Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadow Guy: Would you be a hero or villain?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Guy: Would you be a hero or villain?

Was this a form of Shadow Thief, or a reimagining of the character because he was a part of the Injustice League, as is this new incarnation. What do you guys think?
    Hero, no matter what I'll do what's right. Even with the cops and people against me.
    0%
    I really don't know. Depends on a lot of factors.
    0%
    Villain, that's what they call me. I'm just sick of being called a freak.
    0%

Shadow Guy: Would you be a hero or villain?

"It's nice to have your work recognized after so many years of being the good little boy in the shadows."

In comic books, there isn't typically a fine line between heroes and villains. Sometimes it's based purely upon "you've viewed me this way for so long, lets give you something to really be scared about." It's kind of, simply put, the X-Men versus the Brotherhood.

This is actually part of the reason why some of the meteor freaks stand out to me. Some of them were pure evil, but others? You can kind of see how they became that way. Eric Summers, for example, is another great example.

"Oh, so in time, my parents won't be scared of me. The girl of my dreams won't think I'm a freak. The cops won't be after me. If they're gonna treat me like a criminal, then I'll give them something to be scared about."

Now imagine for a second that you awake to find that you have powers. Are you going to save the world? Are you going to use them to get what you want? Maybe a little bit of both? But, what if the world doesn't accept you - singles you out as a freak, a monster due to being different. Would you go the route of the X-Men? Would you go the route of the brotherhood? Who is ultimately right?

Keep in mind, I'm not talking 'villain' by means of megalomaniacs who want to take over the world. But, those that either just look after themselves or those who have had enough that they finally fight back by becoming exactly what people fear them to be.

-----------

I have a couple sides of me. I'd use powers to have fun, but also to save the world. But, there's a side of me that does view the world through the lens of a villain.

I've used fear to gain the upper hand. I was viewed as a freak and troubled guy to some and I used that perception to instill fear in them as retribution. It took the form of a School outcast/loner. In Middle School, I faked to have an angry split personality and in High School I threatened somebody. Albeit, I'm not too proud of the actions that I have taken throughout the years, but that doesn't prevent or take back what I did. My teacher, in kindegarden, said I'd either be the next Spielberg or Lex Luthor (thus my screen name).

I know that if I ever got powers. I'd initially start trying to live a normal life, trying to save people from time to time whenever I could. But, eventually I'd have enough of being seen as a freak and I'd give them something to really call freak. As Pyro said, "You know all those dangerous mutants you hear about in the news? I'm the worst one."

I just think I'd break under that. Under being viewed through a certain lens just because I'm different. That would get to me after a certain point, it has before. So with the right push - But other than that, I think I'm more Batman due to a separate event I won't delve into, let's just say I used fear again, but this time to save somebody's life. Because it's really two sides of the same coin in a sense. Maybe I'm Two-Face, lol.

----

So if you found yourself with powers and people were constantly singling you out. Would you have enough and break giving them exactly what they fear? Or would you sit back, continue to do what's right and not shift because of it regardless?

This was one of the interesting questions that I believe shadow guy and the whole "kryptofreak witch hunt" really brought about...
    Last edited by Luthor5339; 10-25-2008, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I would love to be the villain.
      I think being the hero has too much responsibility and it takes a lot of courage and perseverance for me.

Comment

It would be a bit of both. As long as no one could be hurt, I'd be willing to break the law to live comfortably. I wouldn't set myself up to be a hero 24/7, like Clark, but I would do something to get rid of child abusers. I hate them. I'd flat out kill them if I could get away with it.

I'd probably be an anti-hero who looked after myself first.

Comment

I'd be both a hero and use my powers to gt what I want. I'd steal money so my family didn't have to suffer and I'd have enough to be on my own for awhile and save lives without having to leave my job(Clark Kent). I'd also try to be Xavier type guy and try to find the others with powers to createa League or something to make sure that the world views us as good people and that together if ther was a threat like a group like the Level five villains from Heroes or Brotherhood type, we could fight back. I also wouldn't have all the morals of Supes. It would be more like Punisher/Daredevil with Supes powers.

Comment

Bump.

I'd like to know others opinions on the matter, since I've never read a Shadow Thief storyline. I enjoy it when Smallville interprets characters from the mythos, and I'm hoping they did it here. I'm going to do some wiki reading to find out more on the character.

Comment

I dont know

but he looked hella cool IMO

Comment

Originally posted by unfocused
                Bump.

I'd like to know others opinions on the matter, since I've never read a Shadow Thief storyline. I enjoy it when Smallville interprets characters from the mythos, and I'm hoping they did it here. I'm going to do some wiki reading to find out more on the character.
                me too . = )
                he was pretty cool .
                what does he do exactly ?
                steal people's shadows ? = P
                that's a pretty cool though . ( y )

Comment

This is a great question . = )
                  - i would be a hero ,
                  they can call me what they want ;
                  but they'll be alive cause of me to call me those names , right ?
                  i'd love to help people .
                  i might keep it a secret ,
                  like clark and oliver ;
                  .. and not tell no one ..
                  but there is no way i would be a villian ,
                  - i just couldn't .

Comment

This scene was definately freaky.

Comment

Did the episode ever say the character's name? If his name was Carl, then he was indeed Shadow Thief. If his name was anything else, then he was just a bad guy with similar powers.

Comment

As much as cool it would be to marry Lex and become the first lady

I know that I have the soul of a heroin inside of me.May be a hero like Green Arrow not too good but,not too bad either.To do what I think is right even if it's illegal sometimes but,it's all for a good cause.I would loved it

Comment

I want to be Dexter! A little bit in between! jk

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎