Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Settling In

Clark's secret exposed?

I was just wondering if Clark's secret has been exposed. Does Lois know that he is special? Did she notice that after he rescued her, his scares in his forehead was no longer there? I don't know what to think.

Btw: By far the best episode of the season, can't wait untill next week.

Whedon Worshipper Hopefulsuicide's Avatar
    well i didn't notice

but looking back, your quite right, they are completely gone when he unties her...

but if we can miss it, i guess she can too

I'm pretty sure Lois was in an emotional state so difficult he could have turned fluourescent purple, and she wouldn't have noticed/

Posting Pro
    Knowing Lois, she may not have even noticed that he had booboos on his lip and forehead in the first place. After all, she was recovering from being drugged, kidnapped, and subjected to the crazy cosmo lie detector test game show thing.

I thought the look Lois gave Clark when he appeared out of the smoke was a "What the hell just happened?" kind of look.

The look she gave made me think she knew Clark did something amazing but she was too caught up in the moment to really put much thought into it.

She doesn't know he has special powers but I think she knows that he is bad ass when he has to be

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin24 View Post
    I thought the look Lois gave Clark when he appeared out of the smoke was a "What the hell just happened?" kind of look.

The look she gave made me think she knew Clark did something amazing but she was too caught up in the moment to really put much thought into it.

She doesn't know he has special powers but I think she knows that he is bad ass when he has to be
    I like that about SV Clark is that he isn't wimpy acting. He can be himself most of the time but has to be careful not to be seen using his abilities. I think Lois likes Clark being the MAN...Lois doesn't know Clark is super powered or an alien but does know he isn't afraid to defend or fight for his friends when they are in trouble.

Also, how did she not seem him use his powers. He sat there and did heat vision right in front of her.

^heat vision is invisible to the characters on the show. The red special FX are for the viewers...EX. Clark used his heat vision in front of everyone in 'Devoted' to knock out a pipe...Also he used it in front of Alicia to destroy a tape and she had to ask him how he did it..She didn't see the beams from his eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by individuall View Post
    ^heat vision is invisible to the characters on the show. The red special FX are for the viewers...EX. Clark used his heat vision in front of everyone in 'Devoted' to knock out a pipe...Also he used it in front of Alicia to destroy a tape and she had to ask him how he did it..She didn't see the beams from his eyes...
    That could just as easily have meant "how did you shoot fire from your eyes."
    I don't like the idea of not being able to see his heat vision. It's certainly true that he can change intensity, and make it very hard to see. What I could fathom is that it's somewhat slowed down for the audience, so when he does bursts like he did, it's difficult for characters, but if he were to hold a steady flow, it would be noticeable.

She knows there's something weird about him.but,she acts like she has never noticed.She has enough respect for him to wait until he is ready to tell her.

I don't know if she knows or not, probably not, because she didn't see him use the heat vision in 'Devoted' and then the steam/mist from the pipes on top of the fact that she had been drugged probably made her not know what was going on. I can't see the writer's allowing Lois to know about Clark's powers just yet. I think she knows Clark head-butted the insane jewler, and then he escaped some how. I don't think she realizes how though.

Quote Originally Posted by REebee52 View Post
    That could just as easily have meant "how did you shoot fire from your eyes."
    I don't like the idea of not being able to see his heat vision. It's certainly true that he can change intensity, and make it very hard to see. What I could fathom is that it's somewhat slowed down for the audience, so when he does bursts like he did, it's difficult for characters, but if he were to hold a steady flow, it would be noticeable.
    Well Alicia asked 'How did you do that' When he destroyed the tape...And he answered something like 'I used my heat vision" or something like that...I forget the exact quote. I'm pretty sure it's invisible on the show...Just because of 'Devoted' He used in front of the football players, cheerleaders, and Lois and Chloe...And they didn't notice a thing...Except the pipe bursting suddenly...But who knows you may be correct...

Why didn't Lois ask Clark about his powers?

I don't understand why Lois didn't ask Clark about his powers. She clearly saw them being used since he used heatvision right in front of her (which humans could see since Lana saw it in Promise). In Devoted when Clark used it in front of her, her attention was on the football players & cheerleaders who were about to attack her, Chloe, and Clark. But in Commitment, her attention would have been on Clark & the crazed jeweler.

Humans cannot see the heat vision, I believe. I'm pretty sure that in Promise, Lana did not see it. I don't even think the viewers saw it when we were looking at it from her POV.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonR View Post
    Humans cannot see the heat vision, I believe. I'm pretty sure that in Promise, Lana did not see it. I don't even think the viewers saw it when we were looking at it from her POV.
    Well, I would think that humans can't see it since it would be infra-red, but Lana certainly reacted to it when he used it in Promise. And Isobel & her 2 witches saw it when Clark used it in Spell when they possessed Lana, Chloe, and Lois. I still disagree with heatvision being able to repel objects like it did in Spell and a few other episodes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast