No announcement yet.

Lois wearing the Football Jersey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by individuall
    Question? When did he say he wasn't into sports anymore?
    a couple of episode before, I just can`t seem to remember which one ... but he said it ... I thought that was ODD as well ... go figure!!

Comment

So yes both girls have worn a jersey...But I honestly don't see how this is like the 'Chlark' moment at all.../
      You kidding its totally a Chlark moment like the desk one that nobody can EVER sit in oppsite desks cause that was Chlark.

Conclusion, we are suppose to respect the "shallow" (a certain similarities on the visual) and forget the context of the scene (no pining in a football shirt, or actually working on the desk)

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
        Without mentioning that Chlark shot at the Daily ... so what is going to be their next brillant copy cat??
        I'm expecting them to deconstruct every Chlark moment there is over the course of the season.

I don't think it was a deliberate punch at any ship
        I know I can be overly sensitive but in this case I feel I'm right, in fact I'm pretty sure of it. Tearing down one ship to build up another seems to be their MO this season.

You kidding its totally a Chlark moment like the desk one that nobody can EVER sit in oppsite desks cause that was Chlark.
        I'm glad people are seeing the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
          i hope it doesnt symoblise that Chloe was Practice and Lois is the Real thing

kinda cheapens Chlark a bit
          I think that is part of the subtext and it is not sitting right with people. But, Chloe chose to put on that practice jersey and hit on Clark, albeit while under a love potion.

Like I said before, it would be more dignified for Chlark and Chloe if they had a more Superman-like guy sweep Chloe off her feet to the point that she just laughs to herself at the thought that she ever threw herself at her best-friend who turned out to be alien from another galaxy.

All they had to do was write Jimmy as a really, really great guy that was sweet and chivalrous like Clark, and heroic in how he treats Chloe. Why they did not do this is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
            What a fun discussion.

In the scene itself, I agree that Clark grabbed something oversized, without buttons, and no longer part of his wardrobe for Lois to change into and sleep in. I would not loan a drunk girl a work dress shirt. Also, he probably knew she took an hour to get dressed because he was probably patiently waiting with his head turned away for her to finish, thinking she could pass out or fall or break something, so he could go upstairs to bed himself.*

That is on the surface, however that choice of attire is dripping in symbolism, as everyone has already stated. The only addition I will make is that Lois is wrapped in a blue blanket, wearing a red jersey with yellow numbers and letters.

I liked the continuity back to highschool when they first met with the jersey and flannel shirt.

*I would love to see that scene in Offscreenville with Lois' Whitesnake sing-along.
            The blue blanket! I totally forgot about that!

Comment

a couple of episode before, I just can`t seem to remember which one ... but he said it ... I thought that was ODD as well ... go figure!!
              Really? I don't remember that at all...Huh...Well maybe he just has more important things to worry about than football now..I still think his game winning jersey would be kinda special to him just for nostalgic purposes..I know I still have momentos from things that I used to be into, but am now not. Even though I don't like that activity anymore the items are still special to me. Like the trophy I got when my team won the soccer championships in highschool...I don't play soccer anymore, but it's still makes me smile when I see the trophy on my desk.

ETA: sorry back on topic...Lois wearing the jersey...

Comment

Question? When did he say he wasn't into sports anymore?
                In another show that clearly some people are watching, the only time he talked about sports was in Plastique and he was responding to Lois statement about Endorphins, he said that Sports are a reason of why they are high and then Lois brought the sex reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
                  I'm expecting them to deconstruct every Chlark moment there is over the course of the season.

I know I can be overly sensitive but in this case I feel I'm right, in fact I'm pretty sure of it. Tearing down one ship to build up another seems to be their MO this season.

ITA!

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
                    Thanks for the np tuck of my post for yor covinience....

I am having chlois proofs flashbacks....(not saying you are a chloiser)

Sorry it was too good to let it pass

Comment

Without mentioning that Chlark shot at the Daily ... so what is going to be their next brillant copy cat??
                      [SPOILER]Remember how Chloe got sucked into the FOS in Arrival? Well, now her cousin will be transported to the PZ with Clark in Bloodline. [/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam
                        In another show that clearly some people are watching, the only time he talked about sports was in Plastique and he was responding to Lois statement about Endorphins, he said that Sports are a reason of why they are high and then Lois brought the sex reason.
                        That was not what he said ....but well carry on!

Comment

That was not what he said ....but well carry on!
                          Yes. When Lois was talking about endorphins being released

Lois: endorphins are released when the body performs a certain activity..

Clark: like when you play a sport.

and Lois: Or theres another activity two people share...repetitive motion..Builds to a Climax...

Unless there's another moment from a different eppy I missed...Oh well, it doesn't really matter...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                            [SPOILER]Remember how Chloe got sucked into the FOS in Arrival? Well, now her cousin will be transported to the PZ with Clark in Bloodline. [/SPOILER]
                            ( I can hear voices screaming in the background: copy cat! copy cat! copy cat! ) .... when I thought I couldn`t be surprised anymore !!

Comment

Perhaps they should have made Lois wear something totally different like some blue or red shirt instead of something that could be similar than what Chloe wore in a Chlark scene.

Just my 0.02 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                                And remember how Chloe and Clark were once shown walking down the street together? I have it on good authority we'll see Clark and Lois walk side by side in the future as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎