No announcement yet.

Pa petrelli

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pa petrelli

hmm, dunno if this occured to anyone, but now that we know that sylar and peter are brothers, pa petrelli's power seems to make the most sense out of any of the parent powers i think.

i mean all sons are given basically almost the same power as their birth father, or a variation like with claire and her mother

but peter can empathically take peoples powers, and basically have them all. sylar, can understand how things work and aquire powers like that

pa petrelli seems to be the merger of the two, just by touching the person, he seems to be able to take the person's power just like peter does empathically, and automatically understand how they work, just like sylars powers. but his power also takes it one step further, as when he takes the ability, so far it seems to fully strip the person of the powers as well, and in adams case...well he was 400 years old, his power was the only thing keeping him alive, once it was stripped, his cells would have degraded, so i saw that coming

so yeh....thats basically my theory, any other theories on papa petrelli?

Nathan can only fly though.

Comment

Theory makes sense to me. Parkman has his dad's power. Athur's sons have the power to take other people's powers one way or another.
      Nathan's powers were unnaturally given to him. He was born a normal child, then genetically altered to receive the power of flight.

Comment

I must agree Sylar and Peter are like their father but Nathan is just syntetic crab

Comment

my question is, this "team" he is putting together...

I think he wants the bad guys for the team

I think he wants Hiro, Matt, and the African guy to suck their powers.

Why would he need Matt when he has Matt's dad? Same power, more evolved.

Comment

He want Matt because he cant be all over the world in same time and he want to build an army thats why he stole the formula, he need people with abilities not just abilities like Sylar

Comment

When Daphne said (paraphrasing) "You were not supposed to kill him, that would prove you were a good guy" makes me think the new "Team" is supposed to be a group of Heroes, however, the way Papa Petrelli killed Adam, I can't be sure which way they are going with it.

Comment

Thats just Daphne's interpretation, not the companies. She doesn't want to kill people, but she is compelled to help Arthur because he holds something over her head that we don't know about yet. She has no choice.

If she did, it was implied several times that she would walk away, like she tried to when Linderman basically forced her not to.

Plus she is beocming disgusted as she is seeing how all of these ppl she is teamed with, and how they act. Knox made Hiro kill Ando, so now she doesn't care for Knox or Hiro. She thinks Suresh is evil now too once she saw his cocoons. Flint is a no brainer evil.

Comment

I had a thought...what if pa Patrelli's powers are synthetic? Would explain why Peter did not have them, and why he hadn't absorbed any one else's powers when given the chance previously. Maybe...his 'suicide' attempt was part of a deal with Linderman? Remember, Ma Patrelli and Linderman were buddy buddy in season one, perhaps Pa Patrelli was in on that too. Linderman may have experimented on him, giving him the synthetic abilities (perhaps that formula was based off of his sons) and was supposed to heal him, but got himself dead before he got the chance too.

Comment

i don't get why pa petrelli has power to get into people's minds like matt parkman's dad, since he obviously hasn't taken that power away from parkman's dad.

or is it just another ability pa petrelli has?

Comment

^I don't think he can get into people's minds. In the previous episode he simply made Parkman's dad read his mind by looking at him and gave him orders. A bit like Angela did with Parkman in season 2 when she got arrested for Kaito's murder and Parkman tried to read her mind. They had a conversation in their minds, but the one asking questions and reading the answers from Angel's mind was only Parkman.
                      I suppose Parkman's dad is responsible for Angela's current paralysis, not Mr Petrelli.

Comment

well keep in mind, pa petrelli has been around for a while with that power absorption power, and as heroes has shown has, theres never just one person with that one unique ability, so im sure someone other than parkmans dad had that power back in the day, and pa petrelli took it from him

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                          Nathan can only fly though.

Ya but Nathan didnt have powers and they gave them to him.. so it wasnt genetic.. it was forced.

And I definately see where you are coming from with Pa Petrelli's powers being a mix of Sylars and Peters.. that totally makes sense.. and I think the whole reason Peter's powers got taken.. is so he wouldn't have Sylars power anymore. I'm sure he will get the others back somehow.. or at least his original power....

Stupid Pa Petrelli and his killing Adam!! GRR!

He is a cool bad guy but... still man.. thats not fair!

Comment

Originally posted by Lex'sLover
                            Ya but Nathan didnt have powers and they gave them to him.. so it wasnt genetic.. it was forced.

And I definately see where you are coming from with Pa Petrelli's powers being a mix of Sylars and Peters.. that totally makes sense.. !
                            thats what i thought, but to be honest peter and sylar's powers are pretty different in actuality, peter can automatically absorb powers by being near someone with them, while sylar can figure out how things work and has a hunger for power, meaning he has to cut people's heads open to get that power.

if sylar didn't have the power to cut people's heads open with his mind, his power would seem very different to peter's, unless he felt the need to do it physically without powers (that would be even more gruesome!)

Comment

Well ya.. they are different.. I think that tam123 was just saying that they relate and are alike in ways that connect them and make it seem genetic.. because all three powers... pa petrelli, Peter and Sylar deal with taking powers... which connects them.

Sylar cutting peoples head open has nothing to do with Sylars original power. Sylar had to kill someone to get that power... he couldnt do that right away.. he had to kill them the old fashion way until he got that power and could actually cut peoples heads open. His power is the hunger to know how things work and ability to absorb them through the brain or whatever he does... not the cutting the head open.. he got that long the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎