No announcement yet.

What about Lana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clana4Life
    a. Lana did the same thing for Clark that Lois did for Oliver. Clark knows this, which I think would make him NOT pursue a relationship with Lois. It doesn't really make sense, unless he plans to lie to Lois about his Superman identity. If he does that, then he learned nothing from his relationship with Lana and the character has regressed. I think the writers should never have included that bit about Lois saying she had a hero-complex.
    Ollie left Lois, not the opposite.

Comment

From what I recall, in "Siren", Ollie was wanting to try again but it was Lois who said no.

Oliver: "I'm asking you, please give us another chance. I can make this work."
      Lois: "I can't... You know me and my big mouth, I could never keep a secret... "

Comment

It wont be diferent. I think that he wont chase her. he will love her, but he wont tell her becuase he knows what will happen. He knows what happened to lana and he wont want it to happen to her.

I am sure that they will find a way to fugure it out, cuz Lois also broke up with Oliver for kind of the same reason. kind of the same. so they will find a way to make it make sence.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
          From what I recall, in "Siren", Ollie was wanting to try again but it was Lois who said no.
          Ollie didn't want to try, he wanted to hook up whenever he is back in town.

Comment

the thread question reminds of that early Red K episode where that sorta skanky chick comes to town, i think her name was Jesse, and Clark blows Lana off for her. Lex asks Clark "what about Lana" and Clark says "she's old news"..i always found that scene hilarious.

Clark obviously still loves Lana, which is why he won't be "chasing" Lois i don't think until there's some Lana resolution or movement towards that in a later episode. it's like anything else. when you break up with your first love it hurts badly, but then as a flame begins to kindle with someone else a gradual transition occurs.

Comment

It's not really the same because the thing that made them broke up was that Lana had changed as a character. She was darker and needy at the same time and they just weren't meshing like they used too. If it was Clark and Lana from season 3 then they totally would be married now...

Anyways Lois is different because she is also needy but she is more pure and her need comes from being hurt and wanting a stable thing in her life. Lana and Clark are always going to have feelings for each other but their relationship will regress back down to friendship and not being a couple. Slowly Clark will eventually fall for Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by amazingP
                This is true - Lois is a dangerous person - but honestly she would be dead if Clark hadn't saved her multiple times already. She might pretend to be confident and smart about things but isn't she just as much a damsel in distress as Lana was?

To that end I see Lois holding Clark back from doing greater things because he has to be following her around to babysit.
                Lois might be putting herself in dangerous situations already - but they already take up 90% of Clark's time WITHOUT Lex/Brainiac/others chasing her down to get to him.
                I agree. I think saying Lana needs saving too much is a horrible argument. Everyone on SV needs saved...Even Clark! LOL

But Lois has saved herself multiple times on the show... .Examples "Tomb" (idiot was dumb enough to give Lois a knife), "Exposed" (yes Clark grabbed the helicopter, but that's it and she thanked him for it), And also the episode where the crazy Lex cult girl tries to get Lois to kill JK. ('better Late than never Smallville'). And I'm guessing (though I can't remember any specific examples at the moment) that Lana has shown to be somewhat capable of getting herself out of tight spots sometimes too

As for the trust issue with Clark having taught Lana not to trust him...She found out why he didn't tell her so that issue was resolved. If Clark had been cheating on her, or something like that, than Lana would have a reason not to trust him - but she found out the truth which resolved any distrust.
                Last season when Clark told Lana "I taught you not to trust me" - I'm pretty sure she responded correctly when she said "don't blame yourself for my bad choices so you don't taint the image you have of me (or something like that). Which shows that she realizes the mistakes were her's - not a result of Clark teaching her not to trust him.
                I'm glad this was addressed. They really did have a lot of trust issues even after Lana found out Clark's secret...'Wrath' the whole Bizanna fiasco and what not...But, still there was a lot of tension at that farmhouse last season and not the good kind...

Again, episode 100 and the brainiac coma show why Lana couldn't know his secret...and why Lois can't know either...which will create the same distrust aforementioned...which makes things no different than they were with Lana)
                Quick question how did eppy 100 show that Lois couldn't learn Clark's secret exactly. I don't know where you're getting this...In both realities Lois was saved and she didn't come Close to learning about Clark..so I'm

When Smallville tries to answer these questions they have got to hold water. Otherwise they are simply changing everything they were just so the story lines up with the real Superman. These issues are central to the Smallville definition of a hero.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

...and I agree Clana4Life...maybe they can't resolve these issues
                I can't see what Clana4Life wrote for some reason
                Anyway, I to hope that some of these questions are answered more thoroughly.

This next part isn't directed at you amazingP but to everyone in general

OK.Now I know this is going to sound like a cop out and I am totally prepared to get my head chopped off for this...But I think Clana might be one of those relationships that just doesn't work out. They just aren't meant to be and no matte how many times they try, for one reason or another it just doesn't happen. I think in a lot of ways Clark never really saw the REAL Lana. I mean I know she's said something about that over the years too him, as well. I don't doubt he cared for her, but I worry that he saw her more of a symbol of normalcy and put her up on a pedestal instead of trying to really get to know her. Like he was afraid of what he might find out...And I think in season 7 he got a glimpse of it and he was right. He didn't like what he found out. But he still cared for her...Also, I think that's one of the reasons Clois will work so well. Clark has never put Lois on a pedestal and she's never let him. She's always been a 'what you see is what you get, deal with it' kind of girl. she doesn't have secrets, she's a straight shooter. He's always known the real Lois...I'm not so sure about Lana...Does that make any sense to anyone?...Anyway, that's just my take..I know some will disagree..
                Last edited by individuall; 10-18-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Actually Clark will have a lot more to worry about with Lois, based on many stories from the past. She's the reporter who always seems to get herself in trouble...and Superman comes to save her. Anyway, yeah, a much stronger willed person than Lana (although Lana with powers and dressed as Joan Jett was pretty damed hot ).

My issue also surrounds Clark's undying love for Lana, to only lose her (again), find out Chloe has worshipped him since high school, and then he's Superhorndog to fly (OK, he refuses to fly) into a relationship with Lois? Slow down, speedboy! Well, opposites attract, so it's said, and we were originally presented Lois as quite opposite to Clark's personality in many respects.

BTW...I glanced at a comment about Lana possibly returning in a given ep....OK, I'm extremely anal, I don't want to know ANYTHING about upcoming eps, no spoilers of any kind. Is it possible to mask the comments so that only those who want to know what's coming can read it? I won't even read interviews with AM if she tells anything about how Chloe will progress this season. I love surprises

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Magic
                    Ollie didn't want to try, he wanted to hook up whenever he is back in town.
                    I'm not saying he didn't want to do that, I can only speculate. But I just posted his quote, "I want to give us a chance", I'd assume the "us" would mean a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
                      I'm not saying he didn't want to do that, I can only speculate. But I just posted his quote, "I want to give us a chance", I'd assume the "us" would mean a relationship.
                      He's Oliver Queen, reknown man-slut. I'd take anything he says regarding relationships with a sack of salt.

Comment

The love affair is 70 years young - Lois is Passion and Lana is sugar - depends what one is comfortable with.

We should remember that Lana Lang was just written in to paralell Clark's boyhood time to Clark's adult time - she was an after thought.

How they will make the transition in Smallville is anyone's guess - it has come upon us rather fast

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Magic
                          He's Oliver Queen, reknown man-slut. I'd take anything he says regarding relationships with a sack of salt.
                          Well, whatever his intentions, that's what he said, and Lois responded by saying no.

Comment

OK.Now I know this is going to sound like a cop out and I am totally prepared to get my head chopped off for this...But I think Clana might be one of those relationships that just doesn't work out. They just aren't meant to be and no matte how many times they try, for one reason or another it just doesn't happen. I think in a lot of ways Clark never really saw the REAL Lana. I mean I know she's said something about that over the years too him, as well. I don't doubt he cared for her, but I worry that he saw her more of a symbol of normalcy and put her up on a pedestal instead of trying to really get to know her. Like he was afraid of what he might find out...And I think in season 7 he got a glimpse of it and he was right. He didn't like what he found out. But he still cared for her...Also, I think that's one of the reasons Clois will work so well. Clark has never put Lois on a pedestal and she's never let him. She's always been a 'what you see is what you get, deal with it' kind of girl. she doesn't have secrets, she's a straight shooter. He's always known the real Lois...I'm not so sure about Lana...Does that make any sense to anyone?...Anyway, that's just my take..I know some will disagree..[/QUOTE]

I think you hit the nail on the head

Comment

a) why would Clark start chasing Lois when he continues to love Lana (even though they can't be together)

First off, to anyone doubting Clark is going to chase Lois - he will. And he'll start chasing her the moment he realizes that he wants to be with her, and has fully moved on from Lana.

Now, why couldn't he and Lana be together? Because, fundamentally, Lana wanted a different life with Clark than Lois will want (and have) with Clark. Lana only wanted to have a nice, quiet, stable life with the man she loved. That family life that got taken away from her during the meteor shower. That was seen especially in Persona last season, when Lana was all excited of moving away with Clark (who was really Bizarro) to Minnesota or whatever.

However, the life Clark is destined to lead is never going to be quiet or stable. Not only is he going to have villains constantly coming after him, but he's going to have to up and leave at any moments notice to protect/save the world.

The person Clark ends up with is going to have to understand that he can't be there at 5:30 for dinner every night. Lois, however, dose not have that sort of expectation of a "picture perfect" family life waiting for her. Her only great fear is being left behind by the person she loves.

And that is the reason why Clark is going to have to chase her - to show that she isn't going to have to fear that with him. (And I mean chase her as Clark, not Superman. Because honestly, there is no way she's not going to know Clark is Superman the minute Superman goes public).

b) how would Clark think anything is going to be different between Clark and Lois and between Clark and Lana?

First, as someone else said, it will be different with Lois because foremost, Lois and Lana are not the same people. (Clark even says this to Oliver when he tells Ollie he shouldn't keep his secret about being Green Arrow from Lois - that Lois isn't Lana).

For starters, the two girls have totally different outlooks on Clark's secret. Lana was always sad and berating Clark for keeping his secret and not opening up to her. Lois, OTOH, doesn't bother Clark about it at all, even though she suspects he has a secret. She even told Chloe (after Chloe found out from Alicia) that if the person wants to share, they'll share when they're ready.

Next, Clark knows that Lois can, most of the time, take care of herself. That was one of the first things he found out about her in Gone, when he rushed to save her from the military guys in the blackhawks, and she had totally taken them out by herself.

When Lois is in trouble and can't get out of it, then Clark knows she's really in trouble. It's why he freaked out in Recruit when she went missing, and again - to another extent - here.

And finally, one of the main reasons it will be different is that Lois Lane does not put Clark on a pedestal. Or, for that matter, herself. She's very "take me as I am" when it comes to being in a relationship with someone. And the kicker is - she views the person she loves in that same way. She takes them as they are, faults and all. She said it in regards to Oliver when she realized she was falling in love with him: "The guy could tell me her was from Mars right now, and I'd find a way to dismiss it as an endearing quirk."

And, really, that's all Clark has every wanted - to be accepted, and afraid he wouldn't be because he was an alien.

If he screws up, Lois will not defer to him and wont be afraid to call him on it. But she'll still accept and love him, screw-ups and all. She'll allow him to be happy, pissy, selfish, the whole host of emotions too. And more to the point - Clark will do the same for her.

So, these are just some of the fundamentals, IMO, why it will be different (and work) with Lois the way it didn't with Lana.
                              Last edited by morrigan01; 10-18-2008, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Anyone can agree when i say this ,
                                as Lois said in Crimson ;
                                Lana is your past , i'm your future . = )
                                and even though clark responded with ; This is the present . ; )
                                .. it's pretty safe to say ,
                                that the present is ;
                                currently bulding up the chemistry and romance ;
                                for a full fledged ,
                                CLOIS . = ) <3

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎