Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martian Manhunter/John Jones (Everything Related To 'im)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Jones must have a little bit of his powers, because if he didn't, wouldn't he have reverted to his Martain form instead of human?

Comment

Originally posted by winthjo
      John Jones must have a little bit of his powers, because if he didn't, wouldn't he have reverted to his Martain form instead of human?
      Yeah, clearly Smallville's Martian Manhunter is still a shapeshifting alien. We saw him transform from his human, African-American form to his true from in Justice & Doom. We also got a Small peak of his true form in the episode Static.
      [IMG]http://images3.*****.nocookie.net/smallville/images/f/fd/True_form.JPG[/IMG]

It very much possible, that he's just faking being powerless to get Clark to step up or he's got some kind of Martian hologram device with him at all times, in case his powers would fail and he'd be unable to stay in human form. A third possibility is also, that he lost all of his powers, exept his shapeshifting ability, only keeping quiet about it, since he's afraid of what Clark's reaction might be, if he knew J'onn doesn't look human. Remember in the comics, the first human to see J'onn in his true form got so scared, he had a heart attack.

Comment

My guess (I'm only this far along plus what's been aired of Season 10) is that if he really did lose his shapeshifting ability, it means he's stuck in the last form he was in (the human one), not that he'd revert back to his original form.

Comment

I hate to bump this but since this is a topic about Martian Man....

I wondered who his "sources" were in getting him the job as a detective. My first thought was Oliver Queen pulling some strings to get him the job. But they hadn't met on screen to that point.....unless they met "offscreen" prior to episode 8-5. That said, it was probably someone else but I wonder who.

Comment

Don't think that they ever answered that. Though, I'm glad that it was neither Chloe or Oliver (the former having already created a human identity for Kara). It means that J'onn have friends and allies, that Clark have likely never encountered. My pet peeve with "Justice" was that the team was exclusive: guys that Clark have met. Independent of Clark, Oliver's recruited a team... Consisting of nothing but three guys with past experiences with Clark Kent (whom Oliver just happened to have run into, across the world). No new guy (or woman), that Clark doesn't know. It just shrinks the universe.

J'onn J'onzz getting his civilian human identity from another source than Chloe (who had already created one for Kara, and would do it again for hundreds of Kandorians in season 9), helps the feeling that there is a big massive world out there (filled with countless DC characters, that Clark never encountered during the show's run... like James "Jimmy" Bartholomew Olsen, Clark only met Henry James "Jimmy" Olsen). That every DC superhero (with an assumed civilian identity) doesn't have to show up in Smallville and meet Clark (and Chloe), just so that they can acquire a fake identity.
            Last edited by jon-el87; 08-27-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎