Lois wearing the Football Jersey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust me KelterDai - I NEVER debated that point - yumm

Comment

To me, the whole thing about having Lois wear Clark's jersey was to subtly show the growing affection Clark feels for her. To anyone that's ever played sports and had a girlfriend, you know that women love wearing the jersey of the guy that they're dating, and the guys love having them do so. Lois wearing the jersey, to me, gives a glimpse of the relationship that's on the horizon.

Comment

I think the jersey is a blatant call-back to Devoted (and in an ep called Commited). To show that Chloe is no longer that girl in the jersey, devotedly pining after Clark. That's Lois now.

As for my feelings on that... I think I need a shot.

Sorry. But us Chlarkers are taking some very direct hits these days and it hurts.

Just a show. Just a show. Just a show....

Have to keep reminding myself.

Comment

^I'm sorry you're upset

But Lois better not start pining...I'll be very upset if she starts that crap...

Comment

Originally posted by individuall
            But Lois better not start pining
            I think she is already pining which can be seen in the loft scene of Instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
              I think she is already pining which can be seen in the loft scene of Instinct.

I don't think that was pining at all...At least I didn't see it that way... I think she was still dealing with the aftermath of Maxima and how she reacted to seeing Maxima and Clark together which really surprised her. In that scene and when Clark brought up soul mates she started thinking about what Maxima said about their bond..And it kind of hit her suddenly...But I don't think it was 'Oh, I really love him blah blah blah.'
              To me even from what we've seen in 'Committed'..I think Lois will be very 'deny deny deny' on her feelings for Clark for a while...Which I'm really excited about...Does that make sense?
              But hey we all interpret things differently. To each her own

Comment

Yup, men love it when women (their girlfriends) wear their shirts. Maybe that's why Clark gave Lois his jersey for her to wear. Gee, I guess Clark's not so wholesome either!

Sexiness aside, I think they just wanted Lois to wear Clark's jersey to signify that she'll be a Kent one day.

Comment

Originally posted by zHeN_zHeN
                  Yup, men love it when women (their girlfriends) wear their shirts. Maybe that's why Clark gave Lois his jersey for her to wear. Gee, I guess Clark's not so wholesome either!

Sexiness aside, I think they just wanted Lois to wear Clark's jersey to signify that she'll be a Kent one day.
                  I thought that too, especially when she twirled around to emphasize the KENT part of the jersey.

Comment

i thought she looked hot and looked even hottter in the next scene with the flannel

Comment

Originally posted by SVrnFAN
                      I also thought it was a nod to Season 4 and it reminded me of when Chloe was wearing it in Devoted. Of all the clothes, his football jersey, from high school, was the only thing he could find for her to wear? I would like to know what the ptb were thinking when they decided to do that.
                      It wasnt the same jersey Chloe was wearing the practice jersey with white numbers and writing

Lois was wearing the winning game jersey which was shiny and yellow writing and numbers.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

I don't think that was pining at all...At least I didn't see it that way... I think she was still dealing with the aftermath of Maxima and how she reacted to seeing Maxima and Clark together which really surprised her. In that scene and when Clark brought up soul mates she started thinking about what Maxima said about their bond..And it kind of hit her suddenly...But I don't think it was 'Oh, I really love him blah blah blah.'
                      To me even from what we've seen in 'Committed'..I think Lois will be very 'deny deny deny' on her feelings for Clark for a while...Which I'm really excited about...Does that make sense?

I think she knew she loved him by the end of Instinct, or at least she's accepted it instead of denying it. It was a sort of setup for the Committed question, where she knows the answer but sure as hell doesnt want him to know, hence all the stalling before answering. IMO

gotta love the continuity this season instead of it just coming out of nowhere in Commited lol

just my opinion though.

I dont particularly think she's pining for him either because she doesnt want him to know she loves him. She loves him but doesnt want to love him. Thats not pining.
                      Last edited by DontCha; 10-20-2008, 08:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Absolutely loved the scene!!! Thought it was really funny and loved every moment of it

Comment

Well said.

Lois is in lockdown mode about her feelings for Clark. She's not pining and she is NOT going to chase him at all. She's going to try and run away from her feelings for him, by denying how she feels about him and lying to herself and others, including Clark, about it.

Clark's going to have to convince her - at the end of all things - to be in a relationship with him, not the other way around.

Oh, and yeah, I'm a straight girl, but Lois did look good in that jersey.

Comment

The sense I get is that PS3 are very deliberately trying to include continuity in S8... and part of that is to bring in references from past seasons. I think they want to show that they've been long enough that they remember early seasons & they like the nostalgia of it all.

With Clark's jersey, I felt that they were trying to do a few things: Show that, yes, they realize that Clark was once in high school and that football was important to him. It wouldn't make sense for Clark to go around wearing it, so they used this moment to do a 'flashback' real quick to THAT Clark Kent. Also, they got a triple whammy with it: (1) Lois looked hot; (2) It increased the sense of 'intimacy' between the two, so it made sense that Lois was afraid they slept together; (3) It's the Superman colors/said "Kent" on the back and so you got the foreshadowing.

I think that this is the same reason they brought back the "Fever" letter and [SPOILER]We're getting the trip down Chloe's memory lane with the first Chlark kiss and other Chlark memories[/SPOILER].

If a person also wants to be symbolic about it, then I guess the jersey can represent a couple of other things: Chloe wore the 'practice' jersey and Lois won the "game winning' jersey. Also, Clark gave the jersey Lois and didn't mind she was wearing it and Chloe, in "Devoted", wore it without his permission and he freaked out she was wearing it. Also, this scene was a great contrast to that scene and showed how mature and grown up Clark is now... back then, he almost had a hernia ("naked girl in my loft, naked girl in my loft, OH NO!!!") vs. now when Lois flat out asked him if they slept together and his response was to laugh, with no blush ("You're hilarious when you're hung-over, Lois." *throw her dress at her*).

So, I guess, they were smart to have her dress up in the jersey... works on a lot of different levels, I suppose.

And, then, later on, we get another shout-out to S4: Lois wears a red plaid shirt of Clark's... in "Gone" she did it without permission and Clark freaked out. Now, Lois does it with permission (because she needed something to wear as a jacket) and Clark/Lois share a scene that dripping with sexual overtones (like their shower scenes) and Clark holds his own... he's mature about it.
                            Last edited by eas; 10-21-2008, 08:36 AM.

Comment

^Very well said eas

I didn't even realize that it was supes colors (duh)..God I'm slow sometimes. Great foreshadowing!

Comment

What a fun discussion.

In the scene itself, I agree that Clark grabbed something oversized, without buttons, and no longer part of his wardrobe for Lois to change into and sleep in. I would not loan a drunk girl a work dress shirt. Also, he probably knew she took an hour to get dressed because he was probably patiently waiting with his head turned away for her to finish, thinking she could pass out or fall or break something, so he could go upstairs to bed himself.*

That is on the surface, however that choice of attire is dripping in symbolism, as everyone has already stated. The only addition I will make is that Lois is wrapped in a blue blanket, wearing a red jersey with yellow numbers and letters.

I liked the continuity back to highschool when they first met with the jersey and flannel shirt.

*I would love to see that scene in Offscreenville with Lois' Whitesnake sing-along.
                                Last edited by stenochick; 10-21-2008, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎