Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"...just knowing that i had everything that i wanted and having it slip away..."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...just knowing that i had everything that i wanted and having it slip away..."

when lois said this to chloe was she talking about oliver (she had just said things had fallen apart between her and ollie), about clark or about her past relationships in general

.. i think she meant Oliver .
    cause that was the person who she really had everything she wanted with .

Comment

I, too, think that she was talking about her past relationship with Oliver. She had enjoyed being with him and persisted in trying to make their relationship work in spite of his annoying, unexplained, mysteriously sudden disappearances, sometimes in the middle of a date. By the time the episode "Justice" aired, Lois was still 'hot on the trail of the Green Arrow' and became disturbingly aware of her strong feelings for Ollie when she suspected that he might be the vigilante she'd been chasing.

She admitted her suspicions to Clark about Ollie probably being the GA, and that she also may be 'falling for' Ollie at the same time during the episode "Hydro", which was just before "Justice". In "Justice", Lois confronts Ollie about his frequent 'rainchecks' in their dating. He tries to cover his behavior by inviting her to go away with him on a romantic Vacation, in an effort to distance them both from the demands of his 'Alter-ego' activities. Near the end of "Justice", Lois' heart gets broken when Ollie, once again, backs out of a 'promise' he's made for them to be 'together', without any valid explanation. He tells her he's leaving town without her, and on top of that, he doesn't plan on returning any time soon. I knew that "Justice" was the last episode of the season that Justin was going to be in, yet I felt shocked and hurt for Lois at how bluntly he broke up with her.

They had a great time together, when he wasn't inexplicably disappearing. So, she knew he didn't trust her enough to share what he was really doing. YES, IMO, I believe Lois was talking about her relationship with Oliver Queen. Also, I don't know what that Mess was she had going with Grant Gabriel, so I don't even consider that relationship anything other than a 'recreational fling'.

Since we've known Lois on Smallville for 4+ years, other than these two relationships, (and I know that many have UNJUSTLY accused her of being a loose woman) she has only 'enjoyed the company' of Arthur Curry for a couple of days, and I fully believe, or IMO, they were Platonic in "Aqua", 1 date with the murderous, morally judgemental Smallville historian, who was also a fellow high school student and 'Sand' meteor freak in "Pariah" who killed Alicia, and 1 date with Graham ??? (can't remember his name), who was the rich, murderous, 'Disappearing' meteor freak in "Fade".

Comment

She was talking about both her relationship with Oliver and Clark's relationship with Lana. Both she and Clark envisioned a white picketed fence and happily ever after at the end of the day with their respective significant others, but it didn't happen. Lois is no idiot, she knows how much Clark loved/still loves Lana, and she always envied their relationship (and constantly pointed out how that she and Oliver were no 'Clark and Lana'), so when they fell apart, her outlook on romantic relationships became even more cynical. The idea of finding "the one" now seems an impossibility because she think she and Clark had already found their soul mates, and lost them... she just doesn't know better yet.

...At least, that's how I understood it.

Comment

yeah just seeing that scene again i too think she meant ollie
          Last edited by loliverlover; 10-20-2008, 01:11 PM.

Comment

She was defenetly talking about Oliver.She thinks that she missed her chance to be trully happy.

Comment

I think she was talking about Oliver

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎