View Poll Results: Liked The Martian Manhunter Scenes?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely!

138 91.39%
  • Absolutely not!

2 1.32%
  • It was 'aight. (Neutral).

11 7.28%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Martian Manhunter/John Jones (Everything Related To 'im)

So, what do/did you think? Good, bad, neutral? What did you like, what did you dislike, what do you have questions about...?

If it's about the infamous intergalactic bounty hunter, talk about it 'ere.

I hate to be "that guy", but isn't this a spoiler since there's no official discription posted yet?

Banned
    Don't think so. He's listed as a guest star, I believe?

^^Still, I think you have to wait until after the episode airs to post it.

Banned
    Even though he's a guest start and listed on sites w/o spoilers? For example:

http://www.tv.com/smallville/prey/ep...ide;ep_title;5

TV.com has no spoilers (as far as I know) - just episode descriptions as posted by the Station/Channel/Production Company... so if it's legitimately there without being a spoiler...?

MARTIAN MANHUNTER... MMMM LETS SEEEEEEE...

theres alot to be sad about the martian manhunter of dc compared to smallvilles... as always with smallville theres a bit of a difference.. well like jone jones isn't african american when he shape shifts into a human form from a alien in his comics he's a white middle aged man and a cop.
    but
    i like this martian manhunter slightly a little better.
    obviously he's a shape shifter so being black or white is a choice he can make on a regular basis so it really isn't that big of a deal ..
    but when they took his powers away???? i was kinda lost for words. ok i understand the manhunter afraid of fire but flying to the sun how would that strip him of his powers? maybe make him afraid but i didn't necassarily like that. on top of that in season 6 when bizarro ripped out his liver and he flew off he told clark the reason he healed was exiting the earths atmosphere wheres that healing situation now? if he lost his powers taking clark to the sun how did they get back clark can't fly yet. plus what now we haven't seen him since the premeire when he lost his powers what has he been doing since then ... i really hope that they do something with this guy instead of just telling peole what happened, explain it. and im not threatening but im saying they better do something with the manhunter this episode that redeems him as being one of the strongest members of the JLA.

yes this is the doomsday episode but how many more episode will martian manhunter be in and when will we finally get all the currect members of the smallville jla all in one episode again??? man - o -man but i gues we can't ge everything we want.

i hope that they atleast give the manuntr his powers back this episode

Quote Originally Posted by thebog1 View Post
    Even though he's a guest start and listed on sites w/o spoilers? For example:

http://www.tv.com/smallville/prey/ep...ide;ep_title;5

TV.com has no spoilers (as far as I know) - just episode descriptions as posted by the Station/Channel/Production Company... so if it's legitimately there without being a spoiler...?
    Ah I see...yes you're right, it's not a spoiler. Sorry again for being "that guy". KSite didn't have it yet, so I though it might not have been out.

However still, if he has a 10 second spot in it tonight, then yeah this thread is a little silly, we'll just have to see.

Clark Kent: Mars Investigations's Avatar
    Since when has John been a bounty hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBLUE1 View Post
    MARTIAN MANHUNTER... MMMM LETS SEEEEEEE...

theres alot to be sad about the martian manhunter of dc compared to smallvilles... as always with smallville theres a bit of a difference.. well like jone jones isn't african american when he shape shifts into a human form from a alien in his comics he's a white middle aged man and a cop.
    Actually, John Jones isn't the characters only human identity. In the comics he's also been known as Bloodwynd (who, by the way, is an African American super hero), Bronze Wraith, Fernus, John Jones, John Johnstone, Marco Xavier, Mrs. Klingman, William Dyer, Hino Rei, Betty Nehring, Joan Jones, Brainwave, Blockbuster, Dervish, Johann Johansen, Yuchiro Takata, Bio Armor Jade Warrior, Big Doof, Isobel De La Rosa, Tomasso (a cat) and a homeless boy named Paolo. In the comics Martian Manhunter has over a 1,000 human identities.

Banned
    Lol. over a thousand? Whew.. As for the bounty hunter question, he hunts evil. He was Jor El's 'go to' guy for evil villains. He's a good bounty hounter but one none-the-less...

Forum Regular
    His scenes were alright i guess.Nothing special but not boring.

well i guessi should correct my self but im also glad i said of course being a shape shifter makes him capable of being black or white...or in your case everything you had mentioned.
    since my knowledge of comic books isn't as extensive as yours ill take your word for it but other then that i should look into it .. cause i always thought he came to earth wanted to protect humanity from destruction like what happened to his planet and decided to become a detective to get close to action and then got a bad addiction to oreos!!!!! kudos on that!!!!
    but of course there are many different out-takes on supermans story so yea before i put my foot in my mouth ill have to check up on these things before i get corrected again on my fictional knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    Actually, John Jones isn't the characters only human identity. In the comics he's also been known as Bloodwynd (who, by the way, is an African American super hero), Bronze Wraith, Fernus, John Jones, John Johnstone, Marco Xavier, Mrs. Klingman, William Dyer, Hino Rei, Betty Nehring, Joan Jones, Brainwave, Blockbuster, Dervish, Johann Johansen, Yuchiro Takata, Bio Armor Jade Warrior, Big Doof, Isobel De La Rosa, Tomasso (a cat) and a homeless boy named Paolo. In the comics Martian Manhunter has over a 1,000 human identities.
    That would leave MM as a possibility of who took the crystal, or at least sent that email. Maybe with help from Cyborg/Victor, since the JL met MM in the premiere.

This thread is a spoiler.

You bastard.

Banned
    How's the thread a spoiler?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast