Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Rather See?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go for Dick in College, before he becomes Nightwing. You can still have all your love angsty relationship drama, but at the same time having Dick become the detective he is destined to be. Plus he would already have a basis for his athletic and fighting skills, as well as batgadgets galore.

Plus wouldn't it be sweet to have a Bruce Wayne 10 second cameo in the pilot saying goodbye to Dick as Robin?

Comment

I still got a feeling that they only wanna do this cause of the success of TDK, and not that they think they could do t if that makes sense.

Comment

I prefer a younge bruce wayne or at Least tim Drake but the graysons can develope into a good show

Comment

My first vote would go to a Green Arow spin off heavily focused on his life IN the Justice League...

But if Dick is the guy they are trying to push for, then i suppose having him post Robin would be their best bet...Smallville has set up a Super Hero presence for this network...it would be a shame to offer a show about a Kid with no experience...A pre-Nightwing show could at least have Dick ready for a lot of action...the last thing i want to see is a teen soap opera without any...
          Last edited by cksidekick; 11-02-2008, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I voted "Other". I'd love a spinoff featuring Andrea Rojas/Acrata, possibly with Nick Yang and meteor freak Byrne Moore as allies. Maggie Swayer could finally get the character evolution she'd deserve IMO. It could be set mainly in Suicide Slums, with often trips to the main area of Metropolis, but never going to Smallville or the Daily Planet (as those are Clark's "Sunnydale" domains). I'd find this interesting because 1) I loved Andrea in her Season 5 episode & the Vengeance Chronicles spinoff, 2) it could serve as a nifty differentiating series from the Justice League element going on in Smallville, and 3) it could reinforce the "woman power" message back to television that hasn't really been established for quite a while IMO.

I wouldn't like a Green Arrow spinoff, sorry. I found it hard to like Oliver early on and have increasingly so as of late in regard to how he treats Tess, plus a lot of his character back-story and evolution have & are already being done on Smallville. Unlike Andrea, he seems more independent on Clark IMO and not really as compelling. What would we get, 22 episodes of Justin shirtless and probably only half the eps featuring him as Green Arrow, I just can't envision getting any genuine entertainment out of it. Justin's a great actor, don't get me wrong, and his Green Arrow character is compelling enough to be entertaining on Smallville, but his own show? There may be a reason Justin's had two pilots shot down (Aquaman included), he really only seems to have been put in Season 8's opening credits because of the glaring void left behind by Kristin and Michael, while also to put the cast regulars to a full "7".

I'm sorry if it seems I'm coming off as bashing Justin or his character, that's not what I'm trying to do and I hope I didn't convey that notion in my post.
            Last edited by SSJConan; 11-02-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Andrea could join the league or work with them as she isn't ready to be part of a team yet and still wants to be independent. I think it could work. She could also have a romance with AC or even Ollie at some point.

Comment

Green Arrow Spin-off

Comment

I would like to see a justice leagues show, but if we're sticking to dick grayson i believe the time in his life when he is pulling away from batman to become nightwing would be pretty sick. The teen titans would have a big role (and i love the titans).

Comment

idk if im the only one but i would love to see some sort of teen titans show

Comment

^ I second that. One thing the cartoon was successful at showing is that there's a wealth of stories and relationships (both conflicting and supportive) that make the Titans dynamic work on screen.

I see TT as a perfect Sci-Fi network show. As for The CW, I think a show with superheroes that wear costumes, is an uphill battle in comparison to the more conservative superhero genre that Smallville and HEROES revitalized. We haven't seen a "successful" superhero series in which the hero(es) are in all their spandex-clad/makeup glory since the days of the Incredible Hulk (The TV series) and Lois and Clark The New Adventures of Superman.

The appeal of the Titans is the obvious: The team consists of teens that struggle through everyday issues along with saving the planet from an evil-plotted crisis every month. For example, maybe while they are trying to rescue Raven from the grasp of Trigon, they are dealing with Speedy's drug problem. Or Cyborg's initial public shame in the external machinery attached to most of his body.

A show like that would easily have a following...and if managed the right way, the price tag wouldn't be too unbearable. But being completely honest I don't think its likely...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎