll do an episode (partially) involving that. Clark runs into another future super hero or someone else from the comics, that is currently living at 344 Clinton. After a series of event, during one or two episodes, the character decides to leave Metropolis and gives Clark the keys to the appartment, just in case, he'll ever get tired of Smallville.

Comment

Bring it on. Season Eight is simply incredible and I think that deserves to be continued for another season. (Crosses fingers for Green Lantern.)

Comment

I voted No -- I'm another one who wasn't blown away by "Prey." But overall, I love where Season 8 is going...

Comment

yes season 9
                    i know some ppl might disagree with me but id totally want smallville to last 10 seasons, and then if it was over id be fine with it but for it to make that 10 season mark would be great lol then we could say smalllville went on for a decade lol

Comment

I do want a Season 9 and it looks like we might get one. Who knows though?

Comment

Oh god I hope so

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                          I definitely am championing a season 9 more than any other season simply because we are finally getting into the stuff we've known was coming all this time. Also, there was an extremely sharp increase in the quality of writing, acting, etc.
                          Agreed

Comment

Season 9! Awesome idea

Originally posted by One-Winged-Angel
                            The success of season 8, especially the latter episodes like prey made me think about a season 9 of the show. I no longer hate the idea of a possible season 9.

I can't say im ashamed of the series like i had to before, and im really loving the episodes like i did in the old days.
                            Season 8 has been a fresh breath of air from the CW, and i can say i honestly hope there will be a season 9!

Although i know this is most unlikely, it's more of a "nice work guys, if you made a season 9 i would watch it" kinda thing.
                            Season 9 sounds like an awesome idea, clark hasn't even flown yet uptil season 7 and the justice league have been hiding in the shadows, season 9 can be an opportunity to reveal other characters like the batman and also put the flash in action. It can also be an opportunity to see the Martian Manhunter in a little more action. They should extend it upto season 10 and pull the wires then, so it can be an even number and also alot can happen in two seasons, you never know! Maybe the green lantern could also be introduced to the smallville fans.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

I hope the show goes on for a few more seasons, we deserve to see a little more of the justice league like the batman and the green lantern. If the show ended after ten seasons it would still be fine at least we would have an even 10 seasons you could also say the show lasted a dacade.
                            Last edited by culstuff123786; 12-03-2008, 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I want a season 9 only if Lana does not show up in it ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny8
                                I want a season 9 only if Lana does not show up in it ever.
                                Chun-Li will not be featured on season 9!

Rid of her finally!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎