Special Effects in "Prey"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good for the most part. He didn't use heat vision either, unless i missed it

Comment

Originally posted by lrog127
      Weird that you mentioned that, I thought the exact same thing! It confused me cause when I saw the blur i was like.."wait he wasn't wearing his coat..." i don't know..
      I thought the exact same thing. I immediately said, "Wait, did he change into THRJ?"

Comment

i liked special effects in this episode

Comment

Originally posted by lrog127
          Weird that you mentioned that, I thought the exact same thing! It confused me cause when I saw the blur i was like.."wait he wasn't wearing his coat..." i don't know..
          I think the effect was meant to show us his increased speed since last season. If you remember when Wally West (Flash) first showed up, at the end of the episode the two had a race. THey were even until Wally kicked it up a notch and essentially looked like a bright red streak of light, indicating his closing in on lightspeed he's moving so fast.

Through this episode (and even eps past this season) Clark's speed effect has been more of a Flash type blur, maybe indicating he's reaching a level of speed close to light or beyond as his comic counterpart.

Comment

My favorite special effect was the green haze the Shadow Killer made in Clarks xray vision. Very awesome.

Comment

special FX were great, the superjump was great, except i feel the look of clark when he landed could've been done abit better. he landed crouched, but stood up too fast, sorta looked crappy. all in all it was good, and his confidence was shown, he didn't hessitate, he sorta looked up and had a look of confidence to get up to where he wanted to go, almost as if clark is finally grasping the fact he can and will defy gravity (fly).

Oh and yes,colors will get brighter, and can change when affected by velocity, and acceleration...i agree the cgi for clarks draft is abit bright, but they sorta did put some physics into it. it's hard to show special powers without the use of special FX or cgi for that matter, but realistically you would not see a draft from clark unless the impact of the air/wind velocity against him was great, and that would mean his moving with alot of force when superspeeding or jumping for that mater. If you could picture a jet, and video tape the air speed flowing around and behind the jet when it moves at great speeds, well thats' how i see clark...he must be moving precisely with great force, speed to create a draft of any sort....kinda goes to show you how strong he really his,lol.

Comment

How can he fly at that moment?This plot had not be descript in the episode.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎