No announcement yet.

Differences in Flight

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in Flight

Compare West's flight to Nathan Petrelli's.

They seem to be completely different. Nathan appears to propell himself allong like a rocket whilst west seems to glide. It would seem this gives nathan the advantage due to extra speed but he doesnt seem to be able to carry people as well. This is seen when he carries parkman with difficulty. West seems to carry claire with ease and he does so whilst holding her in front of him. Although the issue with carrying people may be to do with Claire being smaller and lighter than parkman.

Anyone else notice this or think about their flight? Does this mean in theory peter could learn to fly in two different ways?

I like the way West flew much better than the way they show Nathan's.

Just like the future vision where the businessmen with briefcases flew.

Comment

I think one might be propuslion-based while the other is gravity-based. Even so, Nathan did manage "slower" flight when he rescued Tracey.

Comment

They are the same i think. When he flew up to save peter in s1 it was slow. when they showed him hovering over the car in s1 when his wife was in the car that crippled her he was just hanging out. Its just how they showed us.
        Petes never met West why would he fly in two diff ways?

Comment

I don't think the writers have really defined the different character's flight patterns enough yet.

Comment

Well if peter did meet west then he could in theory fly in a different way.

I like to think the two powers are different as the two men got them in different ways however its mroe likely that the effects department havent set a standard for flying.

Comment

On one of the commentaries last season they talked about how they intentionally made them different. Nathan's was much more immediate, and aggressive, while West's is slower, more fluid but slightly more awkward. Both were meant to reflect their owner's personality.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎