No announcement yet.

Jimmy...is he just naive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atomic girl
    After last week with Chloe hooked up to a lie detector saying that she has only really loved Jimmy, I think he just feels totally secure. He's not looking for competition, so he doesn't see it.
    i completely agree!

~H

Comment

yeah...he was jealous of Clark for so long, and now that he has gotten over that hump, i don't think he sees Davis as a threat...at least not yet. he was doing anything he could to get the story so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by meteor
        yeah...he was jealous of Clark for so long, and now that he has gotten over that hump, i don't think he sees Davis as a threat...at least not yet. he was doing anything he could to get the story so to speak.
        I'm probably going to get rotten fruit thrown at me, but I have come to see the Chimmy romance as what Chlark would have been if given a chance. When one partner worships the other partner who is WAY more commited to an old love...aka Clana...Badness happens. Lois and Davis are also kind of comparable. While one is good and one is evil, they both have the power to top those who have come before.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn
          I'm probably going to get rotten fruit thrown at me, but I have come to see the Chimmy romance as what Chlark would have been if given a chance. When one partner worships the other partner who is WAY more commited to an old love...aka Clana...Badness happens. Lois and Davis are also kind of comparable. While one is good and one is evil, they both have the power to top those who have come before.
          we were given the impression for a long time that Chimmy was an uneven affair and i agree that it was. only thing is i take "Committed" at face value because i see no reason not to, so i think at this point Jimmy has gotten past the jealousy of Clark as i don't think Chloe feels that way about Clark anymore. as such, i just don't think he has hooked onto the fact there's anything going on between Chloe and Davis because at this point there just isn't any reason for him to..of course that very well may change in the upcoming episodes. if Chloe is starting to have Clarkesque feelings for Davis, then Jimmy is in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiGirl
            When Jimmy went to Davis....was it just me, or did he seem completely oblivious to Davis's feeling or potential motives towards Chloe?When Jimmy said "I checked her phone to see who she's hanging out with..." I think most people would have chuckled...but Davis looked like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Then Davis wont agree to take Jimmy along until he says "then do it for Chloe?" And finally...Davis was just plain cold around Jimmy.

So either Jimmy has to be the most trusting/naive guy in the world. Or he's a super genius thats playing one heck of a mind game. Maybe he knows there's something between Chloe/Davis but he isnt worrying about it...and instead he's using Davis to his advantage???

Yes! I was thinking the same thing during that scene. The joke that Jimmy made is clearly meant to put the agitated Davis at ease, but Davis looked like he was scanning for the nearest exit. It was an odd reaction. Davis stepped back, couldn't maintain eye contact- all indicators that he has the hots for Jimmy's girl.

The 'do it for Chloe' sealed it. I'm not sure why Jimmy dragged his fiance in as a favor in the first place, but that melting through Davis' defensive posturing is definitely a heads up.

I don't think Jimmy knows about Davis' attraction to Chloe. In the past, he's always become emotional and left the situation when he sensed something between Chloe and Clark. With Davis, he was persistent.

The only way I can think that Jimmy isn't wise on Davis' game is Clark. In the past, he's been defensive and it always bit him in the butt with Chloe. Now Chloe's assured him that he's the only one for her (Committed) and Jimmy is on Cloud Nine.
            Jimmy is a little oblivious. Clark should give him 'when you're being played' lessons.

Comment

When Jimmy went to Davis....was it just me, or did he seem completely oblivious to Davis's feeling or potential motives towards Chloe?
              -Jimmy probably thinks that all of Chloe's friends must be "good eggs" so to speak, and he probably heard of how Davis used his contacts to help Bette. So nothing to alarm Jimmy so far.

-Chloe and Davis just met... so in Jimmy's mind nothing to worry about, because for all intents and purposes, Chloe and Davis don't know each other really (no "history")

-Jimmy thinks highly of Chloe and trusts that she wouldn't cross that line/she's not the type of guy to string two guys at once.

Then Davis wont agree to take Jimmy along until he says "then do it for Chloe?"
              Well, Jimmy hardly knows Davis. He can't exactly say, "Do it for ME ol' buddy of mine!" So Jimmy saying "Do it for Chloe!", makes more sense for Jimmy since Chloe is a friend of Davis.

The only reason that this raises the audience hackles is because we saw all the Chloom romantic tension encounters (e.g. the accident scene and bulb changing scene in Plastique, their conversation at the end of Toxic..etc).

Comment

I thought that scene was so funny, I didnīt even notice that Jimmy just didnīt care!

Comment

Jimmy is not naive, just dumb.
                  "Will you do it for Chloe?" - I mean what kind of question is that?? He's your fiance son, so stop pawning her off to other people for favours otherwise it makes you a pimp. Jeez, the man has no respect for the woman.

Not only he got to look like a dumbass but also a chicken. In that scene when Clark rescue him from the shadow and asked him if he's ok, he looks like that he was playing dead. I won't want Chloe to be with him in time of danger, cause he'll just roll over and play dead - how heroic.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                    He's so insecure about Clark he can't even fathom the idea of anyone else liking her. Therapy, Olsen. It's not a bad thing..

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Lazy Boy
                    Jimmy is not naive, just dumb.
                    "Will you do it for Chloe?" - I mean what kind of question is that?? He's your fiance son, so stop pawning her off to other people for favours otherwise it makes you a pimp. Jeez, the man has no respect for the woman.
                    ITA

Thats what aggrivated me about the scene. People keep saying he's dumb...or naive (me included) but then the little moron has enough sense to use his fiance as a playing card. I dont know...now that I think about it more, I dont think Jimmy is dumb at all.

Why else would he mention Chloe? He obviously knows Davis means something to Chloe...so he can assume it goes both ways. All this time he's been worried about Clark/Chloe. So this new guy doesnt phase him at all? I'm not buying it...

I understand he's probably trying to be more secure in the relationship...but sheesh Jimmy, use your eyeballs man! Maybe once he see's Chloe and Davis in a room together and the visible sparks flying between them he'll go "Oh...CRAP!"

But yes, the fact that he had the nerve to say "do it for Chloe?" Irritates me to no end. He used Chloes name to get an interview with Lex...and now he's dropping it to Davis. The boy will seriously do whatever it takes to get his story...which I admire and hate all at once.
                    Last edited by AndiGirl; 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by AndiGirl
                      Jimmy said "I checked her phone to see who she's hanging out with..."
                      Hold on.. Jimmy checks Chloe's phone to see who she's hanging out with? Am I the only person here, who's got a problem with this? Jimmy couldn't really be a nice guy if he's so paranoid that he checks his girlfriends phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        Hold on.. Jimmy checks Chloe's phone to see who she's hanging out with? Am I the only person here, who's got a problem with this? Jimmy couldn't really be a nice guy if he's so paranoid that he checks his girlfriends phone calls.
                        Lol, he said he was just kidding after.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎