No announcement yet.

Adam's death

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
    LOL I won't be surprised if they find a way to bring him!
    I don't see why they would bring him back for just two episodes, with such a limited amount of scenes.
    I started to like his character way more in these past 2 episodes and his humor with Hiro/Ando *forgets he killed Hiros dad*. Theres so much more we need of his character.
    Exactly.. well.. lets hope for the bringing him back from the dead. they tend to do that alot anyways.. why not for Adam lol

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
      Anyway, I'm right with you on this Ninth. It was a stupid death. So stupid, so pointless and quick that it begs for a reversal thru time travel (Hiro to the rescue?). Perhaps they intended this for shock value only, and plan on bringing him back later. Because that was way too stupid a way to end his character, from a logical standpoint and also a story standpoint, as you said.
      I hope a time travel reversal will "undo" his death because it was really pointless. A time travel reversal does seem to be the only thing that will "undo" that nasty bug thing that Mo' is turning into so why not use it use two birds with one stone.

Comment

Adam Monroe is possibly not dead. Here's why.

Parkman Sr. was still alive when Adam was "killed", and who did Parkman Sr. report to last season before Pa Petrelli? Yep, Monroe.

A lot of people have pointed out that the whole "ashes effect" just makes no sense. It's wonky, even for Sci-Fi, and Adam had to have been exposed to the Haitian at some point in his history with the company and survived.

So it's simple. Pa Petrelli steals Adam's power, and the whole resulting "ashes" effect was an illusion by Parkman Sr. to save Monroe. They further set precedent for this by having Parkman Jr. pull this off successfully to save himself and Daphne.

Monroe could easily be hiding right now somewhere without his power.

So why would Parkman Sr. do this? I'm betting Parkman saved Monroe to enlist him to further safeguard Parkman's son from Pa Petrelli.
        Last edited by Cocles; 11-02-2008, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocles
          Parkman Sr. was still alive when Adam was "killed", and who did Parkman Sr. report to last season before Pa Petrelli? Yep, Monroe.
          Did he really though? Maybe Maury was already in league with Arthur Petrelli even then and Adam/Kensei's plan of revenge against The Company simply went along with their agenda at the time. I hope not though because I sure do like your spec that Maury saved Adam. All he'd have to do is place a little mind mojo to make it look like Adam dies while at the same time pumping a little blood into Arthur to heal him up so that it would "look" like he stole his power and killed Adam in the process. Afterall, after Arthur steals Peter's powers away like an hour later, he'd be none the wiser anyways. It could work!

Comment

Very interesting theory, Cocles. I hope you're right! Otherwise Adam's death would truly and forever be one of the dumbest things this series has ever done. (And even if that's not what happened, there are other ways to bring Adam back of course....namely, with time travel. The ultimate el cheapo cheat.)

And as RedPhoenix pointed out, it's also possible he never stole Adam's power at all there, and only got his blood. Could have all been part of the illusion.

If we extend this further, maybe Maury isn't dead either? Maybe his own death was an illusion too. Because that was a pointless/quick/stupid death as well.

The only problem I see with this theory, is that I'm not sure Arthur is susceptible to mind manipulation. He seems to have an original mind power of his own--recall, he invaded Angela's dream state and put her into a coma. What's more, Maury seemed quite terrified of Arthur, even when he was ill/weak. This to me implies Maury is no match for whatever Arthur's mind power is.
            Last edited by Xanderman; 11-02-2008, 05:01 PM.

Comment

i hope he is gone for good.

They can't keep using time travel to fix their mistakes. I really appreciate that they didn't actually bring linderman back and it was a head trip. When i first saw linderman I was like WTF?

Sorry, I agree that Adam was a great character but they can't keep using time travel to fix what fans don't like. They made a choice and should stick with it.

I like cocles explanation though, if somehow maury pulled it off that would be great, it would go along with my theory that maury isn't dead and it was an illusion to mess with Daphne's head.

But I don't think Patrelli would fall for an illusion to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                But I don't think Patrelli would fall for an illusion to be honest.
                Neither do I, as it doesn't add up with the fact that Maury was clearly terrified of him. He would only be so scared if Arthur has a mind ability of his own, a superior one.

But still, Adam's (and also Maury's) deaths both seemed too stupid/badly written to be permanent or what actually happened. But it's not like Heroes hasn't done stupid things before of course, so, who knows what's what anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                  They made a choice and should stick with it.
                  They chose to have a time traveler on the show, they shouldn't just ignore the implications.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                    They chose to have a time traveler on the show, they shouldn't just ignore the implications.
                    The time traveller hates Adam Monroe. I see a conflict of interests.

Also the Time Traveller refuses to go into the past to change the future. I see a conflict of interests.

Both of the agencies hated Adam Monroe, even if they had another time traveller on hand? I see a conflict of interests.

What's the chances coincidence is on Adam's side and his secret lover is a time traveller? Then he wouldn't have been in the coffin for months.

Comment

Arthur Petrelli can time travel now.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                        Arthur Petrelli can time travel now.
                        True enough but if he goes back and stops himself from taking Adam's power then he doesn't have Adam's power and a time line shift will happen. We don't know what will happen to someone from the future residing in the past when the future changes. And they left Peters GF in the future with no explanation of what happened to her to leave it open.

Comment

He can go back and bring Adam from another time line (Darn Paradoxes).

I still want to see what happened to Caitlin.

Comment

Same here, it seems like they forgot about her or something. I mean, how Peter haven't travel to look for her? well, when he had his powers that's it

Comment

I am pretty sure with how Adam responded when he saw Arthur that he is not one of Arthurs favorite people.

Why would Arthur want to bring someone back who he doesn't need anymore and never seemed to like in the first place?

Comment

I dont see how he can come back from that and if he does then it better be a good explanation cause there are too many silly and easy explanations in the series already. if they need to do something they just mess with time, kinda of a cop out

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎