Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 52 of 52
  1. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Location
    line has been discontinuued (sobs)
    Posts
    1,147
    If Lois is later blind to a pair of glasses and a suit changing Superman to Clark then there was no chance in hell of her even seeing Clark use his superpowers.

    She will never see Clarks powers because see will never come to terms that he could even possess any.

    She would think she was hallucinating.

  2. #47
    Mr. Not-So Comatose xrayvision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,817
    Quote Originally Posted by individuall View Post
    ^heat vision is invisible to the characters on the show. The red special FX are for the viewers...EX. Clark used his heat vision in front of everyone in 'Devoted' to knock out a pipe...Also he used it in front of Alicia to destroy a tape and she had to ask him how he did it..She didn't see the beams from his eyes...
    That's not true. In Promise when Lana trapped Chloe so she could see if Clark had powers, she reacted specifically to when she saw his eyes shooting heat beams that welded the door he ripped off back on its hinges. It was right after the camera focused on the red beams that her eyes opened wide with shock.

  3. #48
    Battle Troll DJ Doena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,109
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayvision View Post
    That's not true. In Promise when Lana trapped Chloe so she could see if Clark had powers, she reacted specifically to when she saw his eyes shooting heat beams that welded the door he ripped off back on its hinges. It was right after the camera focused on the red beams that her eyes opened wide with shock.
    Yeah it depends on the episode. Individuall is correct that neither Alicia nor Lois seemed to have seen the heat vision. Nor did anyone else when it was first introduced in Heat when Clark accidentally burned the movie screen or later the Talon. Only Lana did seem to see them twice. In Arrival when she witnessed the Kryptonians decimating the police force and in Promise.

  4. #49
    Posting Pro Aurora Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayvision View Post
    That's not true. In Promise when Lana trapped Chloe so she could see if Clark had powers, she reacted specifically to when she saw his eyes shooting heat beams that welded the door he ripped off back on its hinges. It was right after the camera focused on the red beams that her eyes opened wide with shock.
    Smallville often had a bad habit of retcon-ing things or completely ignoring past continuity if the facts didn't fit the narrative they wanted to go for in a certain ep.

    The fact is, in past continuity nobody was able to see the heat vision he had going on... it wasn't a visible red beam of light like in other shows. so Lana shouldn't had been able to see it, unless she was reacting to the fact that Clark was obviously heating something up just by looking at it. which would make far more sense.

  5. #50
    Custom Title jon-el87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,978
    We've seen Clark use his heat vision to light candles. We've seen him use it, to destroy an entire building and evaporate a lake (in less than a second). Clearly, his heat vision has multiple levels to it. It's possible, that the beams become more visible, the more intense he makes them (while lower levels appears nearly invisible to the human eye). In "Devoted", all he did was increase the temperature of an already hot pipe, until it blew. In "Promise", he used it to weld a door. A task that would require a higher temperature and more precision, than with the pipe (resulting in more visible beams).

  6. #51
    Posting Pro Aurora Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    We've seen Clark use his heat vision to light candles. We've seen him use it, to destroy an entire building and evaporate a lake (in less than a second). Clearly, his heat vision has multiple levels to it. It's possible, that the beams become more visible, the more intense he makes them (while lower levels appears nearly invisible to the human eye). In "Devoted", all he did was increase the temperature of an already hot pipe, until it blew. In "Promise", he used it to weld a door. A task that would require a higher temperature and more precision, than with the pipe (resulting in more visible beams).
    That actually makes a lot of sense. Head canon accepted.

  7. #52
    Mr. Not-So Comatose xrayvision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,817
    Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    We've seen Clark use his heat vision to light candles. We've seen him use it, to destroy an entire building and evaporate a lake (in less than a second). Clearly, his heat vision has multiple levels to it. It's possible, that the beams become more visible, the more intense he makes them (while lower levels appears nearly invisible to the human eye). In "Devoted", all he did was increase the temperature of an already hot pipe, until it blew. In "Promise", he used it to weld a door. A task that would require a higher temperature and more precision, than with the pipe (resulting in more visible beams).
    I can buy this. My only issue is they should have used the old heatvision effect (the one that look like a distortion from heat waves coming from a barbecue grill if you look above it in the summer) for lower level heatvision that can't be seen by other characters and the red beam effects for higher level heatvision that could be seen by other characters. There's no reason they shouldn't have been able to do that by season 8 when they had both effects to their use.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •