Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Arthur has stolen Peter's powers...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that Arthur has stolen Peter's powers...

Why doesn't he go wild with the time travel ability? He can go back in time and make all sorts of changes, and make the world the way he wants it. We've seen that travellers are unaffected by changes they make in timelines in this show's convenient setup, and that the past can be changed, so why doesn't he just go nuts? If he doesn't, that is a serious plot hole as far as I'm concerned. The world should be utterly doomed now that a real villain has the time travel/teleportation power (arguably the greatest of all standalone powers--not including power stealing/copying/learning ie.Arthur/Peter/Sylar).

He can go back in time to make sure there is no one powerful enough to stop him, ever. That includes eliminating or neutralizing the biggest threats, like Hiro and maybe the Haitian, and possibly even Sylar.

But they're probably just going to go the predictable "over confident" route with him, meaning he won't feel the need to do anything like this, because he thinks he's already an unstoppable Big Bad Papa. But if a clown like Hiro goes back in time and kills your momma Arthur, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you--and your momma. That's right--nothin'. heh

(this show sure is silly/over the top isn't it guys....I mean look at what I'm discussing here for God's sake...lol, only on Heroes.)
    Last edited by Xanderman; 10-22-2008, 03:44 PM.

I'm not sure he knows he has that power... yet

Comment

Possibly, but he seems to be this Italian "mob boss" type figure, who is "in the know" on a lot of things. I mean doesn't he "know people who know people"? lol I would assume he had eyes and ears monitoring his family's activities in some way...for him to be completely ignorant of Peter's activities seems unlikely. Afterall, Future Peter visited/interacted with a number of people in the past/present. And Peter teleports around all the time. I doubt all these things were happening without Arthur knowing or hearing about them. He's like the freakin godfather of Heroes, you can't keep secrets from him. lol (he must know Peter acquired Hiro's talents)
      Last edited by Xanderman; 10-22-2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Maybe he knows, like Hiro knows, that meddling in the past is not a good idea. Maybe they've done it before. I'm guessing Hiro's father's ability is time/space control also as it seems the offspring's powers seem to be similar to their parents'

Comment

Hiro's father's ability was not chronospacialkinises (TM) but probability analysis.

Thus far the only ability of Peter's he's demonstrated is the one he saw Peter use...

Major plot hole though if he doesn't even mention the time travel. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by christian_kryptonian
            Maybe he knows, like Hiro knows, that meddling in the past is not a good idea. Maybe they've done it before.
            Possibly, but keep in mind Hiro's dad was basically a good guy, so he was one to care if things get worse from meddling (like if much of the world gets screwed). Arthur, on the other hand, seems like exactly the kind of bastard to not give a damn. If he messes up other people's lives to make his own better, or to create a world he likes, I'm sure he wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Comment

heres a crazy idea as to why he wouldn't go back in time and kill/steal everyones powers.

BECAUSE ITS A T.V. SHOW - it needs a story and long live hood to make more money.

Hows that for a reason? (gosh) you guys talk about this like its a REAL EVENT. its a damn T.V. Show, enjoy the story as it goes. people have their reasons. which is why there called "characters" because they have "characteristics" thus giving reason to actions.

Comment

Yeah, while I agree that he should completely go crazy with all his abilities, the show would end pretty fast and everyone would hate the writers. That's why Peter doesn't always use the right power when he should, because if he was smart enough to use the right power for every situation, he would be completely unstoppable and the show would be pretty boring.

Comment

^yeah I realize Peter was made stupid/gullible/easily manipulated/tricked to balance out his godlike power. I've accepted Peter's stupidity. But Arthur is another story. For him not to employ these powers to his maximum advantage is not believable to me. Unless they go the predictable "over confident" route of course, as I said above.

And Red Spider, thanks for stating the obvious but you do realize you're on a Heroes fan forum, don't you? If I sound like I'm discussing it like it's "real", it might be because I'm a fan that happens to enjoy talking about it that way, for purposes of discussion/entertainment. How's that for a crazy idea.
                  Last edited by Xanderman; 10-23-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                    And Red Spider, thanks for stating the obvious but you do realize you're on a Heroes fan forum, don't you? If I sound like I'm discussing it like it's "real", it might be because I'm a fan that happens to enjoy talking about it that way, for purposes of discussion/entertainment. How's that for a crazy idea.
                    That was pure win, right there.

As for this whole power thing, does this mean that Arthur has the power of mimicry now too?

Comment

Gosh, I can't believe you people.

You're the kinds of people that would spend time analyzing literary works, aren't you?!

I bet you all are the kind who, when you read a book, think about what's happening, or try to uncover some depth to it.

I bet you're the kind of people who actually care about if the tv show you're watching makes sense or is more than popcorn "GORE VIOLENCE PLOT TWIST".

What is wrong with you?

Shut your brains down, bring yourselves down to the lowest common denominator, and do not dare to try to think about anything you read or watch. EVER. Even if you enjoy doing so.

ESPECIALLY if you enjoy doing so.

/sarcasm

Arthur already seems to have some kind of dreamtime ability. He was able to invade Angela's dream, manipulate it, and use it to incapacitate her. If he's connected to the dreamtime somehow, he's already got some kind of time-power. Another dream character, Deavaux, was able to pull people out of the future. It's possible that the abilities he already had are both more subtle, more controllable, and more powerful than Hiro's, and so he'd choose to rely on them instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎